• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Egg successes.

blueskies
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is becoming eggstremely poor, my mind is becoming scrambled and fried now...

Blimey, its like I'm treading on egg shells :)

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

hate to 'break' the party but I'm getting nowhere with egg. v similar situation to you TDS (loan followed by top-up loan creating a part restricted and unrestricted use). Egg just aren't replying or engaging with me at all.

Mozzone

Taking on the bloodsuckers

hate to 'break' the party but I'm getting nowhere with egg. v similar situation to you TDS (loan followed by top-up loan creating a part restricted and unrestricted use). Egg just aren't replying or engaging with me at all.

Have you thought about getting the FOS involved ?

If you have already complained to EGG and 8 weeks have passed, you can go to the FOS now. If no complaint made yet officially in writing, it may be worth doing this.

What usually happens it that the FOS will send a copy of your complaint to EGG in this case, asking for their side of the story. EGG will want to avoid the FOS complaint being properly registered, as they will then have to pay the FOS a £500 case fee. It would cost you nothing.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Have you thought about getting the FOS involved ?

If you have already complained to EGG and 8 weeks have passed, you can go to the FOS now. If no complaint made yet officially in writing, it may be worth doing this.

What usually happens it that the FOS will send a copy of your complaint to EGG in this case, asking for their side of the story. EGG will want to avoid the FOS complaint being properly registered, as they will then have to pay the FOS a £500 case fee. It would cost you nothing.

I didn't know about the case fee ;)

Well, it hasn't been 2 months since I complained but it has been 2 months since I disputed the account (as distinct from my complaint about Egg's lack of communication)

I have written to the Foz. On another thread I have started, I am tackling HSBC on behalf of my GF. Now, in that matter I wrote to the Foz and they wrote to the bank giving them 8 weeks to reply to the complaint or from the date of their final response, whichever is sooner. The Foz then sent me a complaint form

In this case I have written to the Foz and await their complaint form.

I have moaned to the ICO as well.

Following this thread as v similar to my situation. would be interested to know the amounts involved.

Mozzone

Taking on the bloodsuckers

Hello. I now have my SAR back from Egg.

It transpirwes that I had BOTH an old Egg Loan and an Egg Credit card settled by the Top-Up Loan.

BOTH the old loan and cardit card and PPI. The credit card agreement is one of those "Approved Limit" versions.

The old loan agremeent has APR applied to the PPI.

The balances for both were settled by the Egg Top up, so 100% restricted use, not multiple. BUT the PPI balance of the old loan was included in the settlement figure paidd by the Top Up. Surely this is dodgy?

Advice and comments posted by The Debt Star reflect only my personal opinion and it is up to you alone to decide what action you should take. You should always seek independent legal advice from your own qualified legal advisor.

Yes this does sound dodgy if you were not given a proper explanation at the time and it was not your choice at the time.

I think you should submit the complaint to the FOS and inform EGG that is what you have done. It will be up to FOS, to look into matters of compliance. You don't need expert advice to inform your complaint, as the FOS will look into this on receiving your details. Just keep it simple.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Yes this does sound dodgy if you were not given a proper explanation at the time and it was not your choice at the time.

I think you should submit the complaint to the FOS and inform EGG that is what you have done. It will be up to FOS, to look into matters of compliance. You don't need expert advice to inform your complaint, as the FOS will look into this on receiving your details. Just keep it simple.

I have taken a longer look at the credit card CCA and loan CCA paid off by the Top Up Loan.

The CC is an approved limit version with no credit limit stated. They also sold me monthly premium PPI, which accrued and was added to the balance transferred to the Top Up.

The Loan was made up of a single premium PPI worth over 20% of the loan, to which they added APR of 7.9%. The balance of the PPI was added to the Top Up loan. This seems outrageous to me.

Now, Egg also defaulted me for £9K years back or the Top Up. It seems to me that this default should be removed because the default sum is inaccurate?

The thing to do then, is make a complaint to Egg. Ask them for a full explanation of what they have done and tell them you will asking the FOS to look into the matter.

