Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder

  • Tweets

  • Posts

    • you ring you bank    
    • i suspect the charge on the Land registry site against the house reads:   2. (XX.XX.2007) RESTRICTION: No disposition of the registered estate is to be completed by registration without a certificate signed by the applicant or his conveyancer that written notice of the disposition was given to XX Council at P.O. Box XX, STREET, TOWN, POSTCODE, being the person with the benefit of a Charge under Section 22 of the Health and Social Services and Social Security Adjudications Act 1983.   ..............   that is a restriction k and is useless to the council, as all 'legally' your have to do is inform them AFTER the house has been sold . then it's too late money has gone.   dx
    • I have got a copy of the charge. The Land Registry responded to say that the document attached to the RX1 was as follows. The A4 document headed 'Health and Social Services and Social Security Adjudications Act 1983 and National Health Service and Community Care Act 1990' is a statutory charge. However as the person concerned (your late father) was one of joint proprietors of the property, the charge could not be registered or noted. Instead it was protected by registration of a restriction.   This is a statutory charge that has arisen under section 22 of the Health and Social Services and Social Security Adjudications Act 1983.   Unfortunately the Land Registry blog was discontinued on 30 June 2020 [I only found out today!] they're waiting for a new platform which could take a few weeks - so I haven't been able to obtain any other advice, other than what I found in the Hardwick and co website today which stated that S22 of HASSA had been repealed and stated that    After 1 April 2015 a Local Authority will only be able to recover unpaid care home fees by securing a judgment debt either in the County Court or the High Court (s69(1) of the Act). and The Act increases the time limit for the recovery of a debt comprising of unpaid care home fees from three years to six years from the date the sum becomes due   hence I thought that as the fees had not been paid and more than 3 years had elapsed that perhaps the charge was no longer extant?    If the restriction is such that the CS only has to notify the council [and there's no restriction on me selling] then I thought the sale could proceed while I continue to battle it out with the council. Who haven't been in touch now since 2016.   This is all very complicated - I'm sure it could be simplified!!   Thank you      
    • You've been here since 2013 so you must be aware that the tell people all the time to read our customer services guide and to record their calls. We try to remind people that if they don't record their calls then sooner or later they will regret it. I think if you do anything morning telephone you should have read our customer services guide first because then you would have the evidence you need to persuade people that you did take the action that you saved it. I suspect one of the problems it will be managing to establish that you let people know in advance. If there is a delivery which signed for that you may find that Amazon and also your bank may not be very happy about helping you out. Although the bank may activate the chargeback, they may later on after a further "investigation" for the money back from you. Suggest that you send Amazon an SAR.  
    • Thanks. Do I go to the bank and ask for this, or is this something I have to apply for outside the bank?     
  • Our picks

    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.
      I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.
      I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.
      No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.
      The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.
      They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.
      They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.
      I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?
      Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies

Income Support Claim - Rejected

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2517 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

hi everyone,


This forum was a god send to me a few weeks back, and they say it doesn't rain but pours I now have a massive problem, that I am hoping someone can help me with:


My situation: Newly single mum, with a 2 1/2 yr old, work 15 hours a week, no pay, for my mums business (has not always been no pay but the business is not going good so I agreed to take no wage for a while, not a problem when I was with my ex, and this is a temporary measure until she can afford to pay me again (probs next year)


I have a mortagage to pay, and I claim income support and help with mortgage payments 3 months ago, its taken phone call after phone call, to be told today that they wont pay it, as it is unreasonable of my mum to expect me to work for free, therefore no payments for me. I said how am I supposed to feed and house my child for £60 a week tax credits, she said you could try upping your hours and claiming working tax credits. I am so upset, so I gotta work more hours, for free, see my son less, and get less money. I was completely honest with them from the off, and it makes me mad when people fiddle the system and get loads of money, now when I need them I get nothing!


