Successful Claims

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6096 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If you have been successful in your claim with The Halifax but the thread title doesn't show **WON** or **SETTLED** can you please send a private message to one of the mods to change the title and put it in the successes sub-forum.

This will give other users an at-a-glance guide to other cases that have been won and may just give them that extra little bit of confidence needed to pursue The Halifax themselves.

If you can't PM a mod for whatever reason then just reply to this thread.

BEFORE starting your claim read through the FAQ's and if there's something you aren't sure of then ask.

If you win, donate to this site

Contents of my posts are purely my own personal opinions, some formed by personal experience and some from research. If in doubt seek qualified legal advice.

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Halifax paid in full!:D

£3082.12 including interest at 8% and court fee into my account but haven't told me anything, no letter nothing?

I called them to enquire and they said I need to write to the Payment Clearings Department to see if they can trace who paid me this money as they 'have no record' ? ? ? :confused:

I know it was them as it happens to be the exact amount I was claiming down to the last penny?

How odd, seems they have no idea what they are doing!:lol:

Zboo :p

Halifax have just rang me with a "settlement of good will", this amount is £1000 less than what I was claiming - what should I do.

I have told them to put it in writing to me (so I had some time to think about it) if anyone has any advice I would like to hear from you.

Dont Accept Till You Get Full Amount!

SBFIDO

Accredited Member of the CIEH

No more will I be bullied or harassed.

When informed that the call is recorded for training and monitoring I always say I don't want it used for training. :razz:

I always ask for the ICO registration information - they often dont have it, shame i never discuss my personal data unless I know they comply with the DPA.

Finally I always record calls and state at the start of there call. Although I don't have too.

Hi... I am just about to send off my final letter to the Halifax... does anyone know the best place to send it? may sound like a daft question i know..! i have sent previous letters to the p.o. box address... should this one go to Trinity House? Also do i need to state the bank charges plus interest in this letter...or is this to be added if they refuse to pay? Any advice gratfully recieved....it's a mine field!!!

Good to know they are paying out! I sent the letter off a week ago...don't know wether to claim, or wait another couple of days? Does anyone know if it's straight forward to claim on-line? not being used to doing stuff like this, i havn't got a clue!

This thread starts off with a message saying "If you have been successful in your claim..."

It is not meant to be a discussion area. Please read as much as you can, start your own thread, and ask there. If you're not sure then read some more.

Start here with the FAQ's - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Take in the http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-step-step-instructions.html

Also look at this: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31575-important-things-you-really.html

It's a self-help site, please help your self by following procedures and being in control of your own destiny. It's not like a supermarket where you pick a few things up, and then try to claim a refund because you didn't read the label that said Peaches when you wanted Beans...

We were all new to this at one point, and most people have taken the advice to read as much as possible - even if it takes weeks - so you KNOW what you are doing.

• Haha 1

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

I have just been settled with the Halifax, thankfully before I got as far as submitting court papers - so happy.

Sent them the rejection letter stating that I would only accept their offer as part payment giving them 14 days notice to respond. Tomorrow would have been the deadline, thought I would just ring them to give them a last chance to reconsider their offer, to my joy they offered to settle in full.

Lets just see how long it takes for them to actually deposit the money in my account.

Just got an offer of £1488 charges refund - I sent a letter asking for refund ages ago and got refused, then i read about the illegality of taking benefit money and wrote again, saying they had taken my children's tax credit and child benefit money; I didn't even quote the relevant legislation but said i would if they needed me to. Reply within 28 days offering most of the charges back - not going to hold out for the rest as need to pay mortgage arrears PDQ!!! Have been told will get money 7-10 working days.

Going to start on my credit cards next.

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

To all the Consumer Action Group...

I went through the first two steps - send the first request for my charges and interest back (which elicited the standard bog off reply) so I then sent a "letter before action". These were sent to my local branch. After my LBA they sent a letter to me saying that the matter had now been refered to Head Office.

The LBA duly expired (I had given then 7 days to reply) and telephoned the Halifax H.O. who said they were looking into the matter and to expect a response within 14 days. I wasn't intending to go through the Money Claim Online until I heard back from Head Office.

This morning they sent a letter saying they were paying back the whole £1,600 (includes the interest) that I was demanding.

They also state that if I agree to accept the sum I agree not to go over my overdraft again or they may close the account.

I started this process on the 27th of December and have been paid in full.

Wow!

I was inspired to do this by the Money Programme documentary in december and before I came across Consumer Action Group found Money Saving Expert on the web and used their letter templates.

I am shocked and relieved by this rapid response - I was dancing around earlier like a loon when I first read their letter a couple of hours ago.

I don't know why I have been paid without any real resistance - I also have a mortgage with the Halifax - which I have gone into arrears with as a direct result of the Halifax bank's actions. Is their a chance that they looked into the my mortgage situation? (Perhaps a CAG member in the same circumstances can enlighten me.)

I am a small business owner and often have cash flow difficulties - hence lack of funds at the right time. Their charges are outrageously punative and I ran up £500 in one week in December alone.

I now am going after two other sets of bank charges - I don't know what they are yet since I haven't had the list of charges that they have stung me for over a six year period back yet.

Thanks to all the forum members - good luck to everyone out there going after their money.

Just wanted to post the following as it might prove useful to anyone trying to reclaim charges from Halifax. (and potentially other banks aswell)

Spoke to one of the review managers this morning and was able to settle for the full charges amount (but not interest) over the phone.

I started my claim in august last year and used the letters from this site and the MotleyFool site to correspond with Halifax. My charges for the past 6 years came to £1250.

The final chase up letter had set a deadline for them to reply by next monday and just to see what was happening I phone them (0121234106:cool: to check on the status.

The person I spoke to said that in the past few months they had been absolutely inundated with claims and they were in the process of training up a load of new people to handle the cases! (big shock)

She reviewed my case notes and was able to see the amounts and the correspondence history of my letters. She said that they were not commiting to any timescales to respond to people on these cases or to process them due to the sheer number of claims they were now receiving. It had snowballed over th past 2 months. She was not authorised to settle on interest but was authorised to agree a settlement of the charges over the phone. I was expecting her to then try and negotiate but she said she would settle for the full amount of the charges only.

I have agreed to this, although this was not the full amount it was more than I was expecting based upon the initial two settlement amounts in previous letters they had sent so am very happy with this.

So what I would say is that its definately worth phoning them as this cuts through the delays caused when corresponding by letter and could get you to the finish sooner......

:grin: Ian

Hi

I wrote to the bank asking for a refund of £1148 in penalty charges, giving them 14 days to reply before I issued action. I waited the 14 days and did not hear anything so I subsequently issued a claim form asking for the 8% interest. They have since responded to my original letter saying they are willing to offer me £968 in full and final settlement. I am unsure whether to accept or to go for my full amount plus the interest. Does the offer letter count as a response to my claim form.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Ashley, This is a normal tactic read the threads and don't settle they will offer full settlement as a goodwill gesture lol.

Kind regards and well done!!!!!

SB:D

SBFIDO

Accredited Member of the CIEH

No more will I be bullied or harassed.

When informed that the call is recorded for training and monitoring I always say I don't want it used for training. :razz:

I always ask for the ICO registration information - they often dont have it, shame i never discuss my personal data unless I know they comply with the DPA.

Finally I always record calls and state at the start of there call. Although I don't have too.