• Tweets

• Thanks FTM, that's very reassuring.   Since my formal complaint email I've noticed that the site manager has been in our garden a couple of times (we have a Ring camera that notifies and records footage when it's triggered), so I assume something is going on on their side.   Let's see on Thursday how the land lies (excuse the pun). Unfortunately the outcome I fear the outcome we're likely to get is a vague reassurance that they will eventually do it, which will not be satisfactory. I hope I'm wrong!
    • I don't claim to be an expert but I think the only time I've seen fraud mentioned in connection with a transport offence is when the ticket has been forged.   Have you read other threads by people in a similar situation to yourself? That should let you know what to expect.   HB
    • Did you manage to see the cancellation letter I uploaded? Thank you 
    • We believe this firm may be providing financial services or products in the UK without our authorisation. Find out why you should be wary of dealing with this unauthorised firm and how to protect yourself.View the full article
    • Hi everyone   Yesterday I got an email from the councillor I'd first contacted, asking me if things had improved. I thought I'd show you all my reply:     "Thank you very much for contacting me. Unfortunately, my original message to you achieved absolutely nothing (though I'm sure you did your best). I have made further efforts to fix this problem, but to no avail, and it has got to the point where I feel I'm just talking to myself. I contacted the Worcester News and they ran an article, but when they approached Platform Housing, its response was totally unhelpful. I contacted my MP, Harriett Baldwin, but she got the same unhelpful response when she approached them. I then emailed Elizabeth Froude, Platform's CEO, but she did not reply. I emailed her again, with the same result. Platform is simply refusing to enter into any dialogue whatsoever. Its chief excuse regarding this change to our computer setup is that they want to protect residents' information, but I am deeply sceptical about this, because for one thing, they actually removed residents' long-standing protection a long time before they made this change. When I first came to The Firs, anyone who wanted a private account on the computer could have one: this meant that when you switched the computer on, you saw several icons with usernames beside them, you clicked on yours, then put in your own unique password to get into the computer. If you needed to save the odd file, this was in your account only, behind that password an inaccessible to other residents. But a couple of years ago, this was all changed: suddenly there were no private accounts, and not even a password to get onto the computer. If you saved a file, it was there for all to see, so you had to remember to copy it onto a USB stick then delete it from the computer, or just download the information directly onto the USB stick from the Web. But if you wanted your information secure, that was no problem. But now they've locked us out of the computer with Kiosk Mode in the name of security, and as you can see from what I've just written, it appears to be a bogus excuse. Platform has supplied a printer, but it's useless to us. There's no paper, we don't even know if there's ink, and worst of all, there's no way of knowing how it interfaces with the present setup of the computer. If I wanted to print out an email right now, I wouldn't have the faintest idea how to do it, and I'm one of the most computer-savvy people here. The other problems persist: 1) No copying and pasting. If I wanted to insert a link into this email, it would be impossible. I'm going to give you a link to a Platform Housing publication later on, but the only reason I'll be able to do it is because I've borrowed someone's laptop to write this message. 2) No ad-blocker. The Chrome browser had an ad-blocker that worked fine, but now they've switched us to the Edge browser, we're plagued with ads. Some websites are almost unusable. The Daily Mail and Guardian, for instance, are full of animated popups that distract the eye, and the Mail has so many ads, the whole screen jumps up and down as the ads load, for minutes on end. Youtube videos are interrupted ever couple of minutes or so. The thing is, Edge has its own ad-blocker, made by Microsoft, but Platform will not enable it, and we can't enable it ourselves, as all controls are locked away from us. I've asked Platform to enable it, but just got a flat refusal. 3) We still can't upload anything from outside the computer. For instance, if I were seeking your help on a matter that was affecting my health, and I needed to show you a letter from my GP, until recently that would have been easy: just scan it, put in onto a USB stick, write an email to you and attach the letter. Now, that is simply impossible. One very important thing to note is that in its treatment of Firs residents, Platform Housing is going against everything it claims to stand for when it comes to digital inclusion for its tenants. Here is a pdf of its 'mission statement' (which, I should remind you, I could not even link you to using the Firs computer): https://www.platformhg.com/download.cfm?doc=docm93jijm4n6904.pdf&ver=10036 Its treatment of Firs residents renders this publication meaningless. I hope you will contact Platform again and try to get its staff to engage with us. Thank you."   I copied Platform Housing's CEO into the message. Probably won't do any good, but it's made me feel that at least I'm trying.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Lloyds Single Premium PPI on two loans from 1998/99

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3898 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took two loans with Lloyds in 1998 / 1999, one for 7000 and one for 5000. I only discovered there was an insurance premium of (if I remember rightly) £1500 and £1000 respectively, front loaded onto the loans when the annual statements arrived 12 months later and I was astonished to see I had actually borrowed more than I expected.

The manager knew me and the branch also handled my business banking.

They knew I was effectively self employed.

The manager completed the form.

Ultimately I had some finiancial difficulties and the two loans were sold to third parties a few years later - I resolved the debts with them a few years ago now. PPI was not discussed with them at the time.

Questions:

- Can I ask Lloyds to refund the insurance premiums and any interest as they mis-sold it?

- If so, I lost the paper work in a flood at my office in 2006 - how do I go about getting them to acknowledge the loan and insurance was taken out?

Any assistance gratefully received.

Thanks, Matt.

Yes, you can make a claim for refunding under mis selling. As these were single premium policies, have a read of the thread linked in my signature.. All your questions answered, spreadsheets and an analysis sheet that shows how your loan progressed.

You could send a subject access request to LTSB, draft letters in the CAG library linked at the top of the screen, this should give you access to the information you require in order to make a claim.

Any questions, just ask and please keep your thread updated with your progress :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Update: I just found the original statements received at the end of the first 12 months!!! I went through a load of papers which the insurers had "restored" after the flood in my office. I cant believe I found them.

It details the premiums loaded onto the front of the loan - £1002 on the loan for £5000 and £1504.85 for the other loan, which was infact for £8000.

Do I just write to Lloyds now asking for a refund and interest?

Many thanks, Matt.

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

you need to do the customer complaint form on the fos site

and an soc - spreadsheet of charges

if this is a rollover loan

then things are a bit more complex

if you've got paperwork

scan it up

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or ir you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

p'haps pm ims21 to help you

calc things

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

As dx says, I can help you with the calcs. Make sure you have a read of the link that citizenB gave you...it is the same as No1 in my signature. It will give you the principles of rollover ppi.

Post up what you've got as dx says and then we can start to get to grips with the figures.

Regards

ims

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS