• Tweets

• Hi I received a Parking Charge letter to keeper on Monday 15/04/24, the 17th day after the alleged incident. My understanding is that this is outside the window for notifying. The issue date was 08/04/2024 which should have been in good time for it to have arrived within the notice period but in fact it actually arrived at lunchtime on the 15th. Do I have to prove when it arrived  (and if so how can I do that?) or is the onus on them to prove it was delivered in time? All I can find is that delivery is assumed to be on the second working day after issue which would have been Weds 10//04/24 but it was actually delivered 5 days later than that (thank you Royal Mail!). My husband was present when it arrived - is a family member witness considered sufficient proof? 1 Date of the infringement  arr 28/03/24 21:00, dep 29/03/24 01.27 2 Date on the NTK  08/04/2024 (Date of Issue) 3 Date received Monday 15/04/24 4 Does the NTK mention schedule 4 of The Protections of Freedoms Act 2012?  Yes 5 Is there any photographic evidence of the event? Yes 6 Have you appealed? [Y/N?] post up your appeal] No    Have you had a response?  n/a 7 Who is the parking company? GroupNexus 8. Where exactly [carpark name and town] Petrol Station Roadchef Tibshelf South DE55 5T 'operating in accordance with the BPA's Code of Practice'  
    • lookinforinfo - many thanks for your reply. It would be very interesting to get the letter of discontinuance. The court receptionist said that the county court was in Gloucester 'today' so that makes me think that some days it is in Gloucester and some days its in Cheltenham, it was maybe changed by the courts and i was never informed, who knows if DCBL were or not. My costs were a gallon of petrol and £3.40 for parking. I certainly don't want to end up in court again that's for sure but never say never lol. Its utterly disgusting the way these crooks can legally treat motorists but that's the uk for you. I'm originally from Scotland so it's good that they are not enforceable there but they certainly still try to get money out of you. I have to admit i have lost count of the pcn's i have received in the last 2 yr and 4 months since coming to England for work, most of them stop bothering you on their own eventually, it was just this one that they took it all the way. Like i mentioned in my WS the the likes of Aldi and other companies can get them cancelled but Mcdonalds refused to help me despite me being a very good customer.   brassednecked - many thanks   honeybee - many thanks   nicky boy - many thanks    
    • Huh? This is nothing about paying just for what I use - I currently prefer the averaged monthly payment - else i wouldn't be in credit month after month - which I am comfortable with - else I wold simply request a part refund - which I  would have done if they hadn't reduced my monthly dd after the complaint I raised (handled slowly and rather badly) highlighted the errors in their systems (one of which they do seem to have fixed) Are you not aware DD is always potentially variable? ah well, look it up - but my deal is a supposed to average the payments over a year, and i dont expect them to change payments (up or down) without my informed agreement ESPECIALLY when I'm in credit over winter.   You are happy with your smart meter - jolly for you I dont want one, dont have to have one  - so wont   I have a box that tells me my electricity usage - was free donkeys years ago and shows me everything I need to know just like a smart meter but doesnt need a smart meter,  and i can manually set my charges - so as a side effect - would show me if the charges from the supplier were mismatched. Doesn't tell me if the meters actually calibrated correctly - but neither does your smart meter. That all relies on a label and the competence of the testers - and the competence of any remote fiddling with the settings. You seem happy with that - thats fine. I'm not.    
    • Evening all,   So today, I was sent an updated offer that includes the £12.60 I spent on letters, but they have declined to add the interest at £7.40. They have stating 'We acknowledge your request to claim interest to date, however, this would be at the discretion of a trial judge if the claim did proceed to a trial hearing.' I think I am content with this outcome, and pushing this to a trial for a total interest of £15.30 throughout the claim does not make sense to me.   What are people's thoughts? I am sure our courts have better things to concentrate on?
    • FFRSG3424ListofEvidencepdf-V1 2-merged.pdfFFRSG3424ListofEvidencepdf-V1 2-merged.pdf 2pages T&C,s UCM
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4434 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Were you injured in the assault? are you suspended on full pay or sick or what? Please clarify.

