Parking ticket at asda

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4481 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI

I've just noticed a parking ticket attached to my windscreen by Town & City parking Ltd for £60 (reduced to £30 if paid within 10 days).

This was from this morning when I parked at asda.I didn't even know I had to pay to park at Asda. The ticket says I was parked with no valid ticket.

I have just been back to Asda and can now see the notices saying you have to buy a ticket for £1 that is refunded in store.

Who are Town & City parking Ltd and are these tickets legally enforceable?

Thank you

It isn't a parking ticket - it is a speculative invoice hoping that you will pay up!

File under 'Ignore' for now and have a read around the forum for Town & Country.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

So...if I do not pay it what will they do?

It says "failure to respond will result in civil action being taken to recover the parking charge (together with any judicial expenses that may be incurred)

My car is a company car so they will probably chase my company for the money

Is it really non enforceable??

Just ignore it and don`t even bother to contact them as its a waste of a stamp.

Someone may let you know what scary letters from debt collectors and solicitors(so called) that you may get but just ignore it and smile!

They are private companies that cannot issue fines only invoices that are not enforceable.

If worried then get back on here but DON`T pay them a penny, I would rather you sent it to me!

So today you can celebrate the fact that you nearly got "HAD" by con artists and you found this site first!

By now you should have a big grin on your face

I too was worried about my NCP ticket but know I know and tell all the people I know about it to save them money.

(and I took a bit of convincing)!

It may follow with scary red ink on paper with scary words but that’s all they are and intended to frighten people into paying towards their big lush houses while we all work hard for a living.

Nast words like debt collector and CCJ and court and Bailiff etc.

It’s just words to scare you into paying.

It is no different to me sending you and invoice in the official looking yellow sticky thing and asking you to pay me £1000 because I don`t like the colour of you shoes!

Would you pay me! That would be nice!

Would I take you to court? Be a bit silly if I tried!

Better to send 10% to this forum for saving you a bomb!

It WILL NOT go to court but if they are worried about it I would tell them to say you were the driver then you would get the "correspondence junk mail"

Better to print out a few bits on here to convince them to ignore, then they will know about the [problem] too or direct them to this website.

Wonder how many companies with fleets pay the [problem] tickets and charge employers without ever knowing they can safely be ignored???

They will probably purchase the keeper details from DVLA and start sending that person or company letters which sound threatening. Can you predict what the company will do? Will they pay it and deduct from your wages? Will they be happy to call the bluff of these guys or pass the mail to you? That's what you have to weigh up.

The problem yo really have is anticipating what your company (as the registered keeper) may do. If there is any risk that your company will pay the invoice and then recharge you through your wages, then you need to tackle that part of the problem head on.

I would speak then write to whoever you can identify as most likely to receive the junk mail once the RK details are got from the DVLA and make sure they are aware these ARE NOT official council PCNs. I am sure there is something in your works contract regarding having to pay police/council parking fines so you must make them understand these PPC invoices do not fall under these catergories and they must not pay them "on your behalf". Tell them they can either ignore them completely or give them to you for you to ignore.

Edited by crem

I personally would ask your company to pass the letters onto you, then you can save them all up and then if they keep harressing you then call their bluff and get a court order (injunction) against them harresing you, and claim compensation for the mental trauma they have caused you. Its just like these companies that say, and sometimes do clamp you, there is a change in the law (not sure if it is force yet) which these rougue car parking companies are not allowed to clamp vehicles at all, and there "Official Looking" "FINES" are not enforceable in a court of law.

I have one near me that says it will charge a £117.50p release charge or they will clamp the vehicle and the fee will double... Bring it on is what I say... The other thing is that the companies are NOT allowed to Clamp a Disabled vehicle, if they do then they can be charged with criminal damage and if they Tow the vehicle, you should report it as "Theft of a Motor Vehicle" to the police. The only people who can remove your vehicle are Police (enforcing No Parking areas ie: Red Parking Lines in Central London or vehicles that are being driven with no Insurance and under other law breaking circumstances) and councils under certain circumstances or DVLA where a vehicle is parked Illegally without Road Fund Licence (Tax disc).

So do yourself a favour a put it in writing to your employer that you were the driver of the vehicle that is being "Charged an Unenforcable Fee, and that they should ignore it and pass it to you.

Keefy (:-)The "Moaner":rolleyes:)Boy

Prepared to take on anyone until I win...................

Do your self a favour, write to TCP and inform them that you were the driver, them you avoid any involvement with your company and you can take proper control me the matter. I have had many dealings with TCP, I told them to take it to court and to stop harassing me otherwise I would charge them for each communication view made, and If view failed to say within 14 days it would convert into a years parking permit. They wrote to me demanding payment so I now have a years permit, and its a contract they entered into. That's how to handle them

Do your self a favour, write to TCP and inform them that you were the driver, them you avoid any involvement with your company and you can take proper control me the matter. I have had many dealings with TCP, I told them to take it to court and to stop harassing me otherwise I would charge them for each communication view made, and If view failed to say within 14 days it would convert into a years parking permit. They wrote to me demanding payment so I now have a years permit, and its a contract they entered into. That's how to handle them

I told them to take it to court and to stop harassing me otherwise I would charge them for each communication view made, and If view failed to say within 14 days it would convert into a years parking permit. They wrote to me demanding payment so I now have a years permit, and its a contract they entered into. That's how to handle them

What does that actually mean???

I told them to take it to court and to stop harassing me otherwise I would charge them for each communication view made, and If view failed to say within 14 days it would convert into a years parking permit. They wrote to me demanding payment so I now have a years permit, and its a contract they entered into. That's how to handle them

What does that actually mean???

I think it means he hasn't a clue what he is on about!!

I don't understand that either.......

I would just tell them to Bog off and see you in court, and if you continue to Harress me over an unenforeable ticket then I will take you to court. What i threatened a company with was that every time I received a letter demanding payment I would demand a £10 fee, and I will not answer any letters.

That did stop them when I sent them a bill for £30, which for some reason they didn't pay, but they stated I did not have an agreement with them, so I just kept sending them demanding letters, they soon stopped then. But make sure you keep a copy of every letter you send and DO NOT telephone them unless you can record the conversations. If you do record a telephone call you do NOT have to inform them that you are recording the call as individuals do not have to give a warning to them, like they do have to if they record calls with you. They don't like it when you write to them stating details of the call you made and what was said. Its up to you to do what you want.

But make sure you keep a copy of every letter you send and DO NOT telephone them unless you can record the conversations.

That just sounds paranoid to me.

It's a waste of time talking to them - the guy on the other end of the phone is being paid to sit there - you're not. Just ignore them.

I am not being paranoid about it, just giving advice, as having been in the same situation, and they tried to take me to court, but bottled out in the court when they saw Transcripts of telephone calls that they and I had made, as they were denying things they said I had been told in telephone calls.

But I agree with the others just ignore them,but make sure your company is aware because they might not take to the threats as we do.