While you are in dispute with Egg via the FOS, they have to stop collection activity. The FOS are on many occasions taking over 2 years to look into complaints.:lol::lol:

So YES you should definately continue with this.

Edited by unclebulgaria67

The thing to do then, is make a complaint to Egg. Ask them for a full explanation of what they have done and tell them you will asking the FOS to look into the matter.

While you are in dispute with Egg via the FOS, they have to stop collection activity. The FOS are on many occasions taking over 2 years to look into complaints.:lol::lol:

So YES you should definately continue with this.

Thanks Uncle.

Here is an email received from Experian today and my response...

Dear

Further to our recent correspondence, I have been contacted by Egg Banking PLC regarding the defaulted account started . They have confirmed that the details we hold are accurate and have requested that we retain the information on our database. Unfortunately I am unable to amend this information without the authorisation of the company in question.

The following Notice of Dispute will remain on this entry for 28 days. It will then be removed, unless I receive further notification from you:

"THE CONSUMER HAS DISPUTED THE ACCURACY OF THIS ENTRY AND WE HAVE THEREFORE ASKED THE PROVIDER TO INVESTIGATE IT. GIVEN THAT THIS DATA IS DISPUTED, PLEASE TAKE CARE IF MAKING AN ASSESSMENT OF ANY KIND THAT MAY INCLUDE THIS DATA."

If you have any further queries or wish to discuss this further, may I suggest you contact the company concerned direct at the following address:

Egg Banking PLC

Pride Park

Riverside Road

Derby

DE99 3GG

Tel: 0845 1233233

Please be assured that should they send us any further instructions regarding this matter, we will act upon them accordingly.

If you have a question about your creditworthiness, your CreditExpert membership includes a free ?Frequently Asked Questions? feature.

If you would like to look at this, you will need to log in at www.creditexpert.co.uk and go to the FAQ?s tab at the top of the page.

Kind regards

Miss

Senior Client Queries Administrator

Client Queries

and my response...

Dear Sirs

The adverse data should be removed by Egg, who may be reported to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) in due course if the Default of is not removed or adjusted.

The reasons is as follows:

The credit sum that Egg claims defaulted (£ ) is made up in part of unlawful charges relating to mis-sold and mis-transferred payment protection insurance from no less than TWO older Egg credit accounts. Consequently that default sum is not accurate. As such it is in breach of contract and further, you should not record inaccurate information on your database.

The default sum is therefore disputed.

I have written to Egg directly concerning this matter and please note that my account with them is currently in DISPUTE. You should treat this email as the appropriate response to your invitation for me to respond within 28 days.

Therefore, the Notice of Dispute should remain on my credit file until this matter has been resolved with Egg. Ultimately it may have to go to the ICO and the FOS. Hopefully you will hear from Egg before then concerning its removal or amendment.

Please let me know what you propose to do.

Sounds ok to me. Slight typo. The reasons are as follows.

See what Experian say. I can't see why they can't keep a notice on longer, that you are disputing the accuracy of the information.

Cheers Uncle B. We'll find out if they can sustain the dispute notice soon enough!

Got my answer from Experian. They said:

Thank you for your email, which we received on August 2010.

YOUR QUERY:

- Egg Banking PLC (Account started )

SUMMARY:

The account information we hold actually belongs to lenders. Only they can amend it or tell us to amend it for them.

Experian cannot amend or delete data which belongs to another organisation unless we have their consent to do so.

WHAT I AM DOING FOR YOU:

As you have requested, I have arranged for the following Notice of Dispute to remain on your credit report until further notice.

"THE CONSUMER HAS DISPUTED THE ACCURACY OF THIS ENTRY AND WE HAVE THEREFORE ASKED THE PROVIDER TO INVESTIGATE IT. GIVEN THAT THIS DATA IS DISPUTED, PLEASE TAKE CARE IF MAKING AN ASSESSMENT OF ANY KIND THAT MAY INCLUDE THIS DATA."

WHAT I RECOMMEND YOU DO NEXT:

Keep viewing your credit report to see any changes.

