Successful Claims

blueskies
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have had so much encouragement from reading all of these success stories!! :) I have just started a claim through court, on the 8th, am really hopeful, but also a bit worried as it seems the banks are starting to fight back! we'll see. am claiming £1184.00 plus interest and court costs!!

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

Ive just sent my prelim letter off and am waiting to hear back from the HSBC.

Your post have really inspired me to take this all the way so will keep you all informed!

Cheers,

Hi everyone,

This is my first time posting to this website and I am in desperate need for help! I started my claim with HSBC ON 29th January 2007, but to no avail despite me sending several letters to DG Solictiors to urge them to settle. It has now gone to Manchester Small Claims Court and a date for the hearing has been set for 3rd August 2007. I have received a letter from the Court saying that bundles must be exchanged by Friday 15th June!

Can anyone help me in terms of what I need to include in this bundle? I'm really lost as to what I need to do next so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :?

Hi,

Claimed 931.00 settled two weeks ago for 791.00 money in my bank after seven days. Easy now having ago with Lloyds/tsb bank and credit card

It only took two letters (prelim and LBA) before they made the offer

Thanks to all

seve

Got a letter from DG yesterday morning - HSBC have decided to settle in full (including interest). £932. (I was due in court on the 22nd)

My advice - keep in touch with the solicitors and they should settle - In fact I spoke to the Court Clerk at the London Mercantile Court and he advised the same!

Good luck to eveyone out there - I will be donating to CAG asap - Thanks for all your help! :) :) :)

Got the DG letter today, they have offered 2600 (I asked for 2900) and said that there were a few discrepancies in my calculations. Anyway, I have decided to accept as I knew there were a few oversights after I filed the claim....so they are probably about right.:rolleyes:

Was due in court on the 25th June.

Thanks to everyone who has been so supportive, this is really a fantastic site.

HI, got my full offer today,

Originally I was claiming around £3400 but some estimated charges I applied for ccards D&G very kindly pointed out the correct charges!

a few refunds already given they very kindly pointed out!, so it all appears correct, a new spreed sheet they kindly done! all court costs and 8% interest a nice £2572.57p not to be moaned at putting towards a nice little mini copper! and of course a donation here!!;)

Full offer plus another £100 (not asking what this is for???) received this morning. Perserverance is the key, and DG now seem to be settling only when they know that claimants are serious about going to court; the submission of a court bundle in my instance.

Good luck to all those whose claims remain outstanding. I intend to remain a regular on the board, and to pass on the fruits of my knowledge for what they are worth!!

Got a letter from Northampton court this morning, an Acknowledgment of service, DG solicitors have put a cross in the box "I intend to defend all of this claim" does anyone know if this is normal procedure or not???

Thanks

I have just successfully won my case against HSBC. Claimed back £3,200 of bank charges plus all of my court fees.

Just for peoples info. I didnt have an Allocation Questionnaire. My local court asked me to produce my "court bundle" to both DG Solicitors (HSBC's Solicitors) and to the court (there was no court date set). They both recieved these on Monday the 14th of May. 3 days later I had a letter saying that they are going to pay up - this was before the court had even issued a hearing date. Turns out that they were just waiting to see whether i could be bothered sending the court bundle or not. As soon as they got it they sent the letter.

Thought this might be of interest to people who have read the latest case in the press where the bank won. I won today, so it really must have been a one off that that guy lost.

Good luck everyone. And thanks to this site for all your help, couldnt have done it without you !!!!! :)

Hi

Well done on claiming all your unfair bank charges, Lucky you. I am in a similar situation yo you. I have recied a letter from Nothhampton Count Court saying the case has been refered to Wakefield Court (my local court). The date has been set for 21 August 2007. I have been asked to deliver to each party and court office copies of all documents 14 days before the court date.

My question is what do i need to include in my court bundle? Just the letters i wrote to them or something extra?

I also found some extra charges which i was subject to after i had made a claim on line. Should i add these as well or not??

Hi I started my battle with HSBC in July of Last Year.

I will admit that it took me 8 months to get round to going through my statements.

When i finally submitted my letter i was claiming £3,800 in charges including interest.

They did take a long time to reply so i sent them an additional letter informing them that they had breached the day 5 regulations in accordance with the FSA significant complaint acknowledgement and also mentioned that inline with the new FSA treating clients fairly regime that if they credit other clients with the charges back they must do it for everyone.

They came back with an offer of £2,800 which i accepted as I recieved the letter the same day as the client who lost when he went to court.

Im happy, if anyone wants a copy of the chaser letter i can provide.

Regards

Nathan

Thank you Consumer Action Group

quick question guy's. DG solicitors sent me a offer letter i signed and posted it back to them on friday. how long before i get the money? will it be credited to my account or will they send a check?

Hi,

HSBC settled my claim in full last friday for £1034 after sending the letter before action. My first letter was sent in March so three months of waiting all in all but totally worth it.

Just to say a big thank you to all that helped on this site and all the people behind the scences that set up a invaluble rescource library. My sister, cousin, dad and best friend are all midway through the process and now they all have light at the end of the tunnell.

Thanks again!

Chris

ps - watch out for paypal donation ;)

Hi Dan

I have sent off my acceptance letter to Dg, last thursday, yesterday they wrote to me asking why i hadn't replied! So I tried ringing them yesterday which constantly goes to voicemail-so i have sent another acceptance yesterday! I too wouild like to know how they pay you- do you get a cheque or do they credit your account-someone must know out there-how long does it take from acceptance????

Good luck everyone-they do agree to pay eventually!

Hi

Can u pls send me a copy of the chaser letter please.

Thanks

Hi I started my battle with HSBC in July of Last Year.

I will admit that it took me 8 months to get round to going through my statements.

When i finally submitted my letter i was claiming £3,800 in charges including interest.

They did take a long time to reply so i sent them an additional letter informing them that they had breached the day 5 regulations in accordance with the FSA significant complaint acknowledgement and also mentioned that inline with the new FSA treating clients fairly regime that if they credit other clients with the charges back they must do it for everyone.

They came back with an offer of £2,800 which i accepted as I recieved the letter the same day as the client who lost when he went to court.

Im happy, if anyone wants a copy of the chaser letter i can provide.

Regards

Nathan

Thank you Consumer Action Group

i didnt post my acceptence letter letter recored delivery so i tried to ring dg to see if they recieved it but all i get is voicemail. does anyone have any tel numbers for them? should i post it again recored delivery?

Hi Dan-DG never answer the phone i had a letter asking for my response(see my previous post) so tried phoning them but got voicemail-they must have loads of post to deal with-so has to be a waiting game-however i sent another acceptance letter yesterday as my hearing was due tomorrow-i will update when i hear more!

cheers tony,

just sent another copy recorded delivery today. my court date is next thursday but dg are supposed to cancel it when they get the acceptence letter. does anyone know how i check to see if dg have cancelled it?

Hi There,

I have a court date of the 15th August 2007, and have been nudging DG for weeks now, but not heard a Dickie Bird, I also complained to the Financial Ombudsman who advised me that they would look into it, that letter was dated 29th May, I received a letter from the FOS not DG today with any offer of £2076. I am Happy to accept as it seems to have been a long hard slog. If the FOS hadn't got involved I think I would be waiting till nearer the court date.

Good Luck to all still claiming, you will all get there in the end just need to wait for them to put the funds into my account.

Thanks to everyone at CAG couldn't have done it without you, Donation on it's way when in receipt of the funds.:D