• Tweets

• Update 15th March the eviction notice period expired, and I paid my next month rent along with sending them the message discussed above. After a short while they just emailed me back this dry phrase "Thank you for your email." In two weeks' time I'm gonna need to pay the rent again, and I have such a feeling that shortly after that date the contracts will be exchanged and all the payments will be made.  Now my main concern is, if possible, not to end up paying rent after I move out.  
    • they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Help with log book loans can the bos be voided under section 9/10

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4540 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi I hope that someone can help with this, I have been reading this thread and hope that someone will be able to confirm what I need to do,

I have a LBL on a car I have asked for payments to be reduced as our family income was reduced this has been going on for a month or 2 I was sent a default notice saying that there were planing to reposes the car I did a letter asking again and also (after some reading) said that I felt the bos was voided as it did not comply with section 9. I went to my parents for 2 weeks and got a call on thursday from my neighbour to say that my car had been clamped and that they where going to take the car, they left a number for me to ring. Spoke to the chap and said that I needed to speak to the LBL company. On doing this they demanded the full balance outstanding I explained that I could not pay this- I then again said that I did not feel that this could happen as the BOS did not meet with sectoin 9 I had to e-mail the company explaining why with details of section 9 they said they would speak to their solicitor and get back to me.

After 6 hours (2 men stood on my drive being very rude to my neighbours) I made another call to the LBL who said that they would not take the car that day and they removed the clamp and left. I got a email from LBL saying that I needed to go see them monday morning (tomorrow) and pay 2 months full money and they will then look at my payments otherise my car will be repossed and sold, they said that I will also be charged for the 2 men at my property for 6 hours that they will also I have got home today and I am trying to seek advice on how to move forward before I see the company tommorrow, I will copy the BOS which I feel does not meet the Section 9-

This bill of sale made on the *** Between Mr*** of xxx (the borrower) of the one part and

Bxxx limted trading as Log book loans trading as Log Book Loans and having it's registered office at xxx and registered in england and wales under number 316xxx (the lender) of the other part.

Witness that in considertaion of the sum of £xx (the principal sum) now paid by the lender to the borrower undre a fixed sum loan agreement made contemporaneously with this bill of sale between the lender and the borrower (the loan agreement) the receipt of which the borrower hearby acknowledges. The borrower does hereby assign unto the lender, its successions and assigns the motor vehicle specifically described in the schedule herto (the vehicle) by way of security for the payment of the sum shown as in the loan agreement as the total amount payable (the total amount payable). Such sum being the total of the principal sum and interest thereon at the rate of 9.93 per cent per month (calculated in advance and added to the principal sum at todays date)

AND the borrower does futher agree with the lender as follows.

This then goes into a number of sections to include insurance, rent and receipts, grounds for seizure etc.

I am not trying to avoid paying what I owe but do not wish for my car to be taken.

Do I have a case to void the bill of sale due to the sectoin 9 I have checked and it is registered at the high court.

ANY help, support or advice would be gratefully apprecitaed.

Many thanks

is the credit agreement that is signed by log book loans , after yours (signature) the same person as on the bill of sale

if the signatures are the same then the bill of sale is void

we now have case law to back it up and log book loans have no security over the vehicle

it just becomes a normal unsecured credit agreement and if they try taking the vehicle then its theft

Edited by postggj

moved to BOS forum

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

THE JUDGEMENT

Nine Regions Ltd (Trading as Logbook Loans Ltd) v The Office of Fair Trade 2011 UKUT 280 (AAC) (13 JULY 2011)

The Attestation Issue was framed as follows:

“Is a bill of sale rendered void under sections 8 and 10 of the Bills of Sale Act (1878) Amendment Act 1882 in circumstances where its execution by the Appellants’ customer, i.e. the grantor, is attested by the employee of the Appellants who negotiates, agrees and signs on behalf of the Appellants, the credit agreement between the customer and the Appellants?”

For the above reasons I would give the answer “yes” to the Attestation Issue.

• Haha 1

So this is for definate ?? They cannot take the cars back....iv had baliffs at my mums twice, even though they have been informed by my parents and myself over the telephone that I dont live there !

Just want to get my facts straight before I contact them ! :)

give them that judgement

all it is now is a normal credit agreement as there is no security by a bill of sale

but

the credit agreement and bill of sale needs to have ben signed by the same person to invalidate the bos

if they try and take the car, call the police as it will now be theft

read paragraph 3 AND 4 again

then paragraph 94

then paragraph 102

they are talking out there backsides

also

the court thrEW out there whole case on the 17 auguest and found for the oft

ime just waiting for the transcript to be released

Edited by postggj

I havn't got a clue about how to read through all that haha, but logbook loans probably already know that dont they !

They deserve everything they get.....My car has been sent to another company to collect now...They have been to my parents twice in two days, knowing full well I dont live there ! Getting fed up with them now

what do i do regarding the logbook ?? Will logbook loans have to send me that back ?

Hi Sam,

Be cautious here,.... given the circumstances... i.e they have your car on a 'seize on site' notice to repo men - be very careful not to amend any of the detail on the V5 (as you call it - I call it the Registration Certificate) - should you take the precautionary measure of applying to DVLA with a fee of £25 for a copy on the basis that you can't find it.....

Apple : )

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

applecart

have you now got a link to the final judgement on the 17 auguest

i was well aware of it but the court service have been a bit tardy putting it up for public viewing

a link would be nice

d

Hi Postggj

Sorry, no, not yet..... I'm advised that we keep our eyes peeled for it though - it will happen in due course.... might be worth checking with Nicky B or Hip Hop?

Apple : )

[COLOR="red"][B][CENTER]"Errors do not cease to be errors simply because they’re ratified into law.” [/CENTER][/B][/COLOR][B][CENTER] E.A. Bucchianeri[/CENTER][/B]

I still have the car....i phoned this second company it has been passed to and asked him if he was aware that the car needs repairing because the other company and logbook loans are aware of it and he said no ... The car is going to cost £2500 to fix and is currently not in use because it doesn't work ... He said to me that they would need to SEE the car to check it is in disrepair .. do they really think i am that stupid haha...I advised him that the previous man is aware of the details in full as per the garage it was taken to and that is all the evidence they need as far as I'm concerned because they are a reputable company..I may forward the details of repair to him but there is no way he is getting anywhere near that car to 'have a look' ha !!

I have a copy of the V5 :)..... as I was unable to tax the car and am not willing to send logbook loans any money to do this as they advised me to do !

The second company has now been told that I am not at my parents address, lets see if they return like the last company did