unacceptable length of time to repair washing machine under extended warranty

dave cartwright
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I first rang comet about the fault on my LG washing machine at end of july 2011 ,

on which they sent an engineer out to repair the fault ,

he confirmed it was a damaged door seal that has a hole in it causing water to leak out of the machine.

However the part supplied to him was the wrong one for my machine, so he ordered another one ,

after 2 weeks we discovered after ringing comet that the service center had recieved the part ;

but it was damaged !! and another part had to be ordered. Yet more waiting ......

after numourous calls at my expense i am still no further to having my washer repaired,

i am told part is on order and it was expected at service center 09/09/2011 ,

but no call back to arrange an engineer to fit it has been made ???

when i rang this morning all they could tell me was a part was on order yes ; but nothing else.

They said they would email service center to query it and they should ring me !!.

As far as i am concerned i have waited more than a reasonable length of time for comet to repair the washing machine under the terms of the warranty.

If this is not resolved in the next 7 days , i feel it only fair to assume a repair is not possible ,

and expect a replacement machine to the same value and specification , new for old !!:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

i have forwarded much the same to comets product cover office in gloucestershire complaining about the poor service with details

of my cover with them etc. I do not expect it will do any good as i feel i am being given the run around and they are just delaying

what will probably happen; which is they will have to replace the machine to its current value. Something they obviously are trying to avoid .

:-x:-x:-x:-x

ok

warranty has nothing to do with it.

how old is your machine.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Update!! At last after complaining in wrighting and phone call to comet head office , the matter was investigated and i was offered a full

refund to the value i payed for the washer, and the machine was written off under the Warranty. Now using a brand new washing machine

as of 25/09/11 , took 2 months to resolve this !!! Case Closed .................

have you got an email contact, I have been having the most frustrating time trying to get my washer repaired, Im sure the AIG will be very happy to know what there money is being spent on( visit after visit to the same appliance) I have spent 2 hours 10 minutes on the telephone and am still without a washer.