If you have lived at any other addresses, you can add these to your report profile online. You will then be able to view all of the information that we hold in your name at the addresses provided.

I have noticed that you hold an active account at your previous address. I recommend that you move this account to your present address, as lenders like to see all active accounts at your present address.

FURTHER INFORMATION:

If you have a question about the information on your report, you may wish to look at the Frequently Asked Questions section of our website.

Kind regards

Consumer Services Officer

Customer Support Centre

Experian Interactive

Before I forget, FOS have a separate form for PPI claims and it has to be sent to the creditor. So the Eggsters will get the main Fos complaint about the mis-sold Top Up Loan, inaccurate defaule tec PLUS 2 separate PPI claim forms :)

• 6 months later...

Its been a long time coming but I wish to report....

VICTORY OVER EGG

The FOS have now adjudicated and Egg have agreed to all of the following:-

1. PPI to be repaid plus contractual and statutory interest for the credit card monthly premium PPI

2. PPI rebate plus contractual and statutory interest for the consolidated loan single premium PPI

3. A full rebate based on a calculatution of the carry-over of PPI into the consolidation loan (for the duration of the loan from inception to date), plus interest on this sum

4. £100 compensation for distress and inconvenience

5. A rebate of the overpayments I have made on the consolidation loan principle plus interest because of the PPI loaded onto it, ref both the credit card PPI and the consoliodated loan PPI

6. Review of the default when the calculations are to hand

Barclays. LMAO. Just when i thought that dispute resolution at Egg couldn't possibly get any worse!!

one things fa sure, IF (if) Barcrap do start chasing up on those accounts (via CDCS or whoever), you'll get absolutely bloomin nowhere complaing direct to the bank. They will slither and squirm and weedle their way out of sending CCAs and SARs for those Egg card accounts.

keep an eye on your credit files.

I have now sent 3 complaints to the FOS about 3 separate banks and the FOS have adjudicated, by and large, in my favour on each ocacsion, including the removal of adverse data at the CRAs.

I have yet to learn the quantum (actual sum due back to me) for the charges, interest and PPI premiums and will report back when I do. However, Egg now have 4 weeks to comply (and I'm counting... :) :) :) :) )

Moved to success.

Have a happy and prosperous 2013 by avoiiding Payday loans. If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Advice offered by Martin3030 is not supported by any legal training or qualification.Members are advised to use the services of fully insured legal professionals when needed.

• 4 months later...

Can you help with this please? Got an Egg card several years ago and have been paying £150 per month for at least the last two years by direct debit so finally rang Egg last week to ask what was still outstanding as this account was online and I had not used it for so long had forgotten the original account number, and was informed the figure was around £1500. I have not had a new card sent for at least two years despite the continual monthly payments and was informed that I was considered not a good enough risk to have a new card sent. I then asked for a settlement figure for the outstanding debt and also asked if the interest could be frozen and a better payment system set up and was informed that neither were possible, I would just have to keep paying the monthly £150. Is this in fact correct? Also is there any way in which I can get a settlement figure, I worked out that I have already paid thousands in interest over the past few years and was horrified to discover that the figure was as large as 1500 - the original limit on the card was no more than 3500!

Can you help with this please? Got an Egg card several years ago and have been paying £150 per month for at least the last two years by direct debit so finally rang Egg last week to ask what was still outstanding as this account was online and I had not used it for so long had forgotten the original account number, and was informed the figure was around £1500. I have not had a new card sent for at least two years despite the continual monthly payments and was informed that I was considered not a good enough risk to have a new card sent. I then asked for a settlement figure for the outstanding debt and also asked if the interest could be frozen and a better payment system set up and was informed that neither were possible, I would just have to keep paying the monthly £150. Is this in fact correct? Also is there any way in which I can get a settlement figure, I worked out that I have already paid thousands in interest over the past few years and was horrified to discover that the figure was as large as 1500 - the original limit on the card was no more than 3500!

Please can you clarify the account status? Did you ever miss any payments or make any underpayments,or are you another person that Egg has unilaterally terminated? If the account limit is 3500 and you make minimum repayments of 3%, then this would be 105 monthly.