Damage to Driveway due to chemicals from company

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3538 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone this section is new to me but due to all the help i have recieved in the past i thought i might see if anyone can help me with this one.

My Grandad has had his driveway recovered/sealed as it needed doing which is recomended every 5 or so years .He has a drive way which is concrete/cement and they imprint a pattern onto it and then seal it(hope that makes sense).He has had the company come back to re seal and tidy etc as it had lost its sheen and watertightness.This was perfect .

A couple of months later he decided that the windows and sill and conservatory needed ( White PVC) needed cleaning and a company said they come clean / bleach it all and will make it as good as new,to which they did. However they obviously never washed their chamicals away and it has now dyed and bleached the driveway/patio at the back and has removed the sealent in areas over the drive .

As my grandad is 87 he rang and told them and they said they would come and look , however as it is a national company they dont have people in the area all the time. this was 3 weeks ago.

He has the receipt from the driveway people proving that he has only recently had it done and obviously the one from the cleaning company as proof.

I would just like a bit of help as to how i approach this in the best possible way to get the company to rectify the drive and accept liabitiy?

Other than the telephone call he has made there has been no other contact , i am now going to take over to prevent my grandad all the stress and i would like it dealt with as quick as possible.

Any advice would be much appreciated

[email protected]

Morgan & Stanley/ Goldfish / Barclaycard : F & F Offer accepted , appealing Default on CRA's-ongoing:!:

HSBC : Managed Loan .F & F Offer accepted , appealing Default on CRA's-ongoing:!:

Littlewoods: No CCA , PPI INsurance claim. Took to court. Charges refunded. WON :D appealing Default on CRA's- ongoing :|

I am pleased to inform much to my suprise that they called today out of the blue to correct the damage :)

Excellant thanks

[email protected]

Morgan & Stanley/ Goldfish / Barclaycard : F & F Offer accepted , appealing Default on CRA's-ongoing:!:

HSBC : Managed Loan .F & F Offer accepted , appealing Default on CRA's-ongoing:!:

Littlewoods: No CCA , PPI INsurance claim. Took to court. Charges refunded. WON :D appealing Default on CRA's- ongoing :|

oh thats excellent news - I do love these consumer complaints/asking for advise forums, can get all sorts of solutions you've never thought of before LOL

I've found this one to be very helpful, and also another one http://www.complaintsfactory.co.uk/forum which is also full of helpful advise and people :)