So they said I could appeal it, which I fully plan to do, but that could take months, if I up my hours with WTC, I wont get any back payments from IS, if I do finally get it, I could screw my mum over and stop working for her, then I wont get any money for the Iincome support in last 3 months I have been waiting for it, and to top it all off had to borrow money from my friend to see me right, while waiting for my claim, and told her I would pay it back when I get my backdated payments, and now I cant pay her back.


Sorry for the long post but am really hoping someone can help.


Many thanks.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is something about working with family not being work experience / voluntary work. Can't remember the exact document; but I think it's a tax credit manual.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Volunatry work cannot be accepted if it is for a family member and it is usually only accepted if the voluntary work is for a registered charity or non profit making organisation as well as any companies listed on the do-it website.

As this was a job that you would normally have been paid to do you are being treated as having notional income which is likely to exceed your rate of IS using the national minimum wage.

You have a few options, either consider increasing your hours to be able to claim working tax credits or give up the work and claim the IS in full until your mum is in a position to pay you once again.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is something about underlying support with mortgage interest - no idea whether that applies here though.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

hi, thank you so much for replying, I have spoken to my mum who has said she will get her, currently out of work, partner to cover my hours, however there is a slight issue I have, when I first made my claim I claimed as self employed (as I am) they treated the work I do for my mum as my business and seperate from my mums business, so I gave incomings and outgoings as nothing (prob not explaining this well). So what I am saying is, they are now treating me as an employee of my mum, rather than self employed in my own right. So although I am happy to call them tommorow and say im not working for my mum anymore, I am a bit peed off that I will get nothing for the last 3 months cus they were a bit slow, and am now well behind on the mortgage, and owe people money.


Once again thank you, there are some very knowledgable people on this forum!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please could someone advise me about NOTIONAL INCOME?


The scenario is that I worked for several firms in the past. One firm that I worked for for thirteen years gave me a "frozen pension". I then worked abroad but came back to the UK after about a year. Inundated with bills I cashed-in the frozen pension (which I didn't really understand thinking the value of it would erode with time) and received about £1600. I assumed that this would be the end of story. Unfortunately when I reached the age of sixty a "residual amount" of about £2000 was paid to me. I am 99% certain that this was my Widows Pension contributions. THIS WAS NOT MY PENSION but the DWP say that it is and its opened-up a whole can of worms.


Apart from short term jobs I worked for another firm for eleven years. I loathed the job, the management and the hours and eventually told them where to stuff their job. I think I was blacklisted (the management were Freemasons) because I could never get another job again. I had to survive on JSA. At age sixty I became entitled to Early Retirement and signed to accept the increased payment and not needing to look for work. I did not know how to claim the pension from that execrable firm and quite frankly I did not really want their money as I felt it to be tainted dirty money which I did not really wish to accept.


At the age of 65 I became entitled to the Old Age Pension. This was extremely stressful as several government departments started nagging and arguing about who was going to be paying my pension. It was patently obvious that they would have vastly preferred for me to have pegged-it and got into my coffin. The firms pension which was only based on eightieths for each year of service was mentioned and I was told that I HAD to claim it.


The reason for all this nagging soon became apparent - THEY WANTED MY MONEY! Anyhow with owing several thousands on credit cards it seemed a good idea to claim the pension. I was paid arrears for the six unclaimed years and received a pay slip "Pay this month £31,000 Tax this month £12,500. Already the £31K was down to £18.5K! They then calculated Notional Income of about £17K and of course I then had to pay Council Tax, £750 to the end of the Council Tax year. Its quite amazing how the £31K can dwindle to seven hundred and fifty quid but that seems to be how the system works. Of course now that Pension Credits have been cancelled there will be no free NHS dentistry or spectacles and no free court fees for suing cheats who have swindled me on eBay.


This country is fast becoming like Zimbabwe as the "Notional Income" and hence notional debt is basically a tissue of lies based on false accounting.


They are now docking forty pounds per week from my Old Age Pension in order to pay-off this notional debt. No doubt they want this money to send to Bongo-Bongo land.

Edited by grumpy101
extra material

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...