Successful Claims

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SUCCESS!!!!

The HBOS has refunded £2456.50 to my account.Although they say that their charges were fair (yeh right) they have paid up.

Now i know how easy it is to claim it's time to go after them on the wife's behalf.

GREAT FORUM

GREAT HELP

KEEP UP THE PRESSURE FOLKS.

:D hi all just a quicky to say that halicrap paid both me and my wifes claims,at last.

got on the phone to them as our judgement had nearly runout against them and found them quite ok to talk too,and realised we,d actually over claimed by a year and a bit(we done jan 2000 instead of 2001!),so after some haggling got 2,365 and 2,845 paid into our accounts which we,re overjoyed with.will be donating asap to this site as some great advice can be found here. respects

They paid the full amount direct into my account. They had 6 days left to file a defence to my claim, so i was sweating a bit.

Good luck everyone and keep at it, dont give in no mater what they try.

Many thanks CAG for your help and advice.

congratulations

Hi my claim with the Halifax, they paid the full amount into my account on 19th june 2007 £5635.05.

N1 filed 23rd May 2007

Deemed served 25th may 2007

Acknowledged 1st June 2007

Keep on fighting and you will get it.

Heres some helpful numbers 01422 391096 or email

[email protected]

Today 20th June I discovered that 2700.00 had been taken out of my bank, I rang Halifax and was told it was interest on a loan, I told them that I didn’t have any loans so she put me on hold and came back after 5 mins and said there’s been an error I will get someone to call you back in 5 mins (I smoked 5 cigs in 15 mins) got no call back so I rang them and they said sorry about the error your account as been refunded with the 2700.00 what a cheek?

i need help ive read over the threads and still not 100 per cent what to do.. i filed for bank charge reversal to halifax, i got a letter back saying NO ! basically, i havent applied and interest or costs to the 532 quid outstanding, what is the best step to take?.. decline there letter ask for a review or what. thanks dodsyboro... (also should i add interest and costs)

As dolphin said 28 days from the date you file the claim. They have to acknowledge the claim within 14 days, they then have a further 14 days to file a defence. They paid me out with about 6 days to go to the deadline for filing a defence.

if you have had your letter back saying NO which is what i got back then do the following.

Got to the Financial Ombudsman and fill in a complaint form there (need to go to moneysavingexpert for advice).

I spoke to them having personally handing my complaint to them, as i only work across the road from them, on monday last week and the bank replied on friday. The FOS said that banks are just agreeing to pay the full amount and have not yet argude the fact, but they are getting over 2000 letters per week so could take up to 3 - 4 weeks to sort out. Best thing is it is free and leaves you with the courts if it begins to fail.

So file with the FOS first and add this on it.

Schedule 2 to the Regulations of terms that are deemed unfair lists some types of standard term that may be found unfair and one of these within the list reads ‘allow the business to impose unfair penalties on the consumer’.

Hi i rang halifax several times to see how the claim was going its 01422 391096 but i think the lady is away until 9th july, typical. She told me that a letter of settlement would be sent out to me, on 22nd june the money got paid into my bank the letter arrived the day after lol, whereabouts are you up to with your claim? x

I phoned the bank last week to ask where they were up to with my claim and got told it was just a case of waiting and they would deal with my claim as and when basically so filled my N1 form on Monday I have not received the letter yet saying when it is deemed severd just waiting on that then I can start my 14 day count down! just q quick question I have had other charges applied to my account since my original claim, will the Halifax just add these on or will I have to apply for these separate??

thanks dolphin I think i will wait and see how I get on with these charges before I apply for anymore don't think I could cope with 2 claims going on. Well done Money glad you got your cash

Congrats and spend wisely. ;)

HALIAFX PAID UP TODAY AFTER ACKNOWLEDGING COURT CLAIM AND MAKING AN OFFER OF A THIRD OF THE AMOUNT WHICH I REJECTED!!

TO EVERYONE ELSE

HANG IN THERE

STICK TO YOUR TIMESCALES FILE AT COURT AND STICK IT OUT

gOOD LUCK AND THANKS TO ALL ON THIS SITE

XXXXXX

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!