style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2953 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi everyone,

here my story and I hope you have an idea where I could start from claiming my money and whether I have at all a chance to ever see it again. Thank in advance for reading it and for all your ideas!

After a great holiday, my partner and I wanted to take a Turkish airlines flight from Istanbul to Brussels this morning. We arrived at the airport around 1 1/2 hours before the flight and went to the check-in. Turkish Airlines had only two general queues for all their flights and it was very long. However, we queued as it seemed there was plenty time until the usual 45 minutes deadline. Anyway, there was no one to ask and we didn´t want to be trouble-makers pushing ourselved through the queue without any permission.

Only when we were in the first row we saw a small sign that check-in time at Turkish Airlines already one hour before the flight. We remained calm as we were litterally standing in front of the counter ready for check-in and we were finally called to the counter at around 55 minutes before departure.

We were told that we were too late and that staff had called in the queue that people for the flight should come forward. I am 100 % sure they did not call "Brussels" or at least it was inaudible - already a bit nervous, both my partner had been listening and watching carefully what was going on around us.

After a fruitless discussion with very unfriendly staff we were denied boarding passes. We had to buy new tickets with another airline which cost us 305 Euros each and which ended up in a very long day of travelling on non-direct flights. I was given a complaint form but Turkish Airlines said they did not have any further information on complaint procedures or on passenger rights.

The new tickets were a lot of money for my partner and me, so if you have any ideas how to proceed please let me know.

Lucylike

Edited by lucylike
Tags

paid by card how about chargeback?

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets