• Tweets

• I can only speak from personal experience. But a similar thing happened to me. Seriously dented door.  I made the other insurance pay. They regarded it as a write off. Took the money, replaced the door. Never heard anything more about it.    Except clearly someone sold my details to claims company, because I got loads of calls in bad English for a few month's 
    • The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Picture Loans / Idem Servicing

Gram1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Sorry, first update since starting this thread.

Idem have been chasing me to complete their income and expenditure form .they are happy to maintain and accept my reduced monthly payment arrangement but insist the form must be completed for them to agree to this. I'm still considering whether to fill it in but i probably will just to get them to stop hassling me.

the more interesting issue with my case is that despite me having the interest permanantly frozen by Picture, i asked IDem what my current outstanding balance was and the figure they gave me seemed far too high. I checked this against a figure i received in a letter from Picture previously and queried with Idem why Idems figure was now much higher. they said it was because the frozen interest was added back into the balance when it transferred to them. they said this is normal practise when temp arrangements to freeze interest are in place.

i obviously took them to task on this issue as my interest was permanantly frozen not temporarily. Idem say that there is no evidence of this in any of the paperwork they have from Picture. Fortunately i have a letter from Picture confirming the frozen interest to be permanent. I sent this to Idem as evidence and demanded they reinstate the previous balance without the added back in interest. Idem have yet to do this as they will not conduct a full review on the account until the I&E form is received and a payment arrangement agreed. I am refusing to do this until they confirm my position regarding the balance/interest.

So things are in a bit of limbo just now. I havent paid them since December and they are chasing regularly.

Should i complete the I&E and get an monthly payment figure agreed and then persue the balance/interest issue? Or am i within my rights to withold any further payments until they sort this out? And if so, how do i make them do this?

Intersting stuff eh?

Any help / advice appreciated

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Gram My advice would be to go to CCCS and setup a Debt Management Plan (nb: CCCS is a non-profit organisation and do not charge any fees so all money you can afford, goes to pay off your debt). Then, tell Idem that you have done so, and have completed CCCS's Income and Expenditure form, and direct all future correspondence to CCCS. Not only is the peace of mind wonderful, you also get comfort from knowing that you are in charge of your debt situation. CCCS are also well accustomed to dealing with companies that try to lump interest back in and will be able to help and advise you on your best approach. Above all, don't let DCA's bully, harrass, cajole or push you into anything. They are experts at pushing all the right buttons to "encourage" people to pay, even if they can't afford it. I speak from experience. I was made redundant 18 months ago and had to reduce my payments. I was getting a lot of calls from creditors, one of whom was very, very pushy indeed. I signed up to a DMP with CCCS and, within a few weeks, the calls stopped. The only contact I get now is the standard OFT warning every six months. Hope that helps.

Hello RightG If you haven't already done so, consider a Debt Management Plan. Advice on companies providing this service available on the CCCS site (I'd add a link but apparently I need to have written ten posts before I can do that). Summary, use a non-profit firm like CCCS

Most of us would agree that continuing to pay when the debt simply keeps increasing is futile. Have the original lender issues a default notice? Interest usually stops at that point (but not always).

Bizarrely, if you received a CCJ, interest would be stopped (except in some unusual cases) so it may be a good route for you to go. Before doing so, you might play chicken with the creditor and say that you won't make any more payments unless they freeze interest. They then threaten a CCJ and you welcome that as you'll end up with a reasonable repayment and no interest added, enabling you to pay off the debt.

Please note though, I am not an expert by any means. My comments above are intended solely as something for you to ponder. You should request help from someone that does have the right skills like CCCS or the CAB or a solicitor etc.

Hope that helps.

• 10 months later...
Hello RightG If you haven't already done so, consider a Debt Management Plan. Advice on companies providing this service available on the CCCS site (I'd add a link but apparently I need to have written ten posts before I can do that). Summary, use a non-profit firm like CCCS

Most of us would agree that continuing to pay when the debt simply keeps increasing is futile. Have the original lender issues a default notice? Interest usually stops at that point (but not always).

Bizarrely, if you received a CCJ, interest would be stopped (except in some unusual cases) so it may be a good route for you to go. Before doing so, you might play chicken with the creditor and say that you won't make any more payments unless they freeze interest. They then threaten a CCJ and you welcome that as you'll end up with a reasonable repayment and no interest added, enabling you to pay off the debt.

Please note though, I am not an expert by any means. My comments above are intended solely as something for you to ponder. You should request help from someone that does have the right skills like CCCS or the CAB or a solicitor etc.

Hope that helps.

Hi...

Well what a revelation I have found here.. I only googled Idem to find their contact details and I stumbled across this! Needless to say I've been sat here for 3 hours reading these recognisable threads!

