style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3556 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

can anyone please advise . i lost my job in Nov last year and my world came to a halt. I have several debts . I primarily contacted everyone and advisd of my situation and cancelled all dd from my bank .

Essex and Suffolk water at that time I owed £65 when I contaced them they would not accept any offer to discharge the rest of the years liability over a a few months and were adamant they were taking me to court .

They were so rude and aggresive , the rest were not much better , however they took me to court for the £65 plus this years liability plus legal fees etc , today I received a copy of the warrant from the court.

I must admit I could not deal with anything I was suddenly being treated like a criminal , spoken to rudely and frequently patronised by these companies , even though I had never previously missed any payments, and since then i have buried my head in the sand . I have never been in this situation before and am still desperately trying to get a job . I only receive JSA .

The warrant states the bailiff will attend , can they force entry with a warrant of execution . I have nothing in the house worth taking .

Hi rhatt

The guys will be happy to advise as soon as they are available.

Thread moved to the correct forum.

In the meantime read 7 and 8 in my signature.

Each water board is supposed to have a scheme (like a charity) for people in real hardship, you could apply to them to have the bill paid.

I have never done this myself so I cant help you further I just know they are supposed to exist.

edit == it is apparently called watersure (Leaflet here see page 5 - Headed Protection Scheme)

also some employers have benevolent funds like BT or Civil service for example (employees pay in and can then claim if they need to). If you (or your partner) have ever worked for one of these (no matter how long ago) you are eligible to apply for help (widows and widowers can also apply)

Long shot I know but worth a try.

Edited by rdm2006

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

I assume as the CC Bailiff has been instructed you did not defend this action or make offer of payment. You should complete Form N245 and apply for a Variation Order and also a Suspension of the Warrant until the Variation Order is heard. There is a fee to pay but if on a low wage or certain benefits this can be waived see Form EX160 for details. Both Forms available via the Courts website.

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thankyou both for your advise , I didnt defend the claim I am afraid I have been in a dark place for some time I dont even open the letters anymore as they are all full of threats . I will look up the the charity and go to the court tomorrow .

I did contact E&S in January , they were the worst creditor I contacted , the person on the end of the phone was so rude and adamant that they were going to take me to court for £65 , I did offer to pay it over four months, before this years liability became due , bearing in mind I had contacted them to advise them I had cancelled the dd , I had not at that point missed any payments to them !.

Sorry watersure is not what I thought it was (but usefull to know). The thing I did think it was may no longer be running because I cant find it at Severn Trent either which is where i got the info from about 7 years ago but I will keep looking.

Watersure may be useful for future reference though

;)

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

I have found the severn trent one = Severn trent Trust Fund There should also be one for your area

;)