whatever happens insurance with Currys

chrisfielding
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4490 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone, i am looking for some advice. I took out TV insurance with currys called whateverhappens insurance in april 10 when i bought a 50 inch LG plasma tv.

I decided to cancel the direct debit last month as i thought as i have paid it for 2 years i have paid out alot of money at £6.99 per month. And guess what? My TV decides to pack up on me 2 weeks after cancelling the direct debit. I have rang the insurance company and because i am within 28 days i can reinstate the policy. I havent yet mentioned the TV is broken. Will I still be covered as an ongoing policy as my policy has been reinstated now? My thinking is to leave it a month and then call them to advise the TV needs repairing.

Any advice would be appreiciated

thanks

you dont need it at all waste of money re the recent watchdog progg

your issue is with the store where you brought it under soga:

http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advice/treating-customers-fairly/sogahome/

dont take any rubbish from them

its THEIR problem

you might need to get an ind eng report which will be refunded

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

The warranty and 12 month guarantee that most products come with is just an added extra, the warranty you pay for which is why they sell them because people think that they need them when in actual fact you don't.

Your statutory rights and the Sale of goods Act is all you need, warranties etc are just another way of fleecing you out of more money.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

what even if i have had the tv since april 2009? surely they wont repair it after this long? wont they class it as wear and tear?

thanks

Have a read up of your rights, SOGA is very specific, a two year old TV that has now failed? Are you seriously suggesting you would replace your TV every two years?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

exactly no i wouldnt replace my tv after 2 years, I would expect it to last at least 5 years, thanks for the link i didnt know about these rights, you have been really really helpful, appreciate it. And yes am gonna make a claim on the insurance as i've been paying it for last 2 years, dont think theyve got a leg to stand on really now cos they have reinstated the policy.

Thanks again

Once you have made your claim, then you can cancel the policy and use SOGA or your stat rights in future, have you checked on the net if your particular model has problems? There might be hundreds of others whose TV's have given up the ghost after such a short space of time..

6 years is the minimum expected of certain products, agreed, if the TV goes on the blink after that time I would expect to have a much harder time trying to prove it was bad manufacturing, but your right I would expect my TV to last for at least 5 years!

Glad to have been of some help....let us know if you get anymore dramas..Currys are my favourite shop to go toe to toe with!

what even if i have had the tv since april 2009? surely they wont repair it after this long? wont they class it as wear and tear?

thanks

under 'soga' a product must last for a 'resonable time'

for a TV it typically should last +3-4yrs, not 2!!

go get 'em!

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi, I work for currys, and can tell you, the best thing is to wait a few weeks and then head into any store or over the phone and let them know. they will send someone out to look and have it fixed,.

Just so that you know, your consumer rights for products outside of the warranty is available, you do have six years, but that procedure isn't through a guarantee method (which is, you take the item to the retailer and they exchange, repair, or refund), it is a claim, which means you have to write to the retailer and go through a different procedure to have the manufacturer/retailer inspect the product and then have it repaired. It is a longer process , this process does work, and is within your rights.

yes its called soga!

how many more times.

12mts Warranty, Manu Warranty, Whateverhappens warranty, guarantee etc etc are IN ADDITION to SOGA

and are basically worthless. and meaningless.

they will always try and 'baffle you'

it's their job too.

simple ans is SOGA.

if its more than 6 mts since purchase, you will need an independent report

and i would not let the retailer do that either.

esp curry's/pcworld/comet etc etc.

dx

and they

• 3 months later...

you need to startyour own thread

see my sig

dx

and they

start your own thread please

do not hijack other peoples

see my sig below

dx

and they