So... Here goes, I took out a Picture Loan via Norton Finance in 2006 for £30k over 15 years at £315 per month. In 2008 my husband lost his job and we spiralled out of control. To cut a long story short our mortgage is up to date... We are in £25k negative equity. I signed the for for idem to contact the 1st charge (Halifax) so they could see that there was no interest for them in the property! Got them off my back slightly.. They still chase me weekly from a "Private number" I had a year at paying them £20p/m then £50p/m for another 12 months and recently I'd been paying £80p/m until I decided to grow a pair and telephoned asking what their intentions may be. They confirmed repo as a very last resort which I expected, however they told me that although I was paying £80 per month the interest ...INTEREST being added each MONTH was £383! Higher than the original payment. I requested a freeze in interest, to which they replied had to be in writing, to which I explained they were to get no more payments from me until this was the case!

Currently this is where I am at with Idem! I re registered with CCCS and explained the whole situation.. They confirmed Idem are well within their rights to fluctuate the interest and repayments as they see, as they are the services of the debt!! After completing all the relevant info with CCCS and going thro the interviews etc I was advised that whichever way we were destined Idem can file for bankruptcy even if there is no interest for them, and or if that was not the case as soon as equity mounted in the property it would be taken from us. So we are paying the mortgage for the equity to fall into Idem's hands in the long run!

CCCS advised I could file a complaint with the Financial Ombudsman however the final decision to freeze any interest with Idem is at their discretion! Nightmare after nightmare!

So I have just decided to rent a property and let slip of my Home that has become a victim of this country's corrupt financial situation!! Gutted, annoyed, emotional, stressed and angered are putting it lightly... Is ruined my life...

But one thing is for sure Idem will not get one more penny off us!

Voluntary repossession... Bankruptcy followed by a shortfall to idem = another bankruptcy to clear the shortfall! 2 can play that game!! :(

• 1 year later...

I am in the same situation, picture loan now with IdEM about £9000 in arrears and owe more than when I took the loan out 7 years ago. I am currently paying £60 a month which runs out next month instead of £585 and this loan will never ever be paid. I am currently in the process doing an offical offer and I am not going to fill out there icome and expenditure form as only a court can make you fill one out.

IDEM just sent me a default notice. They want me to pay £20,000 of arrears by the end of this month, plus I still have £38,000 left on the original loan of £60,000 from Picture. I've been paying this loan for 10 years, with missed payments here and there and it has almost ruined my life for 10 years. To think that at the end of the loan term - which is the December - I will still owe almost the entire amount borrowed, even though I've already paid back 0ver £80,000 the last 10 years, I just want to burn the house to the ground and tell them to repossess the ashes.

IDEM just sent me a default notice. They want me to pay £20,000 of arrears by the end of this month, plus I still have £38,000 left on the original loan of £60,000 from Picture. I've been paying this loan for 10 years, with missed payments here and there and it has almost ruined my life for 10 years. To think that at the end of the loan term - which is the December - I will still owe almost the entire amount borrowed, even though I've already paid back 0ver £80,000 the last 10 years, I just want to burn the house to the ground and tell them to repossess the ashes.

Is there any mis sold PPI on this loan - if they have been adding default penalty charges, then you might be able to reclaim these as well.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

There is no PPI. They have been adding default charges and I know I can attempt to get these back, but that's just a drop in the ocean compared to the amount I still owe - which is a combination of arrears, neverending interest, and loan outstanding. This is the 5th company that has bought this loan and I'm just enraged that it seems that these people can all buy this loan for 10p in the pound and claim the entire sum from me. I would like to purchase my loan for 10p in the pound..... I borrowed £60,000, I've paid back over £80,000 at £700/month the past 10 years. Because I missed payments and accrued arrears I still owe £60,000 and now a company I never borrowed a penny from want to repossess my house?? This is not going to end well for anyone....

• 4 weeks later...

Hi to all idem Sufferers,

We have been dealing with IDEM CAPITAL SECURITIES t/a IDEM SERVICING now for several years.....we have gone through the scenario of asking for original agreements, statements , deed of assignments etc etc etc and still not got any where apart from photocopies of the unsecured agreement and a copy of the welcome letter and a copy of the Power of Attorney which we were unaware of at the time when signing the form.

As far as we know at this stage we are in the belief that the security originally gained via Picture Financial Services Plc has been securitised which means that your security has been sold for the full balance so Picture have been paid for your security three fold. once by you making payments to them , once by the investor part of the securitisation and once by the Indemnity Guarantee which these kind of companies take out to safeguard their money when a customer defaults on the their payments. and last but not least a payment from IDEM would have been paid so effectively 4 times your loan has been paid for but yet they are still requesting the money back from us.

for those that are finding it difficult to make your payments write to idem capital securities t/a idem servicing with an "official offer" the official offer is based on the amount of money that you can afford as long as it is reasonable not like £1, the payments would be based upon contract law "offer and acceptance" once payments have been sent via cheque or even going into the bank and making payments over the counter once accepted a contract is formed between both parties even once a cheque has been ripped off your official offer letter and cashed this is acceptance and based on the doctrine or substantial or substantive performance, it would be classed as that you are performing to the best of your ability to repay the obligation that you have. have a look at clips with regards to the "official offer" this will point you in the right direction on youtube.....

