HSBC Double Entry on my credit file?

moonstar1981
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3835 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie tackling my credit file/debts head on and this forum is fantastic and providing me with boundless information. I'm after some help with regards to a double entry from HSBC on my credit file:

I held an HSBC bank account with no credit overdraft facilities from September 2003. I closed my account in July 2009 as I had moved to Australia in 2009.

First entry states (CRA's are the same):

Account Type: Bank

Account opened: December 2004

Last Updated: July 2009

Opening Balance: 0

Current Balance: Closed July 2009

Not Defaulted

Second Entry states (CRA's - Callcredit has current balance and Equifax says CB is closed July 2009):

Account Type: Current Account

Account opened: September 2003

Last Updated: July 2011

Opening Balance: 52 pounds

Current Balance: 8,831 pounds

I closed my account with a zero balance so where the hell has 8,831 pounds come from? Also both of these entries have my name spelt incorrectly to?

Can anyone help me as it seems they have double entered onto my credit file and I've only ever had one previous account with HSBC which was a current account.

Thanks

Chris

• 1 year later...

Right so here's my story!

back in 2005 I had my HSBC current account and no loans or overdrafts.

I wanted to trade some stocks and opened up a shares account to do this.

I genuinely did not transfer any money into this share account and it had a balance of £10,000 which I thought was a test thing they do so you can see how it all works and try it out.

After having a play etc over a few weeks I realised I was rubbish at it and lost to much!

I then realised that thus was actual money I was playing with.

To the point where I had made a massive loss.

I had never agreed or signed to have an account credit and I know that I couldn't even get an overdraft on my current account as I had other debts at the time so why on here.

After complaing like mad in branch, they said they would sort the matter out for me.

Then in August 2009 they defaulted my current account and added the balance of debt from the share account to my current account.

I lost around £1700 of my money and they put a defaulted balance of £8,841 onto my current account.

I have never had any any loans, overdrafts or cc's with HSBC nor have I ever acknowledged this debt.

I lived in Australia for a few years, and upon returning found thus on my credit file :

Current account

Account opened:September 2003

Account closed/default date: August 2009

Reported to: August 2015

Balance £8841

After writing to HSBC in January 2013, about this and stating I don't acknowledge this debt and it is statute barred,

they wrote backand said they were looking into the matter and I would receive a reply on 29th January 2013.

Now they have sent me a letter stating that they have sold my debt to MK Rapid Recoveries and they are no longer dealing with my case.

On the same date as receiving this, MK rapid have sent me a letter demanding payment on this.

Any help on what my next steps should be?

I genuinely want to try and get thus removed from my credit file as I'm looking to buy a house in the next year.

Hope someone can offer some advice as I'm really worried now

Thanks

Hi, The most obvious first step is a Subject Access Request to the bank, to get all the data on the account, and specifically to find out if the £10K was an unregulated overdraft or a loan, this will determine what response is to be made.

I suggest you send a Letter to |MKRR stating that you have raised a FORMAL COMPLAINT with the bank and can neither confirm nor deny any liability for the alleged debt.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

The registered office, but ant branch will pass the request on.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

The address below is the final hurdle/complaints team. This was the address I used before my case went further.

Also, anything you mail goes to Leeds and from there it is redirected to Coventry/West Midlands - anothing confusing strategy used by HSBC.

Service Quality Team

HSBC Bank plc

Arlington Business Centre

Millshaw Park Lane

Leeds

LS11 0PP

I went all the way to court to seek compensation for "damage to creditworthiness" against HSBC. I lost unfortunately.

Hi there,

This is just a quick update - I have sent off a Subject access request this week so hopefully this will provide a more clearer picture. However, I emailed HSBC back in December regarding this matter to see what insight I could further get. Today they have responded back 3 months later with a letter from there customer care team. It states:

Payments of £6488.98 and £1310.30 were made to Investment Direct which took your balance to £7907.35 overdrawn.

They state that they sent me a letter on 1st December 2008 clarifying there position on this matter - They have attached a copy of a letter (although they have hand written the date in???) I've posted pictures of what they have sent in there letter and there copy of there record. This letter dated 1 December 2008 was never received.

During the whole time I had my HSBC account I have never had any overdrafts or loans. I couldn't get anything on credit as I had a number of defaults and 2 CCJ's during this jperiod. I don't understand how they can state that I made orders through Invest Direct for the following amounts above and fufill the amounts through my current account? I'd never had a balance over £1.5K!!

On there letter dated December 2008, it states that "I offer my apologies that the letter sent was incorrect and confirmed that we would link this trading account to your bank account. I have now arranged for the correct letter to be issued" - This really doesn't make any sense to me.

