LHA Query!

Gemini115
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4613 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

can anyone give me any advice regarding LHA rates please?

I know the way it is worked out has changed this year and people are supposed to be able to afford to rent 30% of the property available in their area as opposed to 50% last year.There are 143 properties to rent where I live but I can only afford to rent 2 of them because of the LHA rates,is this right?I would have thought that going of the 30% rate I should in fact be able to afford to rent arounf 42 of the properties available?

I'd be grateful for anyones opinions on this.

EXAMPLE:

lets say that there are 200 private rental properties in your area of the type that would be the right size for your household, 60 other people beat you to the cheapest 60 properties (which cost less than or equal to the local housing allowance), that means out of the 140 left, all are more expensive than the local housing allowance

this sounds similar to what has happened in your case, a few people have rented more expensive properties, however the rest have snapped up all but two of the properties less than the LHA

i hope this makes sense

If you have found my post useful, please click on the star at the bottom of my post and add some reputation points.