Once the official offer is in place start writing and asking questions , ask if the security has been securitised....send short letters they are more powerful don't go into Catherine Cooksons letters short and precise. also send letters with regards to the Power Of attorney that some of you will not have been aware of in the small print of your agreement, this allows picture and idem to do anything at all without your signature, REVOKE REVOKE REVOKE the power off attorney stop them signing documents on your behalf. send letters asking questions with regards to who the legal owner is of your security , they won't be able to tell you because they do not even know....also write to them also write with regards to the indemnity guarantee , request a copy of the indemnity guarantee and request that they tell you if a claim has been made against the indemnity....it is all a [problem] it is wrong what these companies can get away with.....we have just sent and awaiting response....

Were any of you also aware what happens with these financial institutions they have two balance sheets one on the left and one on the right, the one on the left is cleared of BAD / OK / GOOD debts and placed on to the balance sheet on the right so this means that the sheet on the left is clear which allows the financial institutions to loans more money because the main credit reference agencies have given them a fantastic credit score via Standard + Poor, Moodys and fitch so a AAAAA+++ rating is given or BBBB++ to allow more corrupt lending....not forgetting the balance sheet on the right have a watch of this....youtube called securitisation and financial crisis of 2007/2008

Did any of you notice that one of the top guys within Picture John Paul Nowacki has now miraculously become the Director of Business development with a company called SFM Europe who acted as an SPV special purpose vehicle in order for your security to become securitised also did any one notice loans with picture financial plc were transferred to picture home loans (n.o 1) and picture home loans (n.o 1) trading address changed to the same address of SFM Directors LIMITED

Name & Registered Office:

PICTURE HOME LOANS (NO.1) LIMITED

35 GREAT ST. HELEN'S

LONDON

EC3A 6AP

Company No. 06617583

Accounting Reference Date: 31/12

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/12/2013 (TOTAL EXEMPTION FULL)

Next Accounts Due: 30/09/2015

Last Return Made Up To: 11/06/2014

Next Return Due: 09/07/2015

288a 06/10/2008 DIRECTOR APPOINTED MR JOHN PAUL NOWACKI

oh and look here

SFM DIRECTORS LIMITED

35 GREAT ST HELEN'S

LONDON

EC3A 6AP

Company No. 03920254

Accounting Reference Date: 31/12

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/12/2013 (DORMANT)

Next Accounts Due: 30/09/2015

Last Return Made Up To: 21/01/2014

Next Return Due: 18/02/2015

288a 10/07/2008 DIRECTOR APPOINTED JOHN PAUL NOWACKI

now doesn't that seem a little strange to you, yes yes i know a person can be a director of many companies however it is suspect that this same man went from one to another must have known all was going pear shaped and started to panic and need to safe guard their investments by the securitisation so that the securities did not go down with the company Picture Financial services plc.....

PICTURE FINANCIAL SERVICES PLC

C/O DELOITTE & TOUCHE LLP

HILL HOUSE 1 LITTLE NEW STREET

LONDON

EC4A 3TR

Company No. 05102088

Date of Incorporation: 14/04/2004

Ok i am still learning however knowledge is key....

Don't let IDEM win battle against them , we need many and many means action.....KEEP UPDATING WITH PROGRESS REPORTS

Thanks and good luck

Hi bbs,

Keep going we need to fight fight fight.....you know the drill already keep asking and if it goes to court present all of your documentation to the judge....all in writing do NOT speak with these parasites over the phone. Evidence evidence evidence can not do anything without it we need to be 100% sure everything is in place before presenting to an official authority.....

Thanks

I am currently at the FOS stage with Idem, my thread is in this forum as well but as it started with a Picture loan going to Webb and then being transferred to Idem their name doesn't appear in the title of my thread.

You can follow it here though

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?376861-1st-and-second-mortgage-negative-equity-on-property-what-happens-next

• 1 year later...

Morning

We would like to know how you got on with these people in the end

Kind Regards

my thread is here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462718-Picture-Idem-colossal-interest

Edited by dx100uk

• 9 months later...

I have now received from Idem that they are now taking me and my wife to court to obtain an eviction from our property, this even though they are No.5 on the list.

Our mortgage is fully up to date also all other loans are fully up to date.

This has been a long standing argument which first involved Picture Loans where we had arrived at a settlement which Idem refused to honour this was in 2008.

We have had all the usual harassment,

constant phone calls etc and

it's now in the hands of the Ombudsman but even that don't denture them

so now we are off to court with my A4 file of everything

Idem have attempted even if it was legal or not it don't seem to matter to them.

It's about time someone sorted this company out!

Anybody is welcome to attend to add to my statement to show just what a company trhis is.