style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4610 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is my first time using this site so sorry if this is in the wrong place... I have optional service cover on my laptop and it recently broke, so I took it back for them to send it off for repairs and they have had it for 28 days and I need it for work... So I was wondering if there was anyway to get a replacement or at least my payments froze till I get it back? Any help is greatly appreciated

Hi, I myself am currently having problems with brighthose and right at this very moment in time am at my wits end,

I currently owe them £120 for about 6 weeks late payments, I was very ill at the beginning of the time i couldnt pay, and I subsequently lost my job, and am suffering from depression, and the way i am being treated certainly isnt helping matters.

I telephoned them when I was 2 weeks in arrears to inform them when my benefit was sorted, I would attempt to get upto date with my late payments, they told me I had to pay by the following monday....Which i couldnt afford, i offered to pay them in small installments, over my contracted weekly payment...big fat no....and now it has spiralled out of control

I have had the 'big bouncer type man' banging on my door on several occasions, and as we speak, he is there, and has been for about an hour in his van! I am not opening the door, but afraid he will still be there when my daughter comes home from school....I have had notes shoved through my letterbox, saying that they have come to collect the goods i have stolen from them...calling me a theif, and that they will be back later...WHAT CAN I DO? please someone put my mind at rest?

Hi, I myself am currently having problems with brighthose and right at this very moment in time am at my wits end,

I currently owe them £120 for about 6 weeks late payments, I was very ill at the beginning of the time i couldnt pay, and I subsequently lost my job, and am suffering from depression, and the way i am being treated certainly isnt helping matters.

I telephoned them when I was 2 weeks in arrears to inform them when my benefit was sorted, I would attempt to get upto date with my late payments, they told me I had to pay by the following monday....Which i couldnt afford, i offered to pay them in small installments, over my contracted weekly payment...big fat no....and now it has spiralled out of control

I have had the 'big bouncer type man' banging on my door on several occasions, and as we speak, he is there, and has been for about an hour in his van! I am not opening the door, but afraid he will still be there when my daughter comes home from school....I have had notes shoved through my letterbox, saying that they have come to collect the goods i have stolen from them...calling me a theif, and that they will be back later...WHAT CAN I DO? please someone put my mind at rest?

I would say try and get a restraining order on them... Or phone the head office and try and work something out with them. and they cannot come Into your home and take stuff without a warrant or whatever it is... but I don't really know anything about this kind of stuff...

This is my first time using this site so sorry if this is in the wrong place... I have optional service cover on my laptop and it recently broke, so I took it back for them to send it off for repairs and they have had it for 28 days and I need it for work... So I was wondering if there was anyway to get a replacement or at least my payments froze till I get it back? Any help is greatly appreciated

Hi mickymouse,

Usually when an item (such as a TV) is being repaired by BH, they can supply a "loaner" until yours is fixed. However, with laptops and PCs, BH's official position is that a "loaner" cannot be provided "due to the Data Protection Act". A "loaner" could hold information from a previous customer, which could potentially infringe their privacy. For that reason, loan computers are not given out. As for suspending your payments, unfortunately you are still under contract and need to maintain your payments to ensure that the OSC continues - if you were to stop paying, technically the insurance would lapse.

Sorry it's not the answer you were looking for but I hope it helps.

First of all Katvond, sorry to hear about your current situation - as a disabled man I can sympathise.

To the best of my knowledge BH DO NOT employ Bailiffs. They have a Debt Recovery team, but these do not have the same powers as a standard Bailiff.

How long have you had the item from BH, and how long was the contract? If you've had the item over a certain length of time, then it may well be under Protected Goods Status - this means that they CANNOT repossess the item without a Court Order. Check your contract, the details should be on there.

As for him sitting outside your property - that is harassment, plain and simple. If it continues, send a letter of complaint to both the store and Head Office - I would advise by Recorded Delivery so they cannot deny receipt of it.

Let us know how it goes.

Hi mickymouse,

Usually when an item (such as a TV) is being repaired by BH, they can supply a "loaner" until yours is fixed. However, with laptops and PCs, BH's official position is that a "loaner" cannot be provided "due to the Data Protection Act". A "loaner" could hold information from a previous customer, which could potentially infringe their privacy. For that reason, loan computers are not given out. As for suspending your payments, unfortunately you are still under contract and need to maintain your payments to ensure that the OSC continues - if you were to stop paying, technically the insurance would lapse.

But I'm sure I seen something about a law saying that they can only have my laptop for a reasonable amount of time... It's been about 35 days now and I need it for training and helping me find work... Am I right about this law?

How old is the laptop ? as the osc issue could well be completely irrelevant here, as the goods should be of a good quality and last for a reasonable period of time (or something like that) ....

Only about a year... It's broke twice so far... It was turning itself off as soon as I turn it on...