• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Gregory Pennington DMP charged me PPI **WON FROM STERLING GROUP**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1753 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I've recently found papers concerning Gregory Pennington, I used them to help me managed my debts,(before I was aware of CAG).

I noticed that I was paying £12.75 per month to Stirling Insurance (PPI).

Would I be able claim back this money.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes off you go!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

surely there must be something in writing

scan up what you have found:

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi dx,

I've been through all the doc's and apart from the monthly statements there is only one with a direct reference to PPI.

It is as follows.

"As a valued client you will benefit from our unique Payment Protection Programme.

This will provide you with the peace of mind that in the event you find yourself out of work as the result of accident,illness or unemployment,through no fault of your own,

your monthly payment to the programme will be maintained.

A booklet containing the full details will be enclosed with your welcome pack.

Please take a few moments to read through it to make sure it is suitable for you.

The cover is included in your monthly payment and has been calculated at £7.50 per £100.00 of cover."

I don't have all the monthly statements but I was with them from 2001 through 2005.

So just calling it four years would make the PPI approx' £684.

Does this info help....CJ.

what about the interest they charged you?

if they did not

then YOU can add 8% stat from the date of each payment to the date of your claim.

you really need some info here , like all the statements...

you could try an SAR, but they might well say theat its been destroyed as over 6yrs old.

dx

and they

• 1 year later...

This is a follow up to a query that I raised re Gregory pennington.

Various things have happened and I let this matter slide,

however,I've decided to follow through on this.

I phoned the FOS yesterday and they told me that Gregory Pennington do not come under their authority.

They recommended that I first raise a complaint of mis-selling with GP and when they issue a final response, which will be negative,

I should then write a similar letter to Sterling Finance who under wrote the policy

.Sterling Finance DO come under the authority of the FOS.

I notice that "hippyminky" raised a similar complaint on 15/11/11, so this might be of help to them.

Could someone tell me where I can find the appropriate template letter for this.

did you send an sar?

dx

and they

No I haven't sent one as yet.

In fact as the FOS have told me that they have no authority over Pennington I thought that I would just send off a PPI claim letter to them, knowing that they would knock me back, and then SAR Sterling Insurance as they do come under the authority of the FOS.

nothing to do with them

dx

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I was with GP and being charged PPI. Tthe FOS are handling it, going after Sterling Insurance.

I put GP with FOS, who then chased Sterling Insurance.

You can Sterling Insurance details on web, contact them and if no luck fill out FOS form and put them in.

According to FOS, Sterling Insurance has admitted liabilty, but be aware, its a long wait.

Interesting, My partner had an IVA thru Grant Thornton will need to check paperwork see if there's any mention of ppi.

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.”

• 2 weeks later...

matters not

just dont PAY for a reclaim

and

dont PAY for debt management

dx

and they

• 5 years later...

This is picking up from a long time ago.

On 29/05/2018 I sent a SAR letter to Gregory Pennington which they acknowledged and sent back details of my account with them ( from 9/10/2001 until 22/12/2004)

after going through the monthly statements I calculated that the total PPI plus interest came to £1424.28.

I wrote to them 2/07/2018 stating that I did not agree to the PPI and requested they repay all in full.

I got a letter from them 12/7/2018 in which they said they were investigating my claim and another 2/8/2018 in which they said that they were not yet in a position to provide me with a final response.

Today I received a letter dismissing my claim completely....

It's scanned and attached.

Could you tell me if I have grounds to carry this further.

img20180820_19364148.pdf

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

find out who the insurance underwriters were [should be in the sar]

they would have been regulated under GISC .

https://cse.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-8889411648654839:6449422593&ie=UTF-8&q=GISC&sa=Search+CAG

and they

Good give em the same ppi letter then etc

and they

I looked up GP and Sterling and found a post on another website where someone states that they took their complaint to the FOS and after many months were told that the FOS could nothing and it was suggested that they take GP to court.

with regards sending a PPI letter to Sterling what kind of reaction do you think it might trigger from them.

It seems that to be able to claim PPI beyond 2005 you have to be able to prove a link between the policy and the underwriter, how do you do that.

happy to send off a PPI claim to Sterling but I won't know what to put in the Account Number box,

also I believe that the address may be on an earlier post but it could have changed over the years,

plus looking on the net there are quite a few insurance companies using that name in one form or other.

you appear to be looking to give them a way out.

just send then the same info you did to GP.

just adapt it .

and they

I don't want to give them a way out dx, I really want to nail them. Especially after the dismissive letter they sent me. There are just two boxes on the spreadsheet that I'm not sure of...Lender Name..and Account Number. Also does anyone have a current address for Sterling Insurance.

https://register.fca.org.uk/

Lender Name..and Account Number

eh?

greedy pennies

your DMP number

and they