style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4428 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they attended for both on the same day then only one set of fees are applicable, their correspondence stating they can charge twice could be grounds for a Formal Complaint, as the council obviously only speak bailiff, and are WHOLLY LIABLE for any action or misdeed by their agents the bailiffs.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

so how would you recomend i proceed now......

rossendales are expecting a patment of over £800 tomorrow and there is no way i can make it,:-(

I know this sounds flippant but the easy answer is go out for the day. You cannot pay what you have not got, as the old saying goes - you can't get blood out of a stone. Your Council are obviously very inflexible and it sounds as if they are agreeing with everything the Bailiff does and says. I note you commented very quickly on what you got from the Bailiffs but is it possible you can expand on that, in particular we need to know the amount of each LO, Better still if you could copy the letter you got.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It should say something similar to:

Liability Order 1

Debt £xxx

Date - 1st Visit - £XXX fee charged

Date - 2nd Visit - £XXX fee charged

Date - Levy Fee - £XXX fee charged

etc etc & if there is more than 1 it should be listed in a similar manner

What I'm trying to establish is:

a - how many LO's you have

b - the amount on each

c - the dates they have charged fees for & what for

Then we can see what arguing points & challenges that can be made. I already think they have a levy they cannot pursue. It does take time and there is no overnight solution.

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi.

I have just checked my papers, i have 3 accounts.

in the amount of 1198.51, 1134.67 & 411.75

I have 3 notice of distress issued on 28th july, the bigger accounts have fees of £57 & £12, the smaller one has £38 and £12 fees.

Each notice has the same goods listed.

Are the amounts listed the same as what the Council say? How many visits has the Bailiff made?

As he has 3 Liability Orders that he is collecting on he must treat them as if it were one. If he has listed the same goods 3 times then those fees can be disregarded on 2 of them although the levy fee for the remaining one should be a lot higher. I would also argue that the levy they have is worthless as you owe so much the goods listed will hardly cover any fees never mind anything else. This should have been returned as Null Bono - no goods of value. You are going to have to do a lot of letter writing as this will not solve itself overnight.

You also need to start making payments. Are you up to date with this years CT or is this one the accounts they have listed?

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i have made a payment direct to the council and will be doing so on a weekly basis.

this years council is included in the accounts listed.

could you give me some advice on the letters i need to write.

thanks

ans q's in post 34 first

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 1 month later...

PLEASE HELP ME

i have written to rossendales as prev advised, however after 2 and half weeks they have advised thet they cannot enter into arrangements as it been passed to bailiffs.

is there noting more i can do other than let them take goods?????

this is really stressing me out and putting great strain on family life.

thank you in advance to anyone who canhelp

PLEASE HELP ME

i have written to rossendales as prev advised, however after 2 and half weeks they have advised thet they cannot enter into arrangements as it been passed to bailiffs. Do you mean the Council? It is your right to have the information from Post 15 as without this you/we cannot check what the situation really is. Rather than a letter or email this should be done over the phone.

is there noting more i can do other than let them take goods????? There is lots you can still do but we are struggling with the information from you.

this is really stressing me out and putting great strain on family life.

thank you in advance to anyone who canhelp

Is there any way you can scan and post the information you have as regards to the Notices of Seizure, a copy of the letter/email about the breakdown of the fees - you must remember to blank out all personal info.

Have you contacted your local Councillor(s)?

PT

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

pay the council whatever you can

cut out the bailiffs ESP as its rossers.

DO NOT PAY THEM

DO NOT LET THEM IN.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi,

i dont have a scanner, but i dont have a letter as such with breakdown of fees, the bailiff just wrote the fees on the bottom of the notices of seizure!!!!????

i have not contacted a councillor, would this help.

when i spoke to the council they just told me to speak to bailiffs.

ct

what i dont understand is if this was being deducted from my wages, but couldnt csrry on being when i went onto maternity pay how the hell do they expect you to find £500 every 28 days?????????

Some times the local councillor can help be a voice for you.

You really need to get a break down of the charges.

Email the bailiff company and request a break down, have you called the manager of the benefits and revenues department. If not ask to speak with them. Dont get fobbed off that you have to deal with the bailiff.

Also go back to Posts 15 & 16 as these have the information you need to ask both Council and Bailiffs. If speaking to the Council ask to speak to the Recoveries Dept - it is not enough for them to fob you off with "speak to or deal with the Baiiliff". The jotted down fees on a piece of paper is also insufficient you must ask the Company for the breakdown of fees.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

you can always use a mobile phone or digital camera !!!

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

dx

and they

• 3 months later...

further to the above post i have had a visit from bailiffs (didnt speak to them) they left a letter stating they wanted the amount plus £250 charges for coming out with van to remove goods.

I spoke directly to council who said they were advised the charges were only debt plus £130. i have a text from the bailiff to advise he wanted £250 charges and a letter and spoke to rossendales office who confirmed the charge was only £130, is there any way i can waiver these charges as they are incorrect on paperwork. please advise, i have made payment to rossendales but wanted to know if i had any grounds to reclaim the money.