How much is you wages? The figure seems very low to get rid of you, you are right to decline the offer. Was the offer in writing or verbal, if verbal it is not worth anything anyway, as they are just trying to find out how much it will take to get rid of you.

How long have you been at the company? There is a formula for making people redundant, although this is not a redundancy situation rather than they want to pay you off as they don't want to address the actual problem.

Have you got legal advice or are you relying on CAG?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not injured, she just kept tapping me to provoke me. I work part time and have worked there for just under 4 years. I am suspended on full pay althoguh I am not quite sure if I will receive any more payments since they are offering a compromise agrrement. I have had some advice from a friend whom said to write a stage 1 grivience (she works in HR) she felt that the letter sounded like they were dismissing me as there said it would be difficult for me to return and want me to name a price, based on this she felt I needed an official letter (as all are without prejudice) as if I am no longer an employee it is wrongful/unfair dismissal and the grounds for the decision. She also felt that the treatment was discriminatory.

basically I am at the bottom of the company and the youngest, and I am always made to know this to the point where I get called a child and who do I think I am and that this job isnt important and they can get anyone to do it amonst other things. I know that there is another individual there whom they want to give my job to as this person told my colleague that they were planning to make me redundant so they could merge our jobs together for the new person

That's not discrimination. I would be careful about what your HR friend is advising, as if she is telling you this she could be telling you it wrong. These are the areas that are protected http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2010/15/section/4 being "the youngest" is not one of them.

Have you all this in writing or are they merely talking to you?

perhaps you could tell us what the letter has said. It may very well be that they have effectively dismissed you and you need to take action. If you can anonymise the letter but tell us the wording that could be helpful.

Have you a union or legal Protection Insurance (look at home contents policy where you live.. your own or parents as you could be covered under theirs) for employment disputes? That may be you best route for legal advice if you have them.

Thank you for your email. I am sorry that you feel that our proposed offer is not acceptable.

When we first met on the and spoke about the situation I suggested possible exit strategies, which you indicated you were willing to consider. I do appreciate that you feel that there hasn’t been a satisfactory conclusion to your grievance but it is difficult to find a way forward. Whilst you say you wish to return to work in September, I am very aware that tensions are still ongoing and this would be a difficult scenario for you to return to.

In an attempt to move things forward I would be grateful if you would give me an indication of what you consider would be a fair monetary settlement to consider, in the hope that we can bring closure to this unhappy situation. Please can you let me have your thoughts. You can also contact me at any point if you have any questions or wish to discuss things further.

I look forward to hearing from you,

in regards to this letter I actually said that I didnt want to leave but she said just consider all options and I said ok

I think you need to write to them clarifying your position, unless you have done so already of course.

You need to tell them exactly what your position is.

They obviously have instituted a Grievance Procedure already. can you tell us what that letter said? Did you go to the Appeal process? if not then you should be considering that when you write to them clarifying your position.

It is not up to you to make offers... they are the ones wanting to disengage. By making an offer you are, in fact, accepting the necessity to leave. Are their letters headed "without Prejudice" or not?

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

I have been having alot of problems at work for around a year and a half and in March I was verbally abused by my work collegue whom also pushed me. I put a grievance in following which was upheld, yet I have still been kept off of work for a month so far until the situation is sorted, for my own safety yet the other individual is still at work. I have been treated differently and even the manager has been treating me badly she doesnt even talk to me anymore as she is very good friends with the other individual and it is a small company. I have told my manager previously about other situations and she just laughs about it. I even put in a complaint previously about the way that I am treated at work which was simply ignored.

I was off of work for months due to this, although the other party involved put in a counter grievance and it was held that part of hers was also upheld (in that I had been hostile towards her) which is true although this is because of the treatment that I had received. I had since asked for the minutes and was told that I could not get them due to confidentiality. It was suggested that mediation should be taken in order to give the company feedback to which I agreed and the other party didnt. As this was not agreed to I said that I was not willing to go back to the workplace until mediation was sort as my workplace should be made safe. Although they said mediation was no longer an option as the other party was not willing.:sad: One of the board members suggested that I should just go back and see how it goes and that in his opinion we should both with draw our grievances.

