• Tweets

• Hi,   Apologies for not reading the stickies and diving in! I have provided the info requested   ******* Which Court have you received the claim from ? MCOL Northampton N1 If possible please scan redact and upload a full page copy of page 1 of the claim form. (not the response page or AOS) Its in post 3 above   Name of the Claimant : Premier Parking Limited 48 Queensgate House Queen Street Exeter Devon EX4 3SR   Claimants Solicitors: (if one is stated) BW Legal Enterprise House 1 Apex View Leeds LS11 9BH   Date of issue – (top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to.) 3 Dec 2021   Date for AOS - (you must complete an Acknowledge Of Service upon receipt of the claimform on the MCOL website - this deadline is calculated by adding 19 calendar  days to the date of issue - ( 5 day for service + 14 days to AOS) - carefully note that the date on the claimform is ONE in the count.)   Date to submit Defence - (you add a further 14 calendar days to the AOS date - note: should this date fall on a W/End, you must file by 4pm Friday)  17/12/2021 What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? Please type out their particulars of claim (verbatim) less any identifiable data and round the amounts up/down. The claim is for the sum of £117.70 being due from the defendent in respect of a parking charge notice (PCN) for a contractual breach which occured on 2/7/19 in the private car park/lat at Lidl & PureGym Nottingham - Lidl & Puregym 20 Castle Bridge Road Nottingham NG7. The PCN was issued as the driver failed to comply with the terms and conditions as displayed.  Despite demands, the charge remains unpaid. The claim also includes statutory interest pursuant to section 69 of the County Courts Act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum (a dialy rate of £0.02) from 2/7/19 to 2/12/21 being an amount of £17.70.  The claimant also claims £60.00 recovery costs as set out in the Terms and Conditions and in the ATA AoS Code of Practice. What is the value of the claim? Amount Claimed 177.70 court fees 35.00   legal rep fees 50.00 Total Amount 262.70 *******   I have attached the CPR31:14, BW Legals response to CPR, and the letter of claim.       letter-of-claim.pdf bwlegal-resposne-to-cpr-page2.pdf bwlegal-response-to-cpr-page1.pdf cpr3114.docx
    • Thank you FTMDave. You have simplified it. Will draft a letter and come back for openions. Thank you.
    • I'm certain Johnson will try to call a general election when all else has failed, there will be massive efforts by the Tory party to prevent that.
    • So far all the nonentities have pledged to stay. About half a dozen haven't pronounced yet, Gove is one.   Ladbrokes have suspended betting on how long Johnson lasts and it's 7-1 there's an election this year.
    • Johnson on pincher (demonstrating his bare faced gall and utter inability to learn any lessons or change) : Sorry - its now clear he wasn't going to learn any lessons and he wasn't going to change     Is that even nut nut briefing against him that the pincher should never have been promoted. ... LOL
  • Our picks

FLM Loans

matthulme

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3955 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A friend of mine was persuaded to allow another friend of his to use his debit card over the phone to pay an arrangement fee to FLM Loans.

The person in question told my friend that her mother was acting as the guarantor and she just needed to use his card to pay the initial arrangement fee. She handed the phone to my friend who was just asked by FLM for his name and his card details. The friend gave him the cash for the transaction and he thought nothing more of it.

Having just checked his bank statements he has found that FLM have been debiting his account for the last few months at the rate of 50 pounds per month now totaling 250 pounds.

He spoke to FLM who were most unhelpful and would give him very little information, in the end they agreed to send him a transcript of the telephone call (yet to be received). His bank have confirmed that the transactions were via his debit card and not via DD or SO.

I can't see that he could have been duped into being the guarantor without his knowledge as their website states that the guarantor must be a homeowner, which he isn't.

I've advised him to "lose"l his debit card to prevent any further payments being taken.

Has anyone come across anything like this before or have any suggestions to help him get his money back. I can only imagine that this must be an error on FLM's part.

The friend in question has gone awol so he can't check with her as to whether she has any information or has indeed been making any repayments

Edited by matthulme
Update