Successful Claims

blueskies
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6071 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I asked Barclays for my bank statements, over the phone, letter and email. was told I would receive them within 10 days which was over a month ago!! Now I have received a letter saying they will pay me £820 as a "goodwill gesture" if I dont persue the claim. What should I do ?

ps, they never sent the statements

Start your own thread!

then any replies posted will be directed towards your claim.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Can you tell me if when you first asked for your money back you added the interest? This site say do not ask for it in the first letter and to wait but the moneysavingexpert site puts it in the first letter. I am unclear. I feel like this site has slightly better resources and to follow this one.

Start a thread in the other section

I think this section should be posted by moderators/admin only when claims are complete.

Any congratulations messages could be sent via private messages.

this section is being used as a general forum with people asking questions about their case.

If you have a question, start a thread.

All of these posts should be XXXXX v Barclays ****WON****

well thats my opinion anyway

Hi there,

Finally got to court stage with barclays, was due to go to court this monday 23/4 but recieved a phone call on thursday saying that they where going to pay the full amount of £2000, including interest and court costs. Advice i'd give is to just stick it out, it can get daunting when they call your bluff by saying ok we'll take it to court, but just stick it out and good luck.

Get in there my son !!!!!!!!!!! woooooo hoooooo!!!!!!!!

Thanks Mate,

I have no intention on letting go. Il be in court if necessary. Did you prepare a court bundle incase you did have to go to court?

Hi there,

Finally got to court stage with barclays, was due to go to court this monday 23/4 but recieved a phone call on thursday saying that they where going to pay the full amount of £2000, including interest and court costs. Advice i'd give is to just stick it out, it can get daunting when they call your bluff by saying ok we'll take it to court, but just stick it out and good luck.

Get in there my son !!!!!!!!!!! woooooo hoooooo!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Got the money in my account on Friday with all my interest and costs was well worth the effort and time I put in a message to all that are still trying dont give up.

Im concerned about two points....I put my branch address on the claim form that I sent from money claim online and not the Canary Wharf address. Is this a problem? and Do I need to send additional copies of the schedule of fees to the court? I submitted the claim on 02/07/07. Barclays have been sent two copies.

Thanks for any help in advance

Success !!!!!!

Just to add details of my recent success and to give all others who are worrying or giving up hope, DON'T.

From December 2006 when my very first letter went in to Barclays, my claim over the 6 years was worth £6559.00.

Barclays replied within 7 days offering me £1000.00, I declined their offer and requested they come back with the quoted figure.

Usual process with having to issue claim in the Bham County Court.

Court date was set for Tuesday 8th May 2007 at 14.00hrs

The week leading up to the court date I had some idiot from their legal dept asking me to settle for £2048.00. I told him to go back to the Banker!

The following day the same guy phoned me and said they had reviewed my claim and would I accept £3148.00. Again I told him no way. I actually said to him that quote ' This isn't ebay, I am not here to barter for what's rightfully mine to claim and that I will see them in court on the Tuesday.

Tuesday 8th May and inside the courts. I was stopped by a very nice guy who asked if he could have a word with me. He was a barrister employed by Barclays. I showed him some not all of the evidence I had in respect of my claim. He asked if we could settle there and then without the need to actually go into the judges chambers, I agreed.

3 days later and as promised, £6559.00 was paid into my account.

Stick with it people, they do leave it right up until the day of judgement and hope that some/many will fall by the wayside for the fear of the dreaded word (to some anyway) COURT.

Good luck to all..............

Bernie

ps. This is an additions a/c

• 2 weeks later...
Didnt make it to Court. Barclays settled all three claims today, in full. So, 9 hearings were listed for Monday and all settled. I just knew doing the court bundle exchanges would be a huge waste of time.....but they had to be done.

Did you do a wasted time order!

Barclays not only paid me in full but also paid me for my time in preparation of the bundles which I submitted to both them and the courts and they confirmed to me that they had no intention of submitting their bundles. Also, HSBC reluctantly paid me for my time after the judge slapped on a £50 costs for them also not producing their bundles.

DS

Hello,

Can any please help me. I am trying to claim my charges back from Barclays Bank. I have applied for a small claims case and on the day of the notice, Barclays sent a letter for a settlement figure which was less than the amount I'm claiming.

In a letter, I politely rejected the offer but what happens now? Do i wait for another letter or do I wait for the 6th June to send a judgement?

