• Tweets

• Just an update, finance company rejected my complaint saying they've found damage but can't tell when it's from even though I've shown them how the front end is misaligned in the advert photos compared to another identical model car they're selling.  Dealership now want to charge me to get the car brought back to me but will only discuss over the phone which seems off. They're also saying no damaged was picked up by JLR main dealership before I purchased it but my local JLR dealerships till this day haven't mentioned the damage to me because they don't go into stuff like that for some reason lol  Ombudsman case is still open, not sure if I should leave the car with them or just pay to have it brought back.
    • Hi all, I get esa and pip,  I have £1200 in arrears that I owed my ex partner, I have been paying £100 per month to clear this debt that was setup by standing order, as I have complex needs I forgot about this standing order and have overpaid mainternance by around £4000, I told CSA I am happy for my ex partner to keep overpayment I do not wish to seek anything back, however they have declined to take of the sum of £1200 and are still saying I owe this to my ex partner. In my second question it was announced that pip would stop for mental health, I don't understand the link below Disability benefits system to be reviewed as PM outlines "moral mission" to reform welfare - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK The Prime Minister has outlined a package of sweeping reforms to put work at the heart of welfare and... Does this mean my money is going to stop? I have spoken to my key worker and I am already recieveing help from mental health team and complex needs team along with connections and mind, I just don't get what is going on.
    • No, i haven't had one for about 10+ years. I am thinking of just going to the court in person and pay at the counter
    • I’m pleased to report the dealer has provided a full refund. He admits the vehicle wasn’t as described. This now closes the matter  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

un1boy vs Black Horse **WON**

un1boy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6082 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, I'm doing this for my Dad - he called them and asked for a list of charges, so they sent them to him - free.

Sent the prelim, no reply. Due next week.

Will keep you posted!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Issued LBA - no reply.

So, MCOL issued!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

MCOL issued - got 7 more days to acknowledge!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

• 2 weeks later...

yup, the barstewards!!! grrr....

Just realised, they part of LTSB, so I hope they don't drag it ut like LTSB do!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

yup, the barstewards!!! grrr....

Just realised, they part of LTSB, so I hope they don't drag it out like LTSB do!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Hi Un1Boy,

I've nailed MBNA credit cards next on my long list is Black Horse finance.

I've had no reply to prelim and LBA letters........so perhaps filing a Court Claim in Scotland for for £422.00 in charges and interest on a vehicle finance agreement that is now complete will make them sit up and take notice of me. I certainly was not ignored by them when they took every opportunity to send me a letter and charge me.

What particulars of claim did you use? Was it a modified template? I'm new to this so any help would be appreciated.

The charges were late payment charges when Lloyds bounced direct debits, charged me then Black Horse charged me as well.........no wonder Lloyds make so much money, a cosy little cartel they run!

Thanks in advance

Roscodog

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Hiya,

Here's the POC I used:

Claimant has account (A/C No) with Defendant from (Date)conducted on their standard terms and conditions. Claimant is claiming the return of money taken by Defendant in charges over 6 years. The Defendant's charges are a disproportionate penalty and therefore unenforceable as they are contrary to common law. They are also invalid under the Unfair Contracts Terms Act 1977 s.4 and under the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999.Para.8 and sch.2.1.e.

In the event that the charges are not a penalty they are unreasonable within the meaning of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 s.15. Defendant has declined justification of charges despite repeated requests. Claimant claims interest under Sec.69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% a year from(Date) to (Date) of (£0.00) and also interest at same rate up to the date of judgment or earlier payment at a daily rate of (£0.00).

They didn't reply to my LBA either, they have just acknowledged my MCOL caim though!!

Good luck and keep me posted! :)

• Haha 1

My charges claims:

Default removals:

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, so they have acknowledged and entered a defence. the solicitors have written to me saying that they will offer me £100.00 because they don't understand where I got my figure from.

They are having a laugh - there's the usual bull about if i took this to court I would probably lose etc etc but the whole claim is for just over £400.00.

Now, the thing is that the statement I received only had one entry for charges, which had been compounded and added on one date. The solicitorss reckon that they happened on different days so the interest I have claimed isn't correct. I don't understand why they would say that - it will cost them more if I calcualted the interest from the dates of the charges -duurrgghh..

I'm a bit worried, but I'm going to accept this as part payment until the full amount is credited.

Another problem is that they reckon £90.00 of what I am claiming is a service charge for setting up the HP agreement - should I deduct this from the balance or tell them I want it?

I can't believe they've offered this - not even the court costs, the cheeky barstewards!

