FLM loans - scam or identity fraud?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4604 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter received a letter from FLM loans today informing her that following her request to Personal Loans a loan of £3000 has been agreed.

It was addressed to our old address (5 years ago) and quotes our old landline and her mobile number.

It's saying she needs to complete details of a guarantor and she will have the £3000 (APR 62.1%!!) transferred within 24 hours.

She has not applied for any loan, when we've rung the number it's saying calls are charged at 10p a minute and the cynic in me thinks we'd probably be holding on for some time before we get fed up and put the phone down

anyone on here has any experience of this company.

Should we be worried that this is an attempt at identity fraud or a [problem] i.e. cost of phone call to say 'no thanks' could be a nice little earner.

FLM are a high cost loan company. Stay away. Its obvious your daughter hasn't applied for a loan. FLM will send flyers out saying you can have £XX with guarantor..but you have seen the interest rates for yourself. Rip it up and don't go near. Kids use FML in text speak for fu@k my life...make your own mind up on that ;-)