• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

"Perfect" Home Nasty People

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3099 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Oh brilliant! I'm guessing the "shop with structural damage" is yours truly.....keep a trowel by the front door too....

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Haha! Gotta love it. Unfortunately HO will have all your records :( but who cares!

You can't make your weekly payments now, how sad for you! ;) (remember, if they ask, you have no debit card, and you're not happy to have them on your property again, so they'll have to go without until they re-build the store)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Nothing excuses the actions of this guy and your anguish is totally accepted

the question i have to ask is

while staying with your dad did you keep up with the payments

it's so easy to forget things at time of grief

but unfortunatly if companies don't know the issue

they will just assume you don't want to pay after all nobody has a crystal ball.

The payment of £40 would not have justified a bailiff's visit as you know

so an answer of the door would have easily rectified the situation

and saved your daughter some anguish and you admitted it was not a bailiff but a debt collection manager.

I have no affiliation with Perfect home and you say they are robbing B******S

but nobody forced your signature and you knew the consequences beforehand.

My take is you have been avoiding the company because of financial difficulties

but have buried your head in the sand and are using your father as a reason for your anger.

Remember these people are just doing their job and no form of bullying is acceptable

but hiding from the situation just causes animossity

.Face up to the fact you are behind and call in to see the store manager explain your circumstances

i'm sure you will be able nto work out an accepatable solution!!

Nothing excuses the actions of this guy and your anguish is totally accepted the question i have to ask is while staying with your dad did you keep up with the payments it's so easy to forget things at time of grief but unfortunatly if companies don't know the issue they will just assume you don't want to pay after all nobody has a crystal ball. The payment of £40 would not have justified a bailiff's visit as you know so an answer of the door would have easily rectified the situation and saved your daughter some anguish and you admitted it was not a bailiff but a debt collection manager.

I have no affiliation with Perfect home and you say they are robbing B******S but nobody forced your signature and you knew the consequences beforehand.My take is you have been avoiding the company because of financial difficulties but have buried your head in the sand and are using your father as a reason for your anger.Remember these people are just doing their job and no form of bullying is acceptable but hiding from the situation just causes animossity.Face up to the fact you are behind and call in to see the store manager explain your circumstances i'm sure you will be able nto work out an accepatable solution!!

urm.

this thread is more than 18mts old

why have you decided

like your other sole post

to come on to a thread about this specific company and start having a go at members?

cag is here to help people NOT KICK THEM....

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I just received an email for this, yep post is over 18 months old. If you don't work for Perfect Home I'll show my arse outside their St Helens shop. Nobody with an ounce of compassion would write what you just have backing up this horrible company. I hope it goes bankrupt. Oh and tell them thanks for the fridge, they never did get back to me after having missed a few payments and getting Trading Standards on their back :)

And don't dare bring my Dad into things, you have no idea of what was going on in my life at that time!!! I used to ring up to make my payment. As if while caring for my dying dad I suddenly thought "Ohh my Perfect Home account needs paying" get a grip. Take it you've never cared for your dying parent before

• 8 months later...

Read so much about the antics of companies like Perfect Home and Bright House,

what they are doing is Harassment and is against the law.

As I have a Trading Standards Degree and I am not working at the moment,

should anyone want help in preparing the papers to take these disgracefull companies to court for harassment

then I would be more than happy to help free of charge,

and the great thing is that if you are on benefits it won't cost you a penny to bring your case before the county court.

I am particularly keen to hear from anyone in the Oldham/Manchester area.

It's about time these companies were put in their place, the only way to do this is to hit them where it hurts, in the pocket!!!

Read so much about the antics of companies like Perfect Home and Bright House,

what they are doing is Harassment and is against the law.

As I have a Trading Standards Degree and I am not working at the moment,

should anyone want help in preparing the papers to take these disgracefull companies to court for harassment

then I would be more than happy to help free of charge,

and the great thing is that if you are on benefits it won't cost you a penny to bring your case before the county court.

I am particularly keen to hear from anyone in the Oldham/Manchester area.

It's about time these companies were put in their place, the only way to do this is to hit them where it hurts, in the pocket!!!

We welcome people who wish to help other...that is what CAG is all about.

However, this must be done in open forum so that others can benefit and also that other members can have input as well.

Please observe the rules and ethos of CAG.

Thanks.

• 1 year later...

My partner got a tv from PH she sold it on eBay shortly afterwards and made 2 payments then messed them around.

They came to my house when we were moving out she hid I said she wasn't in

he came back afew days later and said he would take the tv

not knowing what to say I said the tv wasn't there I didn't know where it was

and we had broken up and I was moving out so he wasn't going in the property until i had moved out.

He then said he was getting the police I said okay and locked up and drove off

he then waited 5 mins and drove away to.

The next day we were properly moving out and not wanting them sniffing around

I told my partner to call and say she was going to pay

she did and arranged for them to come the next morning to see the tv ��

My partner is not very intelligent.

I called back and said they weren't coming in while I was living there

and I was going to lock her out tonight and put her up in a hotel

he said they would have to take it to the next level

but for data protection he couldn't tell me what it was.

I said that's fine.

My partner had another tv with BH when she lived down south when she moved up north

they never contacted her again so she figured when we moved PH would be the same.

I do not condone my partners actions at all and don't know why she did it

I just want an easy life now I'm just waiting for a knock at my new property.

But looking at their apr they should be closed down they are loan sharks.

I also know that my partner could be in a lot of trouble for getting the tv and selling it when it's not hers to sell.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?451882-Perfect-homes-met-their-match