DWP Chasing 20 year old alledged Crisis Loan? - **RESOLVED **

tc5712
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2694 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DWP

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

All payroll will do is confirm you worked for them between x date and x date and were paid x amount per financial year.

I know because I work in payroll and have been handling this kind of query, It may also take about two to three weeks depending on when in the pay cycle the request appears.

• 1 month later...

Well, here's an update for you and I'm almost at the end of my tether with these clowns! How do they keep their jobs?

Quick recap: At time of alleged SF loan I was 22, single, living in a bedsit and this was supposedly for 'bunkbeds'!

Attachment of earnings order was sent to my my employer in mid August (too late for that month's payroll). As I may have mentioned before I called DWP and they said they would send a 'stop' letter to payroll whilst this was investigated in exchange for me setting up a payment plan of £44 per month starting 17th Oct. (I foolishly thought they would see sense and this would have been resolved by then)!

Payroll claimed to have not received letter and FULL payment was deducted from September (23rd) salary!

As of yesterday (21st Oct) DWP still claim payment has not been received by them!? So now FULL amount has WRONGLY been deducted from salary but DWP have no record of receiving it!

Now I get the attached letter today with the 'results' of their investigation. Absolute load of rubbish, not just my opinion, read it!

Loan awarded 21.04.1993, repayments made total £6.72 05.04.1993. SIXTEEN DAYS BEFORE ALLEGED LOAN AWARDED????

I will be writing back to them pointing out this glaring error and for the first time copying in my MP.

Other than that does anyone suggest anything further?

As always many thanks for reading and any advice offered.

TC

DWP_221016_EDIT.pdf

do the screen prints also show the date error?

they say 'they are UNABLE to retrieve the paperwork.'

but are confident that because you were 'in a position' to apply for such a loan, you must of thus had one...UTTER BUNKUM!!

if this was a dca going to court on a loan from that era the judge would laugh them out the door!!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry, but just noticed another error in their correspondence.

QUOTE 'We have checked your Tax contributions and Credits record, it shows you were in receipt of benefits in 1992 for 52 weeks continuing into 1993 for another 5 weeks' So that takes us up to early February.

Alleged SF payment 21st April?

***UPDATE*** Small win?

Got a call from a nice lady at the DWP this evening that has personally taken on my case and has called a few times even if to say there's no news.

Well, today she told me they have now registered the payment that was wrongly taken and a refund will be issued!

Not totally out of the woods yet. I'm still waiting for a reply from the 'dispute' dept after pointing out their glaring error re dates but it's a step in the right direction.

Hey that's great

Shows by persistent belief that you wernt wrong results happen

and they

• 1 month later...

Thanks Honeybee!

I notice at the end of their letter is says

'I apologise for any distress this may have caused you and I hope this now draws the matter to a conclusion'?

Well, to be fair, I'm not sure it does?

They wrongly deducted £255 from my salary in September and it took them well over a month to refund it.

That caused me immense financial hardship not to mention the related emotional stress.

Plus the fact they have been hounding me on and off for about three years over this.

I would welcome the forum's thoughts on whether to not just accept their apology and ask for some kind of compensation as they have been hounding me for years for something that is nothing to do with me?

I would welcome the forum's thoughts on whether to not just accept their apology and ask for some kind of compensation as they have been hounding me for years for something that is nothing to do with me?

If this were, for example a major bank, it would be quite reasonable to expect a goodwill payment to compensate for the distress and inconvenience. It certainly wouldn't hurt to ask, and if you have suffered a financial loss as a result (i.e. bank charges, late payment fees from utilities, etc), ask the DWP to cover the losses.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Drafted the below a couple of days ago. Upon reflection it maybe too much but hey, if you don't ask right?

Thank you for your letter of 30th November in which you finally acknowledge that ‘you have sufficient evidence’ to suggest that I DID NOT apply for the budgeting loan nor receive any payment that you have been referring to for so many years.

You further apologise for any distress this may have caused me and hope this draws the matter to a conclusion? I respectfully suggest your simple letter does not.

You wrongly deducted the full alleged amount from my September salary which left me in immense financial hardship as you were unable to find and refund the undue payment until early November.

This matter has also caused significant emotional distress as my partner of twelve years and now my wife quite understandably has been in doubt about my past given the reason this falsely alleged loan was for bunkbeds? An item you must agree would only be for children of which I have previously had none before we met.

Furthermore, I have invested a significant amount of time calling and writing to finally get this issue resolved over a number of years.

I don’t believe a compensation payment is unreasonable considering the points above?

I suggest a sum of £1518 which I calculate as 8% simple interest per year on £262.08 (the alleged loan) in 1993 totalling £759 plus an equal amount for my time and distress.

I look forward to your prompt reply in advance of taking legal advice.

Did you incur any bank charges as a direct result of the DWP's actions ?

If so, I would most certainly itemise them in your calculations.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

c'mon don't be stupid

you cant claim 8% int from a 1993!! date

possibly you could claim 8% from the date they took it till the date you got the money back, but that's not much.

how the beep you quantify mental distress but you have a very good point there.

dx

and they