Please can someone help me on how I can tackle this matter. I have genuinely been shafted by HSBC here :( I accepted no line of credit or nothing so I don't know how they can say I owe them this money.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42238[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42241[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42239[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42240[/ATTACH]

Edited by citizenB

There are photos of the letters they sent me in regards to this debt - I hope you can see them clearly enough, might have to download them to clearly view them. If not just let me know and I'll either type them up in here or dm them.

• 2 months later...
Hi, The most obvious first step is a Subject Access Request to the bank, to get all the data on the account, and specifically to find out if the £10K was an unregulated overdraft or a loan, this will determine what response is to be made.

I suggest you send a Letter to |MKRR stating that you have raised a FORMAL COMPLAINT with the bank and can neither confirm nor deny any liability for the alleged debt.

Good afternoon,

After waiting 12 weeks for a SAR I have now finally received this!

After looking into this matter and seeing what information HSBC hold on me there are several failings the bank have done.

The InvestDirect account was open in 2003 but lay dormant.

1. There is no credit agreement at all for any amount in InvestDirect Account or Current Plus Account. Looking at all the documents they've sent I've noted these points....

2. 28th Nov 2008 - Trading Reserve Declined

3. 13th Nov 2008 - Welcome to InvestDirect. Note on FILE says "We have open a settlement Account, which is linked to your HSBC bank current account....You have a personal dealing limit of £10,000 meaning that you are able to place purchase orders up to this amount, whilst ensuring sufficient funds are available in your HSBC current Account. "

4. Payments on 14th NOV 2008 of £6488.98 and 17th NOV 2008 of £1310.30 were transferred from my current account to INVESTDIRECT.

So surely there are two key points here:

1. I never have agreed/signed/seen a credit agreement

2. There own point of "You have a personal dealing limit of £10,000, meaning that you are able to place purchase orders up to this amount, whilst ensuring sufficient funds are available in your HSBC current account" - On the 13th November 2008 my current account balance was £68.07 OVERDRAWN. Surely this means that they have screwed me over?

Again, I have never been accepted for any form of overdraft with the bank, turned down for numerous loans etc and never had a credit card with them. I have several CCJ's/DEFAULTS/LATE PAYMENTS during this time period and couldn't get accepted for credit anywhere. The current account in 21st NOV 2008 had a closing balance of £7907.23 and then they spent a year charging interest etc and closed the account on 30th July 2009 with a closing balance of £8912.04.

Could anyone please advise me what my next steps should really be on this matter?

• 4 months later...

Hi there,

Long story short..

. Had an issue with an old HSBC debt that landed on my credit file halfway through buying a house a few months ago,

luckily I've got my house and

the last year I've been on the road to debt free recovery and managed to have all my debts made satisfactory bar one left now!

I had an old HSBC current account with a negative balance of £8,841 which defaulted on November 2008

(when I last paid something on the account) /

credit report states default was from 30th July 2009

they spent a year chargin interest and closed the trading account and applied it to my zero balanced current account).

It relates to a disagreement I had with the bank over a trading account overdraft

that was given to me without me asking for it and at the time I had several CCJ's

and couldn't get an overdraft on my current account.

After doing a SAR request with HSBC etc

I provided them with all the facts on my case and they said they are no longer in charge of the debt

and all quieries go to MKDP now.

I argued that they irresponsibly lent me (£10,000 overdraft on a share dealing account)

while I was still in a mountain of debt with CCJ's.

Since May 2013, I've written monthly to MKDP to request that they review my request of information

and case I presented to HSBC and look into why this default is there.

I have also sent them SAR's and had the same response every time.

I've now had 4 letters all stating the same thing from MKDP that they are still looking into the matter

and liaising with there client (HSBC)

- So getting no where with them.

The HSBC have never pursued this in the courts as I believe they know they just don't have a case or evidence to win.

Could anyone please advise me what my next steps should really be on this matter?

I want it off my credit file and I really don't know what the best course of action is.

Could I send MKDP any other letters?

Should I contact the HSBC and try and get a heavily discounted settlement in return for satisfactory status on my credit file?

Any ideas or thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

4 threads on passed history merged

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Having read through your post a few times I cannot see any practical or achievable reason for the default too be removed from the account.

Clearly the account was defaulted because you ceased making any payments so what reason is there for the creditor or MKDP to remove the default.

The creditor must report the accurate and up to date conduct of the account to CRAs which it appears is being done, a 'dispute' doesn't prevent reporting to the CRAs.

I think any argument that there was irresponsible lending would need to be tested in court.