Help court case tomorrow against Sherforce

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4615 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I am not sure if you remember me I posted a message 4 weeks ago cos Sherforce turned up at my door and took my car even though I had paid them an initial lump sum of £1000 and made an arrangement to pay them £100 per month towards a £5000 debt owed by me to Islington Council. I had been paying the instalments to Sherforce for 3 months when they turned up at my door and said that their client (Islington Council ) had rejected the offer - the first I heard of it was when the HCE turned up at my door demanding I pay off the debt in full or have my car taken - I said I didn't have it and she took my car. I later got a call from Sherforce saying I can have my car back if I paid a £2000 lump sum and agreed to pay £250 a month instalmentally towards the debt.

I posted on here and you advised me to apply for a Stay which was granted and I am due to go to Court tomorrow I just really need your help to know what to say and do. Do I increase my monthly payments or just keep it at the £100 per month. also how do I get my car back and what do I do about Sheforce's fines they have added another £1000 and do I discuss all this at the hearing

Please please help case is tomorrow

Have flagged your htread for assistance. For those looking in. Here is the original thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?315333-Please-Help-I-am-sick-with-worry-and-Sherforce-have-taken-my-car

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

You need to take evidence of all your payments.

You will be asked what repayments you can afford. Be honest with the court..offer as much as you can.

Take a completed income and expenditure form with you.

Re the car. Explain you were making the payments, for which you have evidence. Explain you were not told this arrangement was not sufficient for the council. They took payments and you only knew it wasn't enough when the bailiff came and took the car.

Explain you need the car for work and without it your income would suffer. Tell the court you were not informed of the court action (which is why u got a stay).

Ask for a complete breakdown of the charges applied as you feel they were unfairly charged as you were making payments against the debt.

Take copies of receipts / documents and income n expenditure form for both the judge and sherforce.

Remember..they are nt placing u in jail..they are nt taking ur home. Relax..the Judge will be fair.

Most courts have an advocacy office...speak to someone there..they may be able to come in with u.

Good luck, let us know how it goes

PM from tomtubby to look in....I will reply by PM to you, as it is not a good idea to discuss your options on open forum and let Sherforce have an advantage.

WD

Thankyou