HFO ..... Help needed please

paulybbbbb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Please can someone offer me some advice on what to do next..

The story so far.....

In 2008 HFO took over a Barclaycard debt of £1365.90

I started to pay them £1 a month with postal orders

These payments were never deducted from the outstanding total

I stopped paying after this

I had regular telephone calls from a vile man called Anshu Vij working for HFO

I stopped this by only being in contact by writing

Have had numerous letters of SCHEDULE OF LITIGATION to which i have ignored

And letters from TURNBALL RUTHERFORD SOLICITORS to which i have also ignored

I sent off a request for a copy of the credit agreement which was received on the 12-04-2011

i received a photocopy of the back page of the original card application but this was not received until the 15-07-2011 over 2 moths later! (copy uploaded)

Up until today have not heard a thing from them

Now i receive this letter (copy uploaded)

I am at a loss of what to do next, Any advice would be great

Kindest regards Michelle

Edited by paulybbbbb

Who claims to own this debt? Is it HFO Capital Ltd, from Dublin? You need to tell us more about when they claim to have bought the account. It would have been probably in 2007 or 2008. Tell us all you can.

• Confused 1

HFO services

PO box342

West Byfleet

Surrey

KT14 6YX

i have also found out their registered business adress -

HFO services ltd

Kings Parade

Lower Coombe St

Croydon CR0 1AA

They claim to have brought the debt July 2008

You need to contact Barclaycard directly to ask them when it was sold – call them on 0844 556 0066. Ask them EXACTLY when it was sold, what the date of default was and exactly who it was sold to. Then let us know the answers they give...

I was just going on the dates of their letters, Is there any chance they do not own the debt??

Technically there is every chance they do not! But it’s complicated...

What letters have they sent you in the past?

So they sent you a threatening letter in June 2008 and then sent a notice of assignment in July 2008?

Anyway, I bet Barclaycard tell you it was sold in 2007. Barclaycard have never sold accounts to the company that is claiming ownership, ans sold no accounts to HFO after 2007, so they are telling fibs. You will need to complain about this deliberately misleading information to the OFT.

Ok. Your next job is to complain about this to the OFT. The company now claiming to own this account is HFO Capital Ltd, based in Ireland. However, your account MUST have been sold to HFO Capital Ltd based in the Cayman Islands, a completely different company.

On 31 January 2008, the HFO in Cayman assigned all its accounts to HFO Ireland. However, HFO Ireland did NOT have a consumer credit licence at this time, so the sale was technically a criminal offence and therefore void.

The Notice of Assignment sent to you is totally wrong as Barclaycard did NOT sell your account to HFO Capital Ireland. You were also not informed of the assignment from HFO Cayman to HFO Ireland.

So, a complaint to the OFT is needed...

Send a resume of everything that has happened (as you have told us) and copies of those letters and document to OFT. I would also write back to HFO and inform them that the account is still in dispute as they have sent you an illegible pre approval application form devoid of Terms and Conditions and this does not fulfil your request under s78. Send recorded etc. When did you last pay HFO anything?

• Confused 1

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate