Lloyds TSB, can I reopen claim? Credit Card PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, looking for some advice on re-opening a claim with Lloyds TSB on credit card PPI refund.

A few years ago, I wrote to them requesting a refund of PPI premiums paid due to the fact that I was a student when I opened the credit card and was not working and therefore not eligible for the cover.

The reply I received a few years later stated that I was not entitled to a refund as once I had ceased to be a student and gone into full time work (3 years after I got the card) I would have been covered by the insurance.

At the time I thought that was it, but now that I've done more research and the court case has come to a close I am wondering if I should write to them again. I'm sure it should be considered misspelling to apply a product to a customers account that they are not eligible for at the time of account opening, but 'might' be covered by at some point in the future.

If it helps, I still have the card, with a small amount of the balance remaining, but I no longer spend on it, only repay a portion of the debt each month, I believe the amount is slightly about the minimum.

Advice appreciated!

Hi all, looking for some advice on re-opening a claim with Lloyds TSB on credit card PPI refund.

A few years ago, I wrote to them requesting a refund of PPI premiums paid due to the fact that I was a student when I opened the credit card and was not working and therefore not eligible for the cover.

The reply I received a few years later stated that I was not entitled to a refund as once I had ceased to be a student and gone into full time work (3 years after I got the card) I would have been covered by the insurance.

At the time I thought that was it, but now that I've done more research and the court case has come to a close I am wondering if I should write to them again. I'm sure it should be considered misspelling to apply a product to a customers account that they are not eligible for at the time of account opening, but 'might' be covered by at some point in the future.

If it helps, I still have the card, with a small amount of the balance remaining, but I no longer spend on it, only repay a portion of the debt each month, I believe the amount is slightly about the minimum.

Advice appreciated!

Hiya, Yes you can claim back your PPI. You should have automatically had a letter from Lloyds when the court case was lost by them a month or so ago. They should never have sold you PPI when you were a student as you have to be in full time employment, the fact that you went on to be employed 3 years later is irrelevant. You should claim back your money asap for the last 6 years which would be quite a sum, I know I got 4,500 and that was only from 2 years PPI. Claim it back straightaway. and in a few weeks you will have it all refunded. Good luck

yes ofcourse you can get it all back

there is no time limit to how far you can go back either.

pers i'd follow the stuff on the FOS website,

fill in a customer complaint form & do an SOC

fire those off to lloyds

the info you need and several Llyods claim thread can be found here or in the lloyds forums

or use our advanced search for

lloyds PPI reclaim.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My brother complained to Lloyds a few years ago on the basis that he was mis-sold PPI when he was self employed. They rejected his claim and he left it at that but has recently complained again and they have now offered him £2,200 (probably a small proportion of what he is actually due so he is currently pursuing it further).

Thanks everyone - certainly spurred me on, I'll take a look on the FOS website and go from there.

I'll keep this thread updated in case there's anyone else in the same situation, which I'm sure there is. I only thought to look into it again as a friend has just had success with Barclays and PPI!