Anyone received this letter about PPI from Capital One?

nikkiandmidgets
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6423 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received letter about my PPI (Must have received an earlier one but with everything going on I cant remember it? Will have to dig through my pile of paperwork.Has anyone else received a similar one?

September 2006

Dear Mrs XXXXXXX

IMPORTANT: Have you read and understood the Payment Protection Insurance Policy Document we recently sent you?

It is important that you have read and understood the Policy Document we recently sent you relating to the Payment Protection insurance you have taken out on your Capital One credit card. This document details important information relating to your policy so please ensure that you have:

read the policy Documents carefully - in particular the Policy Summary section

checked that you are eligible for this product, full details are set out in section 2 of

the policy document

made yourself familiar with the exclusions and limitations relating to your Payment

Protection Insurance, full details are set out in the Policy Document.

checked that the insurance cover provided by this policy is right for you

If you would like another copy of this document please contact us on the number below.

We hope that you will still find that this Payment Protection Insurance is of value to you. However, should you believe this insurance cover is not right for you, you may cancel by 16th November 2006 to receive a full refund of your premiums paid. Full details of your right to cancel can be found at section 7.1 of the enclosed Policy Document.

If you decide to cancel your Payment Protection Insurance or you have any questions about the above please call us on freephone 0800 422 0289. We're here 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 8.30am-5pm on Saturday.

Once again accept our apologies for any confusion or inconvenience caused by this mistake.

Yours sincerely

xxxx

My daughter has screwed up my keyboard so rhs of keyboard not working so lots of cutting and pasting and not able 2 type much at moment!

Nikki

kk

Nikkiandmidgets Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Capital One (2) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelims sent 20/10/06, LBA's sent 16/11/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Citi credit card - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelim sent 9/10/06, LBA sent 28/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Egg (4) - S.A.R. sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidget Vs Littlewoods (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Blackhorse - Prelim sent 20/10/06 requesting £125 charges to be refunded. LBA sent 16/11/06.

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Welcome Finance (Macadam Finance) - S.A.R and C.C.A request sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

My Mum Vs Capital One - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Citi - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs SLC - S.A.R and C.C.A sent 09/10/06

Husband Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

Any thought? I have two cards but have only received this for one of them. Will this complicate things for claiming charges if I cancel and get refund. Also would I have paid interest on this money, or should I claim interest from them?!

Nikkiandmidgets Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Capital One (2) - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelims sent 20/10/06, LBA's sent 16/11/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Citi credit card - S.A.R sent 11/09/06, Prelim sent 9/10/06, LBA sent 28/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Egg (4) - S.A.R. sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidget Vs Littlewoods (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Blackhorse - Prelim sent 20/10/06 requesting £125 charges to be refunded. LBA sent 16/11/06.

Nikkiandmidgets Vs Welcome Finance (Macadam Finance) - S.A.R and C.C.A request sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Halifax - S.A.R sent 11/09/06

My Mum Vs Capital One - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs Citi - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

My Mum Vs SLC - S.A.R and C.C.A sent 09/10/06

Husband Vs BOS (3) - S.A.R sent 20/10/06

Guest ian cognito

The payments are usually base don the outstanding balance so in theory you would have paid interest but only a very small amount (assuming the balance isn't in the millions!!)

Think the general opinion is that these policies are a wate of time and money.

Cancelling it is a right you hold so it won't affect your claim.

I have received two of these letters I have replied to the first one and they said that I would receive a refund plus any interest, However I have now just received a second one stating the sme and giving me until the 16th November to reply. The point is that I only have one card.

Should I reply to this.....?

Datxman v Lloyds TSB 2006 ** WON** 27/2/2006

With no conditions

Datxman v Capital One 2006

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent - July 2006

Non-compliance letter sent - 11/09/2006

enforcement letter sent - 11/09/2006

Statements finally received - 27/09/06

Prelim Letter - sent 28/09/06 - £540

Lowell has bought the debt and I have asked them to wipe it clean due to lack of funds

Datxman v Barclaycard 2006

Won no conditions

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]Time is running out for the banks :)

Guest ian cognito

It would probably be easier to give them a ring and ask if its been sent in error, I know the general advice is to do everything by letter but int his case its a waste of time and effort to keep writing if its just their admin at fault and they seem to be quite reasonable at dealing with things over the phone.

I got a letter a few weeks ago saying thats about a claim i had put in which was rejected will be paid as i knew nothing about the terms and conditions ect ect. I got another letter today saying that i can cancel and receive a refund. I am tempted to do this but would they take the money back which they have now paid for my old claim?

alexthekid