I post my reply and their full letter as soon as I can!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Hi,

when I set up my finance with Black Horse, they took the setup fee with the first payment, at the end as with most hp agreements there was a £50 'option to purchase' fee, the vehicle is still technically being rented to you until this is paid.

I have not tried to reclaim either of these charges only late payment fees and the interest that was charged on them.

Roscodog18

"What counts is not necessarily the size of the dog in the fight; it's the size of the fight in the dog."

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Hi there. Im gonna be keeping an eye on your thread as im waiting for my hubby to get back thursday evening, before we start his claim with BH. He got a letter while he was away saying as there were just short of £200 of charges added to his account, they will continue to collect his monthly D/D till they are satisfied. Just a quick question though...did they ever return a breakdown of charges for you or just a total amount? Only asking this as i have the full amount (due to their snotty letter) but to add my 8%, before MCOL, i would like to know dates, etc. Many thanks if you can help.

Halifax: LBA sent 27/11/2006 £640 owed. N1 filed on 13/12/2006 they have untill 12/01/2007 to acknowledge. Settled 12/01/2007 £929.46

Barclaycard: Prelim sent 13/12/2006 £250 owed from May 2004. Remaining statements being sent 04/01/2007.

£120 part payment recieved 09/01/2007.

LBA sent 10/01/2007.

N1 filed 29/01/2007.

AQ filed 19/03/2007.

Letter for offer in full 8/05/2007.

Settled 05/06/2007 £433

Halifax C/C: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 17/11/2006.

Prelim sent 29/01/2007 £407 owed.

N1 filed 19/03/2007.

Judgment entered against Halifax 3/05/2007. Settled 25/05/2007 £500

Hubby:

HSBC: Prelim sent 27/11/2006,

LBA sent 12/12/2006 £3231 owed.

N1 filed.

Defence filed 14/2/2007.

AQ filed 5/3/2007. Settled 16/03/2007 £4238.15

Black Horse: Prelim sent 13/12/2006 £256 owed. LBA sent 10/01/2007. Settled 24/01/2007 £146.75

Hi,

when I set up my finance with Black Horse, they took the setup fee with the first payment, at the end as with most hp agreements there was a £50 'option to purchase' fee, the vehicle is still technically being rented to you until this is paid.

I have not tried to reclaim either of these charges only late payment fees and the interest that was charged on them.

Roscodog18

Thanks for this - £90.00 of my calim is for an doc/opt fee which I thought was a carge, so I will wrtie back to them saying that I am happy to deduct this IF they prove it is a service fee (as it oesn't say it clearly and when I spoke with someone on the phone, they told me it was a charge fee!!) so, we will se waht they say.

When i get the letter I have been sent (my dad is sending it up to me) I will post their leter and my intended rely for you guys to check over, if that's ok?

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Hi there. Im gonna be keeping an eye on your thread as im waiting for my hubby to get back thursday evening, before we start his claim with BH. He got a letter while he was away saying as there were just short of £200 of charges added to his account, they will continue to collect his monthly D/D till they are satisfied. Just a quick question though...did they ever return a breakdown of charges for you or just a total amount? Only asking this as i have the full amount (due to their snotty letter) but to add my 8%, before MCOL, i would like to know dates, etc. Many thanks if you can help.

Well they applied all my cahrges in one go by the looks of it. The solicitors letter questions the interest because apparently tey were applie at differeent dates - I can only go by what BH sent me, which I will send back to the solicitors showing that they compounded all of the charges.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

I paid my late dd charges at the end of the agreement, these charges and the interest that was applied to them was itemised on my final statement.

My agreement is complete and I have a letter stating that they have no further interest in my van so there is no chance of any retaliation for me.

Roscodog

Dwight D. Eisenhower

That's interesting - I sent a request for the final statement and got something that had compounded the charges in one go.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Hi,

here is how it appeared on my statement, note the ref for Collection activity,Returned payment fee and Late payment interest is 0000 for all 3!

BHStatement-1.jpg

Roscodog

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Got the letter- I will post their letter in full, and my reply when i can- my comp blew up so struggliong to get time to do it...

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Hi,

here is how it appeared on my statement, note the ref for Collection activity,Returned payment fee and Late payment interest is 0000 for all 3!

BHStatement.jpg

Roscodog

Hiya, thanks loads for this - it is a bit small though. WOuld you mind emailing me it? If not, please PM me and I'll send you my email address.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Ok, so as promised, here's the letter SCM wrote to me:

___

STRICTLY WITHOUT PREJUDICE SAVE AS TO COSTS

We act on behalf of Black Horse Limitted and have filed a Defence to your legal proceedings.

