barlcaycard/capquest account in dispute passed to AIC

desperati
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4588 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been dealing with crapquest re a barclaycard account.

I cca'd them on 22 july 2011, they sent the usual account on hold letter, after the required time i sent account in dispute letter,

they replied with letter stating it was with "quality control"??? heard no more (no they havent returned my £1).

today i recieved a letter from AIC for the same account.

Has something changed,

I thought they couldnt pass to another dca if it was in dispute.

I seem to recall there was a template to send to a dca that takes over an account in dispute but, cant find it.

Does anyone have the link for it?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

ok have an update, sent letter to AIC and had letter from capquest stating that as no payments had been made Barclaycard have taken back the debt and they will refund my £1, I have now recieved another letter from AIC stating:-

"as your above account remains unpaid allied international credit (uk) Limited (AIC) are currently reviewing your file within our collection departmant to consider if further action is warranted.

the immediate options available to you are as follows.

* make a one off full and final settlement payment on your account, please call the number below to discuss the discount options. further to your submission of the agreed payment, neither we nor our client will pursue you further in regard to th above account.

* submit a down payment 0f £***.** (25% of the balance), then repay the remaining balance at £**.** per month (remaining balance paid over 48 months)

* repay the balance at an amount of £**.** per month (remaining balance paid over 36 months)

Please note any subsequent late payment or default on any of the above options may result in any aettlement or repayment offer being withdrawn.

Alternatively if you are anable to propose any of the above options please call to discuss your account.

Failure to contact us immediately on the teçephone number below to discus your account may result in a recommendation to our client that proceedings should be initiated against you.

okso any advice on what should be my next action, should I ignore them? send AIC a cca req (they have no chance of getting it its from approx 1979-81) or should i just refer them to my previous letter about it being in dispute with Capquest (tho they have now washed thier hands of it)

Thanks

You could ignore them, or continue playing the game of letter tennis.

They have nothing enforceable on you IMO, offering you discounts is indicative of this, you requested the CCA once, it failed to materialise there is no requirement to send another request, the account is disputed, so you can tell them of this, or just ignore them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Ahhh, I miss letter tennis with Crapquest :violin:

Probably send you an application form and outdated/incomplete T&C's from a different year to the debt.:roll:

After trying originally to make arrangements with original creditors, apart from First Direct who were great, I'm just ticking the days off to all my debt being SB'd next year! :whoo:

I'd just make sure you have sent the 'In Dispute' letter, for when they sell the debt.....well 'try' to as no DCA will touch them with a pooh stick:!:

Andrew

Escaped the DCA nightmare, now helping others start businesses

www.ukleakdetection.co.uk