Moorcroft at the door!

2ndname
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4587 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

It’s been a while and I have reregistered under a differentname because my first was too close to my real name and it was used in court by LTSB.

Yes as the title says. Moorcroft have made a doorstep visit,my wife answered the door and said that I was not in, he handed her a card in a sealed envelope to give to me. She said he was very polite and was not pushy or aggressive in any way.

mc003.jpg

Is this a new tactics being used as I still keep reading that they do not do door step?

In Feb 2008 I requested a CCA and SAR from all my creditors, the only items the company supplied was records of payment. In May 2008 I stopped paying. AIC who was collecting on behalf of the lender quickly passed it back to them. Every 3 or 4 months I have received a request from various DCA’sand have ignored them.

I intend to ignore this but it rattled my wife somewhat so Ithought I’d check it out.

I keep reading that they don't doorstep too, and wonder why people think that as they certainly do. Not as often as they threaten, but I have had them call before as well.

Just write and tell them that you do not conduct business at the doorstep, only in writing and that you withdraw any implied permission for them to visit your home.

• Confused 1

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Did you inform them that the account is disputed due to their failure to comply with the CCA request?

Did you send them a letter before action regarding their failure to comply with the SAR in the time limit laid down (40 days)?

Did you lodge a formal complaint to the ICO about their failure to comply with your legal request of the SAR?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Bazooka Bill

1, yes

2. yes

3. They complied with the SAR but with no CCA compliance

As I said I was going to ignor it but my wife as got abit jittery, It's been a few years since the up evil and things had settled down. I learnt alot in a short period of time and one of the major learning points is: if and where posible never comunicate with them because a judge may decide you've agree'd to anything and everything. (balance of probability)! I will however conceed that on this occation sidewinder is correct but I do need to word it properly and to make sure it cannot be doctored ala LTSB & ****.

There is no obligation to supply the agreement

with the SAR as there is provision for this in CCA 1974.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Which is why I put them separately because they were aplied for separately. I should expect this every now and again, I took 56k down to 18K but LTSB took me for a further 8K making 24k in total. It is now about 19K. The only way I lost the 8k was that the judge accepted the documents were false but said and I quote because i'll never forget his words "on the balance of probability this is what the document would have looked like"

That is going to happen more and more

the only solution is in future KEEP all

documents from credit agreements

you sign for at very least 6 years.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

it is more than 6 years I suggest 6 years after completion. How do you think I knew and was able to prove it (without showing I had a copy of the original) was a made up, in my case T&C. But you can never account for the judge. I had them bang to rights on (off the top of my head) 62, 64 & 65, even the opposing sol tried to state the law in my favour because as she said she was covering the posibility of an appeal but the judge told her to shut up and know her place (not quite as blunt as that but near enough). Why no appeal - like always hadn't got the money. But enough of this because it is opening old feelings of hatred towards self opinionated common law judges.

Not having all the facts it would have

been difficult to arrive at the decisions you have reached.

District Judges Civil I have found are not in general

self opinionated, but work to the principles of English

CIVIL LAW and the balance of probabilities and fairness,

there are no''common Law Judges'' .

Moorcroft's street collectors are all self-employed. They seem to be barely trained and have to fund their own phone and travel costs. Many of them appear to be elderly. In my view they are exploited - they take all the risks and if they don't collect they don't get paid. It's just another unsavoury aspect of the grubby debt industry.

I have only ever heard of one of these collectors being other than polite and disappearing when asked; the exception breached data protection and OFT Guidance to a huge degree. One formal complaint, and he disappeared off the radar - as far as Moorcroft are concerned these people are disposable.

Eighty quid a week and pay your own exes,

no wonder is muppetry incarnate:madgrin:

Moorcroft Debt Recovery - Home Collections Division

We currently have over 1.5 million live accounts (many of which are worthless) on our system at any one time, our combined total of head office and nationwide field force means we have access to over eighteen hundred people slaveing away on our behalf.

The Home Collections division plays a very important part in the success of Moorcroft and our clients when they are not in a meeting with the OFT. It is our self opinionated and arrogant agents aim to establish what is an affordable repayment plan not the customers within a local area to themselves.

PHOTOBUCKET TUTORIAL IS NOW DONE HERE IT IS

Eighty quid a week and pay your own exes,

As they say, pay peanuts, you get monkeys!

That is evidence to any new CAGger that these DCA's work on commission, which is why, speaking to the phone drones over the phone is about as much use as mudguards on a tortoise.

Even the smallest payment you make after being threatened and intimidated by them and led to believe that a van is just down the road with six bailiffs in ready to take all of your worldly possessions, is their only way of scraping enough money together to buy their next bottle of clearasil..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!