Box Junction PCN - Archway Rd/Jackson's Lane

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4602 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I've received a PCN through from TFL stating that I entered and stopped in a box junction.

I honestly do not remember doing this intentionally and due to the layout of the junction believe there will no doubt be mitigating factors. Basically traffic and buses merge in from the left (as you may be able to see from teh second picture) so it is quite possible to enter the box when the outside lane appears it will carry on moving, then a bus or car will cut across and block the exit and the right hand lane will stop.

It would be really helpful if anyone could suggest a course of action or any advice on how to go about appealing this charge and/or attempting to obtain additional evidence from TfL, the two pictures included with the PCN are themselves are not proof that I've committed an offence.

Thanks

img003.jpg

img004.jpg

It is not really possible for you to make a judgement as to whether you accept the evidence of the council or not unless you view the CCTV footage they have of the incident. After all, you are being accused of a MOVING traffic contravention supported by a STILL photo image of the alledged offence!

You need to ask (if they haven't already told you on the PCN) as to how/where you can view the CCTV footage. Only then can you decide if you accept the offence may have occurred.

Having said that, even if you did stop on the box, others here may be able to advise if there are more points to appeal on. eg is the box marked out correctly; is the wording on the PCN compliant with the law etc