They wont let us port the mortgage, help please.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3529 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi sorry Im not sure where to post this we are in a similar situation and cant sleep at night for all the worry,we need to leave our property we have two children and only 2 bedrooms boy and girl.the house is not selling and we couldnt get a mortage even if we wanted to we have bad credit and also quite a large shortfall 30k with northern rock,they wont let us port the mortgage or even lower the price to sell quickly we are stuck,our only option is to hand keys back and rent we have seen a property to rent and it is vacant we have a good guarantor and think to application should go through we havnt told the landlord that we are going to hand keys back to mortgage company we have said house has sold and we can move soon I know this is wrong but I was hoping to sign contract on rented place then hand keys back as landlord might not have took a chance on us if he knew house was repossesd,anyone have any advice on this Im stressed with alkl of this just want to move and start a fresh.

Gemma

Hi sorry Im not sure where to post this we are in a similar situation and cant sleep at night for all the worry,we need to leave our property we have two children and only 2 bedrooms boy and girl.the house is not selling and we couldnt get a mortage even if we wanted to we have bad credit and also quite a large shortfall 30k with northern rock,they wont let us port the mortgage or even lower the price to sell quickly we are stuck,our only option is to hand keys back and rent we have seen a property to rent and it is vacant we have a good guarantor and think to application should go through we havnt told the landlord that we are going to hand keys back to mortgage company we have said house has sold and we can move soon I know this is wrong but I was hoping to sign contract on rented place then hand keys back as landlord might not have took a chance on us if he knew house was repossesd,anyone have any advice on this Im stressed with alkl of this just want to move and start a fresh.

Gemma

You ought to have started a new thread - perhaps the moderators can move your query into a thread of its own.

Have you considered renting out your two bed flat instead of handing back the keys? The mortgagee should not reasonably withhold their consent to this. Rental markets in most areas are quite buoyant at the moment, so unless the property is a wreck you might be able to rent it out - this is far preferable to handing back the keys IF you can achieve a rental that covers the mortgage and any arising expenses for the property.

You need to be careful about making misleading statements to your prospective landlord. Ground 17 HA1996 indicates that doing so can create a ground for repossession. The short advice is 'don't do it' - if you can show your landlord that you can meet the rental payments, and you have a guarantor (as you indicate), then the landlord may be willing to rent the property to you without you having to mislead him. Of course, it's your choice as to what you decide to do in relation to that.

Hello and Welcome,

I've started a new thread for you, please continue to post here regarding this issue.

Thanks.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thanks for that your right about being upfront to landlord just worries me that with the bad credit and then the house it doesnt look good why would any one want a tenant like that.yes we can meet the payments and have good guarantor but it still looks bad on paper.regarding renting our property thats not an option as I dont want the hassel of being a landlord and I still have the problem if the decide to move on Im stuck with two lots of payments a month.wish I knew what to do this is just awful and such a worry with children.