However, our client does not consider it economically viable to become involved in contested proceedings for the sums in question.

We have considered the statement of account from our client, which shows that £xx was debited to your account in respect of collection activity charges and £xx in respect of late payment interest.

We do not thefefore understand where you obtained the figure of £xx.

Futhermore, you seek to claim statutory interest on the sums you seek from the xxxx February 2004 when in fact the individual amounts became payable at differing dates and the first cannot have been until November 2004 when the first direct debit mandate payment was unpaid.

Therefore, it is our client's position that the maximum you would be entitled to recover if you proved the allegations contained within your claim would be £xx subject to you providing evidence of the cost of the postage, your calculaiton of the interest and other matters raised in your claim.

Without any admission of liability fir any sums whatsoever and purely in an effort to avoid escalating legal costs which would not be recoverable by either party, we are instructed to offer you the sum of £100 in full and final settlement of all claims in respect of this matter.

Upon receipt of your written acceptance we will immediately arrange for a cheque to be sent to you on the understanding that you will discontinue these legal proceedings.

We thank you in anticipation of your attention and look forward to hearing from you.

____

I'll post their defence and my reply in a bit.

Sorry for the delays, but I don't have a scanner so I am typing these all up......in between everything else I am doing!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Here's the defence:

• It is admitted and averred that the Agreement in question was a regulated Consumer Credit Agreement conducted on the then standard terms and conditions of the Defendant and that collection administration charges were made in accordance with those terms at various times when payment defaults occur.
  • The Defendant believes that the collection administration charges recovered in relation to the Claimant’s Agreement do not, pro rata, exceed the actual administrative cost to the Defendant for collecting overdue sums from the customer generally. Obviously it would be impractical to calculate the precise annual cost in each and every instance and therefore standard charges have to be used.
  • It is specifically denied that the Defendant is in breach of any statutory provisions listed by the Claimant in his claim or that the charges made were disproportionate or unreasonable or a penalty in common law. The Claimant is out to strict proof of these allegations.
  • It is therefore denied that the Defendant has any liability to the Claimant either as claimed or at all.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

As promised, here's my reply:

___

I am writing in response to my letter dated xxx November 2006 in which you offer a settlement for the above claim.

I respectfully decline your offer of settlement and request, once again, that you return to me all charges imposed on this account, totaling £xxx. I would like to remind you that a daily interest rate of £0.07p is payable from the date of issue until the date of payment and also extra postage costs are £7.75, these are in addition to the balance.

You mention in your letter that you do not understand where I obtained the figure of £xxx based on the statement of account. The statement I received from your client included under total charges £90.00 with the description of “Doc/Opt Fee”; after calling an advisor in the Black Horse credit department, I was advised that this was a charge applied to the account due to missed payments etc. I would consider deducting £90.00 from the total balance I am claiming upon checking through your evidence that this “Doc/Opt” fee has nothing to do with late payment charges and the like.

You also mention in your letter that the dates of Statutory Interest became payable from different dates. The information I have used to compile my Claim have been taken directly from the last Statement Document I received from your Client and are therefore correct to the best of my knowledge. If you are able to provide any other evidence for me to consider, please feel free to do so.

In summary, I will accept the sum offered of £100.00 only as part settlement and on the clear understanding that I will pursue recovery of the remainder until the full balance of £xxx plus the daily interest plus the extra costs I have incurred since your recent letter, has been received, without withdrawing the County Court Claim until I have received the above balance in full.

I trust this clarifies my position.

___

Hope all this is he;ping you guys....I know not many people are posting in this forum and especially not for Black Horse!!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Strange that collection activity and returned payment fees all end in .00 pence despite being an accurate reflection of Black Horses actual costs.............or am I just being cynical?

roscodog

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Hey, im going to keep an eye on this as Blackhorse are next on my hitlist!!! fingers crossed tey pay up soon!

Hi Julie, please do keep an eye on it.....hope all this info on this thread helps!

If anything I have mentioned in a thread has helped, please press the scales in the bottom left and tell me!! :D

Good luck with your claims!!

Keep us posted...

• Haha 1

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Strange that collection activity and returned payment fees all end in .00 pence despite being an accurate reflection of Black Horses actual costs.............or am I just being cynical?

roscodog

Not at all Rosco, that's a very interesting point.

Although one of the points in their defence is that they cannot accurately calculate how much it is for each individual!!!

My charges claims:

Default removals: