Anglia Water - Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3533 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have a problem and not sure what to do. My ex and I rented a house, we moved in about 7 years ago. We split the bills - I paid rent, council tax etc - he paid water, gas, electricity etc.

He lost his job and became self employed and I remember we really struggled for money. I fell behind on the rent and council tax.

We broke up but continued to live together until about 2 years ago when he moved out.

He said he would continue to pay the water bill as I was struggling to pay the bills and so that was left in his name (so were the gas and electricity but they were on prepayment meters).

I managed to sort out the rent and council tax and got myself on my feet. I continued paying the gas-electricity on the pre payment meter.

A year ago I moved out and forwarded meter readings to the gas-electricity people and gave them my ex's address (with his permission).

I didn't do anything with the water meter - I wouldn't know how to take a reading (or even if you're supposed to).

Last year I got a letter at my new address from a DCA (I can't remember which one) addressed to me and my ex demanding £2k+. I contacted my ex and asked him what this was about. He said he knew the account had been in arrears and was in contact with the water company about this. I asked him to contact the DCA and tell them this as for some reason they were sending him and I joint letters at my address.

I returned further letters to sender. I didn't hear anything for about 6 months. Now I get a letter every other day. I keep on returning them but they don't stop.

I do not understand why they are harrassing me if he has agreed a payment plan with them.

I have moved on with my life - am on my feet and am married - my husband keeps asking why I am getting letters to me and my ex. Should I contact these people? Should I keep returning things? Why are they harrassing me when my ex is in contact with them.

Is there anything I can do?

Lemon