As this was not a option I have now been offered a compromise agreement. I did ask the individual who proposed this offer if there was any other option and she said no.

I replied saying that I am not willing to take the offer and would just like to return to work in which she said that due to the tension it is not appropriate for me to return as there is tension and it is difficult to find a way forward. Thus in order to move forward I should give a indication of what I feel to be a fair monetry settlement. After stating that this would constitute to unfair dismissal as I was not will to agree to this they let me back to work. No mediation took place I have basically gone back into the same situation.

I have now been back for around 5 months and it is very hostile within the workplace to the point where certain members of staff no longer talk to me including the owner of the company. Since being back I have even had a member of the management team supervising me every day I am at work which I feel to be very overbearing I have even made a complaint about it but she said she is just seeing how the company works I also said about staff being very hostile towards me to which she said it is to be expected, I also had a supervision meeting in which the manager whom has been watching me every week told my supervisor to tell me that I am very withdrawn and sullen. My supervisor made it clear to me that she does not agree although the manager said if she didnt tell me this then the manager would have to. I do not feel as though I am I make an effort to talk to everyone even more so as I do not want there to be any cause for complaints, this is just to name some of what is going on but also I have not been invited to the Christmas party I would like to know if there is any action that I could take against the company.

Your in a difficult position. Other than grievances I cant see any legal action you can take while still being employed.What would be your ideal outcome? as

If you wanted to stay I could only think of trying to resolve this matter with all informally or by raising grievances, but as you probably know, this latter option can cause more conflict than it resolves. Instead of mediation, you may want to put forward the idea of arbitration, but this is to decide something and unless there is an issue to decide on it may not be appropriate. Other than that I am stuck.

If you wanted to leave it may be a good idea to raise the idea of the compromise and outline the strengths of your case in order to negotiate more money (plus speak to the solicitor they should pay for).

Hi honeyb

Please have a look at the ACAS Website it is full of useful information and you can also call them for advice.

The website link is: www.acas.org.uk

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys,

I have been having alot of problems at work it started when an collegue became very agressive with me at work and pushed me, I put in a grievance and it caused me alot of problems, I was off for months and when there hearing came around it was in my favour, she then done a counter claim and it was not in her favour it was suggested that mediation take place to which she refused so the company said there was nothing that they could do and offered me a compromised agreement to leave, which I refused.

Since this time I have had nothing but trouble upon my return to work my collegue threatened to hand in her resignation (this is a small company) which made it very hard for me, certain individuals stopped talking to me including senior management. I no longer get invites to work events such as the christmas parties, i even get blamed for errors that have not been done by myself. I have overbearing supervision which never happened before and negative reviews in which the company paint me in a negative light.

When I do voice my opinion I get told that I am wrong and there is always a reason for everything, i.e a breakdown in communication even inregards to not being invited to the xmas party I was told that the database must have missed me :sad:.

My manager has also raised concerns as to how the company have been treated me and I have a feeling that they are going to offer me a compromised agreement, when they offered this before it was just over £1000 which I don't feel is enough for the way they have treated me. I am wondering if there are any other options for me maybe there are grounds for a tribunal claim, if so how would I go about it would I have to write some sort of letter to my employers and communicate this with them? Also should I hand in my resignation.

Thank you in advance

Edited by honeyb1234

Hello there.

I'm sorry you haven't had any replies yet, but I'm sure the guys will be along later.

It's unlikely anyone here will advise you to resign, it's usually better to wait for the employer to take action.

You need to have reasons to go to a tribunal - is this something you have read up on? You could start with the ACAS website and I'll post up something from directgov if I can. ACAS have a helpline you might like to ring.

Lastly, do you have any previous threads that relate to this please?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum