style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3557 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I was in a Student House for a year from June 09 - June 10, and I had BT phone and Broadband during that time. The contract was started in August. Once we left I cancelled the contract, and assumed that was the end of it.

Of course not. Came home from holiday yesterday evening to find a Formal Demand from Past Due Credit Solutions on behalf of BT for the address I was in of about £250, dated 29th of July 11 demanding payment by August 8th.

Called PDCS right away, and they told me they weren't handling this case anymore, and to call BT. Called BT and they have no record of me calling to cancel, or of it being cancelled. They said they'd sent emails and letter demands (to an adress I was no longer at, and an @btinternet.com email address I didn't know I had), and that the bill covered up to October 10, plus £50 collectors fees. They gave me a number for their overarching debt payment service, and wouldn't budge.

Of course, being naive with bills and processes, being a student paying my first bills, I have no confirmation of cancellation, or really anything apart from one phone bill. Is there anything I can do about this, or am I going to have to grin and bear it and pay what should have been split between 4 of us if paid at all?

BT are the biggest bunch of imcompetent fools I ahve come across - and that takes some doing. Submit a FORMAL COMPLAINT to them and then complain to OFCOM when they ignore you.

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!

you owe nothing

just a spoofing exerciseto gain more money from a mug

ignore them

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No it is their word against yours, stick to your guns and just repeat to them that you cancelled the contract in line with their T&C's, if they think they know differently then they should take action, action which you will be able to successfully defend.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Boo is right. Anyway, you did cancel in writing. Yuo are a student and crap at filling/keeping records.

:lol:

Successfully claimed back mis-sold PPI (Barclays Bank) 2009-10 (£8500)

Ran a paid-for DMP. Deeply respect those who self-manage a DMP; it is possible to do with the help of fellow CAGGERS

Offered F&F to all my creditors. All closed out including a particularly intransigent and stubborn one - who eventually saw sense after 10 months of nonsense!

Does not condone debt avoidance but violently disagrees with the antics of debt collectors and their behavior towards the ones trying to pay. I am a great believer in what goes around, comes around. Keep up the good fight!