BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3077 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there, I have already posted about a few other debts my other half has on other threads, not sure I have done this correctly.

He has a Northern Rock loan which I believe he took out in 2004 alongside his mortgage, it was before we were together.

I got him to write and as for a copy of the original agreement which they have sent.

I find it unbelievable the interest rate that he is paying. It looks like he took out an unsecured loan of £22,498.00 with an APR of 7.1%.

He has since sold his flat and paid off the mortgage with the sale.

But the loan states that if paid in full the rate of interest charged goes up to 5.00% above the current standard variable rate for mortgages.

So since he paid it in 2008, he is now paying a 9.79% interest and hardly making a dent in the loan.

Quite unfair considering he would benefit from a lower variable rate.

With a loan outstanding at just above £20k he is paying £204.70 per month and yet about £170 a month, it's horrendous, is there anything we can do about this?

He tells me that he got into a bit of trouble while back and ended up paying them a fortune in charges for his mortgage being in arrears along with the loan,

can we claim that back?

I'm trying my best to help him and if we can claim something somewhere it might help pya off other debts.

He is paying Blair & Scott I think for three outstanding debts and being doing that every month for the past two years without a fault but I know that he had charges for all of these too,

what a mess, in need of help? :whoo:

Subscribing to thread...hopefully that someone can offer some advice..as i don't know a lot about this.

Regards,

Stormski

unless youhave all te statements for all the debts

you need to sar each lender

all unlawful charges, like over/late/cat died

can be reclaimed on everything bar bank accounts.

have you also looked at ppi mis-selling?

you need to start to gather info

then start a thread for each debt in the named forum for the OC

and go from there

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..