style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3494 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

TFL have sent me a summons to attend court, the incident happened on the 8th March 2011, but I recieved the summons on the 14th September 2011, I need to know if they had a time limit of 6 months to send me this. If so, what do I do about it. As I have already arranged an out of court settlement with them, but didn't notice the dates until after. I don't have a criminal record against me, and certainly do not want one, for a stupid forgetful mistake. I paid using oystercard going up to where I was going, but forgot to scan coming back, if I had scanned it would of been free(within 70 minutes)

sorry you've lost me.

they have settled out of court, but have sent a summonms by mistake?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They have 6 months to send the information to the court, not to send you the summons. Check the date the summons was signed.

An out of court settlement can happen right up until they prosecute you in the court room.

sorry you've lost me.

they have settled out of court, but have sent a summonms by mistake?

dx

I believe they sent the summons, the OP settled out of court on receipt of this, then noticed the dates...That's how I read it anyway, lol.

As has been said though,It's 6-month to be put to the court. It's only just 6-months from the incident date, therefore the matter was probably 'booked' with the court well within time.

TFL have sent me a summons to attend court, the incident happened on the 8th March 2011, but I recieved the summons on the 14th September 2011, I need to know if they had a time limit of 6 months to send me this. If so, what do I do about it. As I have already arranged an out of court settlement with them, but didn't notice the dates until after. I don't have a criminal record against me, and certainly do not want one, for a stupid forgetful mistake. I paid using oystercard going up to where I was going, but forgot to scan coming back, if I had scanned it would of been free(within 70 minutes)

I think there may be a clue in the OP's posting and a question that needs asking here

You say that you 'had arranged an out of court settlement with them'

Have you actually paid and has the payment been cleared by TfL banking?

If not, my guess is that they will simply activate the Summons that had already been issued.

If you have paid, and it has cleared their accounts, then turn up at Court with your receipt and claim wasted costs.