'Communicate clearly and fairly' OFT warns consumer credit businesses.

payback68
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4602 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I reckon they were just hacked off with them being persistently evasive and ignoring the OFT&TS, hence the removal of their licence! Although it certainly bodes well for all of us to continue with the complaints to the OFT&TS......another one bites the dust, lets see who replaces them and more importantly I wonder who will be buying up their portfolios???

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

In my view the problem is one of a complete communication breakdown between both parties as a result of the threats that DCA's like to use in their letters.

If you are threatened in life then you will fight back (physically or none physically) that is a natural human response and why humans have survived for thousands of years.

DCA's in general are becoming more hysterical as a result of the economic collapse and even more desperate as a result of people now knowing their rights on the internet.

People are effectively bust these days and the DCA industry is finding out that getting money out of people is like getting blood out of a stone.

Therefore their threats start pushing the boundary of what they think they can get away with.

But they are now finding out that if they are told to get lost then that is what they must do weather they like it or not.

People are answerable to the courts in this country not the DCA's.

In short, no reason for DCA's to even exist at all and the sooner they all shut up shop once and for all the better.

I havent heard of this company, but it is good news :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It is important to lodge a complaint with the OFT, regardless of whether you think they will act or not, how otherwise can they act if no one bothers to lodge a complaint.

Totally agree! having been a member of CAG for so long and reading so many threads i think the majority of people have valid complaints against DCA's.

It baffles me as to why they don't follow through with a legitimate complaint to the OFT as it's only a simple email listing grievances and signing a consent form.

The more people complain, the more we will see anouncements like this.

Regards

PB68.

• Haha 1

Totally agree! having been a member of CAG for so long and reading so many threads i think the majority of people have valid complaints against DCA's.

It baffles me as to why they don't follow through with a legitimate complaint to the OFT as it's only a simple email listing grievances and signing a consent form.

The more people complain, the more we will see anouncements like this.

Regards

PB68.

I’ll second that. Get off yer bums and complain! Otherwise they get away with it.

ANY company - big or small who breaks OFT guidelines - it is not difficult, they all do it!

OFT http://www.oft.gov.uk/contactus

OFT Guidance link

This helps when drafting a letter to OFT

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?416-The-OFT-Debt-collection-guidance

The guideline are due to be re-published and be even tougher, apparently, particularly about disputing debts.

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

I havent heard of this company, but it is good news :)

Having read the tribunal report (and pretty damning at that) it transpires that Mr Greens consumer credit work amounted to about 2% of his overall business which makes me think that he was a commercial debt recovery company. Isn't it amazing how just 2% can bite yer bum!:lol:

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE