BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3032 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there,

My court fines have been passed on to Marstons because i forgot to make a couple of payments, I live with my partner and it is her tenancy. She has been and sworn a statutory deceleration that all goods in the premises belong solely to her etc etc...I have also just sent a letter attached with a copy of the statutory declaration by recorded delivery to Marston group.

Today while we was out a bailiff attended the house and left a removal notice with his details etc stating that if payment is not made in full a further visit without notice will be made to remove goods. I was hoping to be there when they came so as to give them a couple of letters along with a copy of my partners statutory dec.

My worry is can they just turn up and force entry having never actually spoken to me, and once they receive a copy of the stat dec, are they legally obliged to accept that? and therefore accept that there is no goods for them to levy in the property??

thanks for any advice

stressed

I can't answer your question but I am having bailiff trouble with another company for council tax and they told me they wouldnt accept a stat dec. But from my experiences they lie about everything and seeing as it's a legal document surely they should be accepting it?

Hi there,

My court fines have been passed on to Marstons because i forgot to make a couple of payments, I live with my partner and it is her tenancy. She has been and sworn a statutory deceleration that all goods in the premises belong solely to her etc etc...I have also just sent a letter attached with a copy of the statutory declaration by recorded delivery to Marston group.

Today while we was out a bailiff attended the house and left a removal notice with his details etc stating that if payment is not made in full a further visit without notice will be made to remove goods. I was hoping to be there when they came so as to give them a couple of letters along with a copy of my partners statutory dec.

My worry is can they just turn up and force entry having never actually spoken to me, and once they receive a copy of the stat dec, are they legally obliged to accept that? and therefore accept that there is no goods for them to levy in the property??

thanks for any advice

stressed

don't let them in, offer them the stat dec through the letterbox, and read a few threads on marstons, don't phone them unless you can record the call. they should accept it but likely they won't, others who know more will be along soon i'm sure to help you further

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Hi there,

thanks for any advice

stressed

The letter(s) are having the desired effect - to put you into panic mode. If they have never been in your home or otherwise made a levy on goods outside then the chances are they will never obtain an Order from the Court allowing them to force an entry. They will eventually have to return the case back to the Court. Surely if you are on a low income or benefits you can submit a Means Test at the Court. If you have your Stat Dec done then leave a copy affixed to your door marked for the attention of your new best friend, send a copy initially by email to the Bailiffs followed by a copy in the post. Above all do not open the door to them but speak through the letter box or an upstairs window.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

cheers guys,

So this removal notice they shoved through my door is nothing official from the courts allowing them to force entry?? and just scare mongering?? they have already added over £300 to the original amount!!

Sent reply to your PM

WD

Thank you WD, your inbox is full by the way so cannot reply at moment..many thanks again :)

im looking for advice with regards to my fine being passed on to marstons.

how long is it before they pass it back to the court?

what decides if/when they do?

what happened in the end of this case?

Hi Davidcl...In the end I guess you could say I won, I stood my ground, refused to enter into verbal dialogue with the bailiffs and in the end it was returned to court where I was able to continue making my payments :)