style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4586 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i have a unpaid debt to salford council for council tax of £900 this was passed to rossendales

i had a visit from a baliff in may to which i made as i now know a huge mistake and allowed him in

i allowed him to list some goods and he asked me to sign to say the good was correct i have later found i that was actually signing a walk in order

i paid him £60 on the day and agreeed to pay £50 a month

i sent in the form he left for me

as arranged i made monthly payments to rossendales of £50

last week i recieved a phone call to say they hadnt received the form i sent back i then emailed them my income and expenditure i phoned rossendales to check if they had received it i got a very rude man that just said we dont sit here just checking emails you know

last thursday i received another visit from the baliffs this time with a van in tow they said they needed full payment or they were taking my goods this is the point i found out i had signed a walk in order

he agreed to give me 24hrs to try and sort this as it was after 2pm he said that would take it to monday

after he left i called cab to seek some advice , i got hold of a very helpful lady who said she was going to ring the baliff he kept changing his story with her 1st there was a agreement then he said there was a agreement but i hadnt payed (this isnt the case i had made 3 £50 monthly payments) then said to her there was no agreement. he then phoned me back saying im coming back and im emptying your house, claiming it was my fault because i got someone else involved and i had made things aq whole lot worse for myself and he didnt give a **** he was going to empty my house

i called salford council and they put the account on hold for 7 days while i put an appeal in to have the debt returned to the council

this is the stage im at and im hoping that someone can give me some advice on what to do next because if my apeal fails this baliff is going to come after me all guns blazing

refuse to deal with bailiff and pay the council direct, no law says you have to deal with a bailiff. do not let him back in, he can break in now he has a levy, but not before getting permission from the council + i think the magistrates then they have to write to you and tell you when they are coming, but breaking in to act on a levy of goods very rarley happens. he doesnt want your goods, he wants your money

here we are:

from a recent thread:

Question can he break into my house while im out if no one is in, he has never been in my house before ---End Quote---

To be able to force entry to your home he needs the following:

1 - he must have gained previous peaceful entry and made a valid levy on goods.

2 - next time he calls you must have denied him entry following a default on a payment due.

3 - he must get the approval of the Council to apply for a forced entry, and they MUST agree FIRST

4 - he must apply to the Magistrates Court for an Order allowing him to force entry - very rarely given

5 - he must write to you giving you a date and time of when he is coming

6 - if you are then not in he may make a forced entry

thus 99.9% of the time - So you are a long, long way from this happening - not that it will, and as you have paid up to date minus his fees then no application to force entry will succeed.

Any hassles with the Bailiff do no disappear overnight and it does take a long time to resolve. As said previously the Council cannot wash their hands of this and if they insist they can do nothing then they leave themselves wide open. As you no longer reside within the same authority then you must complain at the highest level ie the CEO. It would do no harm to also inform the Leader of the Council and his opposite number of what is going on also. As for the Bailiff themselves you must also challenge the fees they are trying to claim. As you paid after the levy was made you may indeed be liable for some fees but definitely not what they are claiming.

PT

t

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dont worry about rossers

they always trip themselves up

def STOP paying them

do it by internet banking to the council direct.

you are under NO legal obl to coverse with him whatsoever

ignore the phone and the door calls

just say you are dealing with the council direct now.

you need to fire off the letter thats detailed in many thread to get a complete breakdown of all these 'fees' i bet they have added.

what was the org LO figure & what is the debt now?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Suggestion - it was more than 3 months ago that they made a levy & asked you to sign. They now state they never made an arrangement with you because they never received your "form" but you have voluntarily made payments. As they have never been back in touch through all this time I would force their hand and tell them you are of the opinion they have abandoned any levy that was made so please remove the levy fee and all associated charges.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fascinating thread. I am in just the same position.

Rossendales entered my house last jan. I paid then a figure and agreed to pay £40 per month for arrears on council tax (from previous years). I have paid that religiously since and my bank statement shows that every single month - from Feb-Aug has £40 paid out to R'dales.

Bailiff came last week and left a 24 hour notice for me to pay full amount. I phoned bailiff and was told I had to pay it as I had defaulted on my terms. I explained I had paid every month and the next one is not due for another week! He then said I was 2 days late in APRIL, and 9 days late in May. He took no account of me more often paying EARLY each month. To be honest, the bill is due on the 15th each month and I seriosly hadn't thought of how important that number would be. In my crisis mode, I simply think... pay monthly no matter what, and so ofar I have.

Bailiff tells me unless I pay a significant figure, he will empty the house on Friday this week.

Still in early stages of learning about how to handle all of this and reading like a woman possessed! I'll come back if I may and let you know what happens next.

Sorry to hijack original post. Im just amazed others are suffering the same. I wish you luck in getting these arrogant little men sorted. x

Fascinating thread. I am in just the same position.

Rossendales entered my house last jan. I paid then a figure and agreed to pay £40 per month for arrears on council tax (from previous years). I have paid that religiously since and my bank statement shows that every single month - from Feb-Aug has £40 paid out to R'dales.

Bailiff came last week and left a 24 hour notice for me to pay full amount. I phoned bailiff and was told I had to pay it as I had defaulted on my terms. I explained I had paid every month and the next one is not due for another week! He then said I was 2 days late in APRIL, and 9 days late in May. He took no account of me more often paying EARLY each month. To be honest, the bill is due on the 15th each month and I seriosly hadn't thought of how important that number would be. In my crisis mode, I simply think... pay monthly no matter what, and so ofar I have.

Bailiff tells me unless I pay a significant figure, he will empty the house on Friday this week.

Still in early stages of learning about how to handle all of this and reading like a woman possessed! I'll come back if I may and let you know what happens next.

Sorry to hijack original post. Im just amazed others are suffering the same. I wish you luck in getting these arrogant little men sorted. x

Start a new thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=168 and you'll get a good response, there will be suggestions as to what to do now rather than waiting.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

im at the moment sweating on my appeal being looked at by the council

they have said they will call me later to discuss it

the baliffs are due back tomorrow and to say im starting to get very nervous is a understatement

ok first of all thank you so much everyone on here for your advice and support

i have just had a phone call back from the council to say that they are instructing the balliffs that they have to accept my payment offer and that no further action will be taken and no balliff will call back at my door

its unclear who you are going to pay above

do not pay the bailiff, pay the council

dx

and they

Phew! I know exactly how you feel today after going through the same yesterday. Well done you.

Im now going to complain to council about their treatment of me via their bailffs... they can't keep putting people under this distress all the while knowing they 'could' help from the start if they chose to.

IMHO you should NOT be paying the rossers

whatever you owe can be paid to the council by internet banking.

dx

and they