• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

the funding corporation

elliemay2612
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi we need your help

my husband took out car finance with this company over 6years ago he lost his job and could not make the payments. he had got over the halfway point so asked for a voluntary termination of the contract. the finance company came out and recovered the car. 2 months ago he received a letter from a deby collection company saying he ows them £3600 for the car. can they make him pay this? what can we do about this? we have been in contact with the financial ombudsman who has sent them a letter saying that we are disputing the debt and they are looking into it but i have little doubt that they will come back and say he still owes it. when we spoke to the funding corporation the staff were rude and refused to send out copies of the account and the terms and conditions applicable at the time. HELP

Dear Elliemay2612

We are sorry to hear that you are dissatisfied with the service you have received. At The Funding Corporation we take all complaints very seriously and would like to try and resolve this matter for you. If you would like us to investigate your complaint please contact our Complaints Department on (0845 271 7896 - local rate) or alternatively write to them at: Complaints, The Funding Corporation, International House, Kingsfield Court, Chester Business Park, Chester CH4 9RF.

Unfortunately Data Protection legislation prevents us from addressing matters of this nature over a public forum.

Kind regards,

The Funding Corporation

The Funding Corporation Limited. Registered in England number 44055624. Registered office address: IM House, South Drive, Coleshill, West Midlands B46 1DF.

I find it very hard to believe The Funding Corporation take complaints seriously. I can also concur that staff are rude, unhelpful and generally unprofessional. You only have to look at simialr threads on this website to see what people think of The Funding Corporation. It also seems strange that they have only just starting to comment on posts are they becoming concerned about their corporate image

thanks for your comment smileymiley it backs up the service we have had, when we asked for copies of things such as documents my husband has meant to have signed they just put the phone down how nice is that. i have complained down the right channels as i have gone through the financial ombudsman service who have sent a letter to the complaints department so will see what happens now but i wont be leaving this when we are been sent threatening letters from debt collectors regarding a debt that should have been resolved 6 years ago !!!!!!!!!!!!.

thanks for that when they finally get in touch after "investigating" i will ask for that as well, they say he signed a surrender notice not a termination notice and thats why the debt is still there but they came and picked the property up and wont send us copies of what he actually signed.

Today I learnt the Ombudsman has found in my favour and ordered TFC to put me back in the position I would of been if I hadn't taken the PPI policy. My question is as it is now been charged onto my property and the policy terminated with no rebate do I treat it as though the full term of the loan had expired and all premiums paid inorder to work out the refund using the calc available on this website?

well the funding copr are at it again and say they cant send paperwork out as they have sold the debt on. i wonder do they realise its illegal to sell the debt on without notifying the people involved then they have said its outside the financial ombudsman services jurisdiction we will see.

they are a bunch of muppets. I requested copy letters from them last week and they sent me one last week that mentions a payment that was made recently by me but doesn't appear on my statement. When I queried it they stated that I had to prove I sent it. They didnt like it whe i said you sent me a letter confirming receipt of it therefore theirs your proof

• 2 weeks later...
I find it very hard to believe The Funding Corporation take complaints seriously. I can also concur that staff are rude, unhelpful and generally unprofessional. You only have to look at simialr threads on this website to see what people think of The Funding Corporation. It also seems strange that they have only just starting to comment on posts are they becoming concerned about their corporate image

I love it when people see right through TFC.

No they do not take complaints seriously, whats more, they each cover their own backs.

Yes they are rude (except one who I have a soft spot for as she is lovely and really needs to get out of there, she knows who she is).

If you want a laugh, read on their website about Red to Black! They have stopped taking new business, as they 'reckon' TFC are increasing in size so they need to concentrate on their clients, haha growing, more like TFCs debts are growing....... by the second.

Message to TFC. I know you do not like me, and I know you know who I am, well, i am back.

I love it when people see right through TFC.

No they do not take complaints seriously, whats more, they each cover their own backs.

Yes they are rude (except one who I have a soft spot for as she is lovely and really needs to get out of there, she knows who she is).

If you want a laugh, read on their website about Red to Black! They have stopped taking new business, as they 'reckon' TFC are increasing in size so they need to concentrate on their clients, haha growing, more like TFCs debts are growing....... by the second.

