• Tweets

• Are you allowed to appeal if you plead guilty?   I know you appeal the sentence, but the criminal record formed from your guilt would surely remain?   I'm not sure if your able to appeal a crimianl record if you plead guilty are you?
    • DX: I did not pursue Link after I got the CCJ amended to monthly payments. Pretty sure the CCJ does not mention reviews, I do have the CCJ somewhere, I will have to look it up in storage. It is as mentioned on the thread you referenced  in your post #28. The Barclays loan was taken out in September 2004 for 60 months! Current Balance remaining approx £2K. On checking back my past correspondence with Barclaycard about this loan, there was a history of them ignoring my letters and offers to pay, and I even had problems in obtaining their bank account details for them to accept my payments! I have received strange correspondence from them too, one referring to insurance which I did not have. They seem very disorganised! Barclaycard told me to pay "Masterloan" a while back and I now receive regular statements and arrears notices from "Personal Loans from Barclaycard" clearly marked Masterloan, they changed the account reference number! I have never requested a CCA on this account. I advised them of my change of address last September, but they are still sending, until today, statements etc. to my old address! I have received 2 letters from Barclaycard Loan today though, not opened them yet!!
    • Yes, a few months ago. They wrote back saying there was no CCA and the debt was unenforcable. I then started gtting bombarded with threatening emails from their 'litigations team' which have been sent to spam. I've now recieved the letter before claim with the PAP form enclosed, but still no CCA or even a letter from them to say the debt is deemed enforcable. Thank you.
    • That's a shame but not unexpected.  I'm not sure about your assumed  questions because I haven't been to court but I'm not sure about not accepting a criminal record. It could be a language thing but it isn't your choice unfortunately.  HB
    • Have you previously requested the agreement by a CCA request ?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Income Support Claim - Rejected

leeseylee
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3893 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone,

This forum was a god send to me a few weeks back, and they say it doesn't rain but pours I now have a massive problem, that I am hoping someone can help me with:

My situation: Newly single mum, with a 2 1/2 yr old, work 15 hours a week, no pay, for my mums business (has not always been no pay but the business is not going good so I agreed to take no wage for a while, not a problem when I was with my ex, and this is a temporary measure until she can afford to pay me again (probs next year)

I have a mortagage to pay, and I claim income support and help with mortgage payments 3 months ago, its taken phone call after phone call, to be told today that they wont pay it, as it is unreasonable of my mum to expect me to work for free, therefore no payments for me. I said how am I supposed to feed and house my child for £60 a week tax credits, she said you could try upping your hours and claiming working tax credits. I am so upset, so I gotta work more hours, for free, see my son less, and get less money. I was completely honest with them from the off, and it makes me mad when people fiddle the system and get loads of money, now when I need them I get nothing!

So they said I could appeal it, which I fully plan to do, but that could take months, if I up my hours with WTC, I wont get any back payments from IS, if I do finally get it, I could screw my mum over and stop working for her, then I wont get any money for the Iincome support in last 3 months I have been waiting for it, and to top it all off had to borrow money from my friend to see me right, while waiting for my claim, and told her I would pay it back when I get my backdated payments, and now I cant pay her back.

Sorry for the long post but am really hoping someone can help.

Many thanks.

Volunatry work cannot be accepted if it is for a family member and it is usually only accepted if the voluntary work is for a registered charity or non profit making organisation as well as any companies listed on the do-it website.

As this was a job that you would normally have been paid to do you are being treated as having notional income which is likely to exceed your rate of IS using the national minimum wage.

You have a few options, either consider increasing your hours to be able to claim working tax credits or give up the work and claim the IS in full until your mum is in a position to pay you once again.

hi, thank you so much for replying, I have spoken to my mum who has said she will get her, currently out of work, partner to cover my hours, however there is a slight issue I have, when I first made my claim I claimed as self employed (as I am) they treated the work I do for my mum as my business and seperate from my mums business, so I gave incomings and outgoings as nothing (prob not explaining this well). So what I am saying is, they are now treating me as an employee of my mum, rather than self employed in my own right. So although I am happy to call them tommorow and say im not working for my mum anymore, I am a bit peed off that I will get nothing for the last 3 months cus they were a bit slow, and am now well behind on the mortgage, and owe people money.

Once again thank you, there are some very knowledgable people on this forum!

• 1 year later...

Please could someone advise me about NOTIONAL INCOME?

The scenario is that I worked for several firms in the past. One firm that I worked for for thirteen years gave me a "frozen pension". I then worked abroad but came back to the UK after about a year. Inundated with bills I cashed-in the frozen pension (which I didn't really understand thinking the value of it would erode with time) and received about £1600. I assumed that this would be the end of story. Unfortunately when I reached the age of sixty a "residual amount" of about £2000 was paid to me. I am 99% certain that this was my Widows Pension contributions. THIS WAS NOT MY PENSION but the DWP say that it is and its opened-up a whole can of worms.

Apart from short term jobs I worked for another firm for eleven years. I loathed the job, the management and the hours and eventually told them where to stuff their job. I think I was blacklisted (the management were Freemasons) because I could never get another job again. I had to survive on JSA. At age sixty I became entitled to Early Retirement and signed to accept the increased payment and not needing to look for work. I did not know how to claim the pension from that execrable firm and quite frankly I did not really want their money as I felt it to be tainted dirty money which I did not really wish to accept.

At the age of 65 I became entitled to the Old Age Pension. This was extremely stressful as several government departments started nagging and arguing about who was going to be paying my pension. It was patently obvious that they would have vastly preferred for me to have pegged-it and got into my coffin. The firms pension which was only based on eightieths for each year of service was mentioned and I was told that I HAD to claim it.

The reason for all this nagging soon became apparent - THEY WANTED MY MONEY! Anyhow with owing several thousands on credit cards it seemed a good idea to claim the pension. I was paid arrears for the six unclaimed years and received a pay slip "Pay this month £31,000 Tax this month £12,500. Already the £31K was down to £18.5K! They then calculated Notional Income of about £17K and of course I then had to pay Council Tax, £750 to the end of the Council Tax year. Its quite amazing how the £31K can dwindle to seven hundred and fifty quid but that seems to be how the system works. Of course now that Pension Credits have been cancelled there will be no free NHS dentistry or spectacles and no free court fees for suing cheats who have swindled me on eBay.

This country is fast becoming like Zimbabwe as the "Notional Income" and hence notional debt is basically a tissue of lies based on false accounting.

They are now docking forty pounds per week from my Old Age Pension in order to pay-off this notional debt. No doubt they want this money to send to Bongo-Bongo land.

Edited by grumpy101
extra material