Small claims court CCJ

cagjohn
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4615 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have receive a demand for £250 + costs of £48.

To cut a long story short I lost my job at the start of this year and picked up some part time work. I am/was a graphic designer and the guy paid me to work on a brochure. The guy was going to pay me £1000 in total which sounds like a lot (and it is to me) but it is about 3 weeks work but i was glad of the money. The guy paid me this £250 in advance and I started the job with some files. But the job fell through and the guy asked for his money back even though i have already done about 4 days work and it wasnt my fault the job fell through. I said that I didnt have it at first but when he got nasty I offered to pay back in drips and drabs.

I dont have the original court documents but to be honest since I lost my job I have had some money troubles that were already bad before and I did throw away some envelopes as I was feeling down and couldnt face it. I know you are all reading this thinking im an idiot and i know know but cant change this now.

Until this court document came through I had heard nothing but now I need to find even more money and I dont think this is fair and is a real kick in the teeth right now.

I heard about the law being strict, and the judgement is against Jonny Smith not my real name of John Smith. (smith isnt my real name but i think you get the point).

Am I grasping at straws or do you think that I should just find the money from somewhere and pay it?

I havent seen any papers but being honest here this may be down to me i really cant say 100% and not sure what to do now.

Edited by cagjohn
missed a word

sorry, i didnt understand. i didnt see court papers until this week.

i have a cheque that he paid me and i gave him an invoice for the deposit. i wasnt employed but self employed and i even regsitered for stamp to keep it all above board. does that make more sense tom?

as the court is in his favour, i think that they must agree. i also know that his missus is quite clued up and so she probably knew what to do and say.