I have recieved brilliant help so far but now I am going alone, so what will happen next?

Can anyone help me please?

Congratulations, did you also claim for wasted time order!

Thanks. Same to you. No, I haven't thought about costs yet, and I'm not sure I will at this stage. I'm kind of glad the whole thing is done and dusted - it's seemed like a pretty long road. I'll maybe think more about it after the weekend. Best wishes

Hi all - Hope someone can help with this - I have just received a court date for 11/6/07 with the following notes:

1, The issues raised in this case make this case unsuitable for allocation to the Small Claims Track.

2, If either party wishes to make representations on that proposal they must be made in writing and copied to the other side not less than three clear days before the allocation hearing.

3, In the event that neither party attends the allocation hearing, the claim shall stand struck out.

4, The allocation hearing is by telephone conference. The parties must follow the Practice Direction for CPR 23 paragraph 6. Where one party is unrepresented it is the responsibility of the represented party to arrange the conference.

Has anyone else seen something like this or had to go through the same process? Does this mean if I attend the hearing I have to arrange the telephone conference? How do I do this?

So many questions I know but I'm only a simple guy who wants his money back! PLEASE HELP!!!

tkman i would leave it a week or so then phone Barclays litigation team on the pretext of finding out who is dealing with your claim as you have a court date (dont mention what type of hearing it is) and you might find that they are willing to discus a settlement with you

Hope this helps

Saint

tkman i would leave it a week or so then phone Barclays litigation team on the pretext of finding out who is dealing with your claim as you have a court date (dont mention what type of hearing it is) and you might find that they are willing to discus a settlement with you

Hope this helps

Saint

I agree with you, I did this and they settled albiet on the Friday before the hearing on the Monday. Barclays have now agreed to settle my o/h claim and the court date is not til August, he signed the agreement 2 weeks ago but no cheque yet, I suppose it will come this week. It can do no harm in contacting them.

DS

Thanks for your support and suggestions. I intend calling the court on Tuesday and the CAB to try and clarify what the court is asking for and who is responsible for setting all this up. I may call the bank on Friday and follow you suggestion - I'll keep my fingers crossed cos I really need this to work.

Cheers

TK

Firstly TK, this thread should be in the Barclays Forum, it is not a success story.

Forget contacting CAB, you will get nowhere with them.

You can contact the court bit they will prob just tell you what you already know.

Personally???

I would contact the Litigation Team and tell them you have a court date [dont let on it is only a allocations hearing]

Start your own thread and we will follow on from there.

It seems the C.A.G. now has a reputation!- I'm at court stage with Nationwide for £2272.00(waiting for a date) but went into Barclays today asking for just £195 they owed me. Ok, it's not much but when I explained I'm FULLY aware of the process, am signed up to C.A.G. and have taken Nationwide to court they refunded all my charges instantly! Could you maybe print some C.A.G. membership T-Shirts to wear when we have a face-2-face at the bank??

Hi,

just letting you know that my claim was successfull stecol v Barclays in the Barclays forum. Can this be moved to the successful claims forum so that other users can possibly benefit from the advice i received along the way. Thanks.

- stecol

Won Won Won

Accepted £1300 for a claim I made on behalf of my son. The claim was for £1720.00, but he was very happy to accept this. Only sent two letters then I completed MCOL but did not sumbit it to the courts. I did however send a copy to the bank to indicate ny intention. Paid up 5 days later. The threat of the court seemed to speed the process up.

Keep gonig everybody, do not be put off by the replies from the banks and good luck.

Rangey87 v Barclays.

Barclays have just offered to settle the full amount of £3036.30. We were just two weeks away from court, I emailed them to point out that thay had failed to submit their court bundle - two days later I received a full offer. VICTORY VICTORY VICTORY!!! All the months of letters have finally paid off.

Rangey87 v Barclays.

Barclays have just offered to settle the full amount of £3036.30. We were just two weeks away from court, I emailed them to point out that thay had failed to submit their court bundle - two days later I received a full offer. VICTORY VICTORY VICTORY!!! All the months of letters have finally paid off.

Interesting that.

I've got a court date next month and haven't heard anything for months - since I got my court date.

I haven't heard anything from Barclays for god knows how long.

Am I supposed to have received a copy of their court bundle (I had to send a copy of mine to them)?

If so, I'll use the same pretext to contact them as Rangey87 did.