• Tweets

• I'm really not sure what all the above refers to and why you are bothering with it.   This is an overdraft current account ?   You entered into it in Scotland ?    Claim was issued 14/09/18   The last payment date by YOU was 18th Nov 12   Section 78 is not applicable to overdrafts.   Andy  
    • Hi Andyorch.  Todays good news is - the matter is now dead 😀   Many, many thanks for your help and advice.
    • Hi Guys,   My friends wife ignored letters from Horizon Parking and their solicitors and now has a CCJ registered on her credit file.   Stupidiy, she also ignore the claims form which come from Northampton Bulk centre as it looked photocopied and she thought it was fake. At the same time her work colleague did the same.   Her work colleague went to stand as guarantor for her daughters loan and got refused, she has now found out that a CCJ has been registered two months ago, so my friends wife checked her credit file and has the same, from two months ago.   Both received claims forms and didn't fill them in. Neither of them have received notification of judgement however. I am right in saying still that they should of done and would of been given the opportunity to pay the claim within. month at that point and not have a CCJ permanently on their file. If this is the case, what is the way forward? Set a-side ?
    • EXHIBIT K   24th March 2019   Lowell Portfolio I Ltd 9 Savannah Way Leeds LS10 1AB   Dear Sirs   Your Ref: 1...….     MFS Portfolio Limited v Phelan West (2019) I write to draw your attention to recent successful appeal case regarding a personal current account with overdraft facility; the decision was made before HHJ Walden-Smith sitting at Cambridge County Court. In this instant case the Appeal court found the personal Current Account Overdraft agreement to be unenforceable pursuant to the Consumer Credit Act because of lack of evidence of compliance with the requirements of the OFT determination. It was also accepted that Creditors must comply with S 78 Consumer Credit Act 1974 requests relating to personal Current Account Overdrafts, not just credit cards and loans. In this case the Appeal court did find that MFS Portfolio Ltd had complied with the S 78 Consumer Credit Act request. If they hadn’t complied with the statutory request then the personal Current Account Overdraft would have been unenforceable pursuant to s.78 (6) (a) Consumer Credit Act.    In view of foregoing, I note that your company have failed to comply with S78 CCA 1974 therefore your claim is unenforceable. So it is in your own interest (and to save cost) that I demand yourselves to discontinue this matter with immediate effect, otherwise I would be seeking compensation awarded against your company through the court for my time and legal cost to myself for consulting solicitors for advise in defending this claim which I consider not valid since you couldn’t also substantiate it when ask to prove it.   Yours sincerely
    • Hi Micky,   The letter you sent was your Prelim Letter and you should send an LBA before issuing proceedings.   1. Who replied to your letter that was taken in to the Chingford store - eg was it the store manager.   I suggest you send your LBA to the store Head Office enclosing a copy of the original letter and give them a final 14 days to reply and refund.
  • Our picks

Mr lex

Important !! Common Agricultural Policy review post 2013

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2844 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

CAP review post 2013.

Is it a radical shake up or just more of the same??

Well, it looks like more of the same, but with some difficult changes for UK farmers.

Read the review here from Smiths-Gore.

http://www.smithsgore.co.uk/assets/x/2695023

with thanks to SG Landscope

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

More details have emerged now that the proposals have entered the internal consultation stage. The main points to note are that the area managed for wildlife has been increased from 5% to 7%, and that the UK could benefit from a redistribution of rural development funds. We have produced a summary of the proposals which can be accessed on the link below. Four significant European environmental groups have said that the proposals to green the CAP will not support the most important areas for wildlife or lead to more sustainable agriculture.

http://www.smithsgore.co.uk/assets/x/2695023

More news as it happens...........

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2844 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you