Message to TFC. I know you do not like me, and I know you know who I am, well, i am back.

ACF Car Finance- General Insurance & Pure Protection, July- Dec 2010- Complaint = 600, upheld = 0

Funding Corporation- General Insurance & Pure Protection, July- Dec 2010- Complaints = 603, upheld = 1

From here:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Library/...ec/table.shtml

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/c...tion-hell.html

This is how serious TFC take their complaints

well we have had their final response and sent a copy of that with the only paperwork we have been given to the financial ombudsmen i love how they think they are above them. they actually put in a letter " this is out of the financial ombudsmens jurisdiction" we will see about that!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are idiots they sell debts on but dont actually try to resolve the matter with the client thats clever i really must hand it to them they have really great BUSINESS SENSE. its like them lending someone a pen then if they dont hand it back right away telling the teacher on them instead of just asking.

Elliemay, TFC have always thought they are above every organisation of power.

I will PM you an email address, it is for a guy at Hereford Trading Standards who is putting together a case against them. It will not be an individual case, it is a collective so he can put the final nail in their coffin. I believe, he is going to challenge the IM Group who own them though I may be wrong.

He has statements from me, so it is worth playing your part.

Lastly Stephensons Solicitors in Leigh, give em a buzz if you have not already, they love taking this cowboy outfit on.

• 2 weeks later...

I looked on Companies House and there is no mention of IM Group could you send me the details of Hereford Trading Standards so that I can send him my paperwork. I have a Bill of Sale that is invlaid yet they still took the car, i have put in a PPI that has been accepted by the Ombudsman on the grounds of my pre existing medical condition. They have stated that I could still claim on the PPI even though I had pre existing conditions but the insurance details atate I cannot.

If they cannot get the basics correct what chance is there on them resolving complaints to a satisfactory level

• 4 weeks later...

They dont. Love thier reply, they are so concerned they post once and dissappear, would be nice for them to stick around once in a while.

As for corporate image, I honestly do not think they have one, apart from the bullying tactics they use to intimidate people.

From experience, when a complaint is made, the complaints staff (trying not to laugh) and customer services put their heads together to make a fence, and come up with some explanations to just back each other up.

I got a letter of them after a compalint once saying it takes 28 days ti investigate, then 3 hours later got an email saying there was nothing evident to uphold a complaint I made, funny how that actual phone call was not recorded.

I looked on Companies House and there is no mention of IM Group could you send me the details of Hereford Trading Standards so that I can send him my paperwork. I have a Bill of Sale that is invlaid yet they still took the car, i have put in a PPI that has been accepted by the Ombudsman on the grounds of my pre existing medical condition. They have stated that I could still claim on the PPI even though I had pre existing conditions but the insurance details atate I cannot.

If they cannot get the basics correct what chance is there on them resolving complaints to a satisfactory level

Contact Details:

I.M. Group Limited

I.M. House

South Drive

Coleshill

B46 1DF

United Kingdom

Andrew Edmiston

Managing Director - I.M. Group

Gary Hutton

Director of Administration - I.M. Group

Paul Tunnicliffe

Managing Director - Subaru, Isuzu & Daihatsu

David Wall

Director of Business Development - I.M. Group

There you go.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i took a loan out with CapitalOne, i got a letter after a few months saying my loan was now with The Funding Corporation, i was told i needed PPI as there is a more chance i will get the loan so agreed only to get the loan. I had another with another bank where i said no and they where fine. Anyway i paied of the 10,000k loan after 14 months, to my horror it cost 1800 pounds than my other 10,000 loan, i realised it was PPI. I complained profusly at the time, They were so rude to me, basically they said its tough luck, its front loaded etc etc. Anyway, i did complain, a few years ago, i was told to sod off. Just recently i complained through the FO and the response was "it is outside the juristriction of the finacial ombudsman" but to try to find out who the insurance was with and complain to them.

I am gobsmacked, it doesnt explain anything, i have no idea how to find out who the insurance was with. I still cant believe if it was taken out with Capitalone why the blame doesnt rest with them anyway, but they have no record of me at all. Confused and really lost on where i should go now.

What does outside the jurisdiction really mean and how can you overcome this? :-x