Successful Claims

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6124 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You can claim back all those £30 charges you mentioned going back over the last 5 years, I believe some people are even claiming further back ;) ! Have a good trawl about on this site and there are loads of case studies where members give a blow by blow account of how their claims progressed, most of the ones I read won, so I thought I'd give it a go! I couldn't believe how easy it was, I followed the instructions to the letter and used the template letters supplied and Hey Presto:o !!

My claim was tiny in comparison to a lot of others which are up in the £8 -9000 area, but they seem to be having results too.:D

You can also claim charges back from credit cards but as I have not needed to do so I do not know any details, I am sure there are lots of members who have had a result from them too check out the forums.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I may start the "Wheels in Motion" on this issue. Halifax have hit me for a number of years now and I may still have all of my old statements dating back about 7 years.

The only thing that concerns me regarding this. If these charges are illegal, how come Halifax are still applying them to my account? (I had one applied at the beginning of the month).

The FSA have ruled that the charges are not a true representation of what it actually costs the banks to send out you out a letter and administer to your account when you go overdrawn. The banks are avoiding going to court when people claim back charges and are paying back before they have to defend themselves in court ,as, if a court ruling was made against them this would set a president for all future cases.

I have sent all the standard letters and am now at the stage where i am about to take the Halifax to court. I am claiming plus 8% intresrt which amounts to almost £2000. I am just wondering would it be worth while calling the halifax before i actually pay the £120 to set the ball rolling? I have had no responce to the final letter i sent and also have had no offer of any settlement.

Cheers

Danny

:D:D Settled in full :D:D

The Wurzle -v- HalifaxRBS

Preston County Court

Claim Value £3226.39

Claim 7PR00869

Court Claim Issued 20 March

Acknowledgement of Service Filed (with intent to defend) April 2nd.

Letter received from HBOS 12th April agreeing to refund charges as it would be commercially unviable to defend because "legal fees".

Cash already in my account as was reading the letter.

Thanks for the templates and so on.

Donation on way.

Keep up the good work!!

Chris

Redvanman,

If i were you I would phone them up and quote the reference no on the top of the letter they sent you and tell them that you will settle for all of the full amount ONLY. trust me you will get the result you require there and then.

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.'

Thomas Jefferson 1802

Took £4,500 off HBOS last month for two accounts, i am still with my Scottish account (Glasgow branch). I was mucked around for a while with HBOS Trinity, Halifax office. Eventually got to Dunfermline Customer Relation Office, they phoned and agreed to pay out everything there and then.

Result!

Hello Guys,

Need some help and advise: Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts ....would be highly appreciated....

Thank you

Carphone Warehouse WON £195.00

Welcome Finance in Court. N244 accepted.

Barclaycard WON with contractual, PPI and charges for time spent and letters sent

Halifax solo, switch, Credit Classic, Halifax one Itsme Vs Halifax 2 accounts

Creation Finance Prelim received offer of £79.88.... Itsme VS Creation Finance

Vodafone overcharged Vodafon.. anything that could be done?

U know where the scales r:)))))

***SETTLED IN FULL***

Just checked my online banking, and the cash was there. I expect to get the letter tomorrow!! I think i shall try for MY costs now.....!!!

Claim number: 7BC00913

Issued: 04/04/07

Court: BLACKPOOL COUNTY COURT

Charges: £500:00

Interest: £98:54

Costs: £80:00

Total Claim: £678:54

26/02/07 - Statement Request

06/03/07 - Prelim Sent (requesting £500)

20/03/07 - LBA Sent

04/04/07 - Started Court Claim (requesting £678:54 including 8% & Costs)

05/04/07 - Received Part Offer (£348 )

06/04/07 - Rejected Offer !

10/04/07 - Papers deemed served on Halifax. Have until 24/04/07 to admit ir defend.

11/04/07 - Halifax filed acknowledgement of service , intending to defend ALL of claim.

26/04/07- SETTLED IN FULL - INCLUDING COURT COSTS & INTEREST.

Halifax have just paid my claim in full plus interest plus court fee after filing an acknowledgement of service stating their intention to defend the claim.

However, they have just charged me £39 for trying to transfer the money to another account. I will donate just as soon as I can get my hands on the flippin money.

Right, Barclays watch out am coming to get ya!!!!!!:p

sorry ! just joined .hope im following the right link.

i wrote a letter to my main branch requesting a fully comprehensive list of all the defaults for direct debits ,unauthorised overdrafts and standing orders for the last 5 years including this year ,and i posted the letter on the 2nd of march with the £10.00 cheque .

This mornig 01/05/07 i recceived a letter to confirm that the information i requested has now been ordered and will be sent direct to me .

i they going to send the statements for the last 5 years?:confused:HALIFAX BRANCH!

I WON!!!!

Halifax had until next Tuesday to defend, thought it was going to the wire.

They had, despite my refusal, placed £532 'good will' payment into my account several weeks ago. I wrote to tell them to either remove the amount or top it up because I was going all the way. The remaining money has gone into my account within the last 24hrs.

Court: Northampton County Court

Claim No: 7QZ46820

Charges: £1077

Interest: £305.48

Costs: £120

Total: £1502.48

A huge thanks to everybody on this site. Donation on way. :D

p.s. I've already got 6 other friends commencing claims. Love it!

hi all,

like to get a few views on my situation, i sent a letter to the bank requesting my money got a letter bk saying they will look into it then 1week l8r got charged again week after that again basicly this went on for a month to it got to the point where i stoped writing letters and went straight to the courts (mcol) now they have just filed acknowledgement yesterday am i likely to get my money bk or will i have to go to court?

I don't quite understand if your saying you have written several letters or not. Either way one thing to remember - No-one has ever actually faced a bank in court. Your likely to get a phone call or letter from Halifax or Halifax solicitors/representatives days before the allocated court date offering the full amount. They might offer a 'good-will gesture' to which I would decline and demand the full amount.

It does costs them more than you'd think to go to court and they really don't have any intentions on going to court. They simply bull-s*it and say they will defend in court to try and make you withdrawm but don't.

Incase my situation gets to yours I have made sure to put a contact no. at the top of each letter I send so they have every oppertunity to phone and 'negociate' You will not end up in court I gurantee it!

Successful Claim

It has taken just over a month for me to get £8,122!!!! Paid into my account yesterday, no offers!!! They just rolled over and paid YIPEE!!

Thanks for all of your help and advice - going shopping now!!!

:D

Received claim in full following issue of MCOL, although they said it was because it would cost them more to defend than claim was worth and of course payment was without admission of liability. Claim was for £765 plus £31.06 interest plus court fees of £80 giving a total paid back of £876.06.

Thanks everyone for help and encouragement.

can you help with my problem.i got the letter back to say that all charges will not be refunded as they are in theto halifax are in the agreement when i sighned up.what is the next best step to go forward

Just ignore it, standard response, keep to the CAG timetable and send the next letter (depending on what stage you're at) when applicable :D