Hutchinson 3G ID FRAUD 2 Contracts - Cancelled - But Effecting Credit Rating

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

Wonder if you can advise how I should deal with this scenario;

I am a previous 3 contract customer - cancelled in Feb/Mar 2011, settled final bill in March2011.

April 2011 - I receive 2 Three Welcome letters (1 X Ipad, 1 X Iphone) for new contracts. I'm straight on the phone to 3 - speak to someone in India - after 15 minutes of talking the chap on the end of the phone starts to understand that I'm saying I did not take these contracts out and it looks like this is a fraud. After a further 30 minutes of talking/holding we verify the bank details given on both contracts are not mine (I also checked my accounts and no DD's have been set-up or financial loss incurred) and he states he will block both phones and the account and pass the details to be investigated.

April 2011 - I go to my local Police station to try and register Identity Theft - Police not interested as no financial loss incurred - give me a dedicated ID theft phone number to call. Call the number, again only interested in talking nothing else.

July 2011 - Apply for a new credit card - rejected.

August 2011 - Apply for a new credit card with my bank as I'm 'guaranteed acceptance' - rejected.

August 2011 - Check my equifax statutory credit report and the 2 fraudulent Three phone contracts are showing as live and in 2 months of arrears.

I'm quite savvy when it comes to being secure and shred everything and don't give out my details to just anyone.

So I have been racking my brains as to how someone has managed to open these two mobile contracts.

I believe the next steps are to;

1. Complain to Three about these two fraudulent mobile phone contracts which are still live and arrears registering on my credit file despite being told they are 'blocked' back in April 2011. Also request they are removed from my credit file.

2. Write to the credit reference agencies advising them of the facts and that my record needs to be corrected.

3. If 1 or 2 isn't successful - write to the financial ombudsman.

Any advice greatfully appreciated as this is the first time I have ever been refused credit and I have to rethink the purchase I needed the CC for :(

Thanks,

Mark.

Edited by markie76

Hi

I don't know if you have heard of this site or not

http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/report_fraud

Reporting will give you a crime number.

I would be complaining-in writing-to Three and placing notices of correction on your credit file while this is being sorted out.

You could also try this chap

[email protected]

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi

I don't know if you have heard of this site or not

http://www.actionfraud.org.uk/report_fraud

Reporting will give you a crime number.

Hi silverfox.

Yes, actionfraud.org.uk were the site I initially tried - I chose the option to report online and filled out the form and got to the end and it said

"If the phone or internet provider has asked the victim to report the fraud to the police we can not take the report here. The victim needs to report the fraud to their local police force as soon as possible."

Therefore I went to my local police station and they weren't interested, despite telling them this and gave me an actionfraud leaflet with phone number highlighted. I telephoned actionfraud (with the intention of reporting and getting a crime reference number) but the woman seemed to mirror the police by saying because there was no financial loss there is nothing to report. We chatted (close to arguing) for around 30 minutes going round in circles with me sticking to my guns that this is still fraud if someone is taking out contracts (credit agreements) with my details - but she stuck to her line about no financial loss and then reeled off a speech which sounded from a script. So half an hour completely wasted......!!!

So what are we supposed to do when actionfraud reporting option tells us to go to the police and the police send us back to actionfraud????

I'll fire off an email to david once I've submitted my complaint. With Three I feel their business practise is to ignore all initial communication and only do something if the customer contacts them a second time

Thanks,

Mark.

Edited by markie76

OK, letter sent - BUT I'm worried about this....

These are 2 high value 24 month contracts - which haven't received any payments and from the credit report look very much still LIVE. The mobile phone numbers on the letters both say unavailable - try later but that doesn't mean anything.

If 3 are uncooperative - then whats the next move?

If 3 instruct baliffs in my name - what then?

Thanks,

Mark

Firstly, These are not your debts!

Secondly, 3 don't do court. They flog debts on to a DCA and let them do the chasing. DCA's are easy to see off although it can take some time

Thirdly, no bailiff is going to call. The only time a bailiff can call is if the creditor/DCA take you to court and they win followed by your failure to pay the judgement. Then the claimant can go back to court to get a bailiff involved so you can see, nothing to worry about.

If 3 decide not to do anything or ignore you, you can go to the ombudsman

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

• 3 weeks later...

*** UPDATE ***

07/09/11 - Got a call from the Three Executive office who have looked into this.

The gentleman stated the name of the store where the 2 mobile phone contracts were taken out/purchased - he said as it was a store purchase it uses a different system to existing customers and therefore this would not have been flagged at the time the person is an existing customer, IMO is a serious business procedure flaw. BUT whoever was making the purchase would have to provide 'proofs' which would have been copied and retained with the application.

He has requested these from the store but isn't getting much response. He has therefore spoken with the stores area manager who is visiting it today and they will pursue the store for the 'proofs'.

Depending what they are, they will then need me to provide copies of my documents - if a passport or driving licence was used.

I was told to expect a response before the weekend.

However, the language used still gave the impression they don't believe me and like they were speaking to a suspect :evil::evil::evil:

And they are completely disregarding the previous 'fraudulent upgrade' on my monthly contract as something that could be connected and treating it as irrelevant.

Very curious to the outcome from the area manager and the 'proofs' - but I have a feeling I'll be going to the ombudsman.

WHoever I have ever spoken to within 3 (except shop staff) I always get the same negative disinterested vibe - their new recruit training department must be the best in the world to align all their staff into the same mindset...

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE

After not hearing anything for 2 weeks I emailed the executive office stating they promised me an update before the weekend 2 weeks ago.

Got a call from the same guy as before. He appologised and stated they are getting zero response to their requests from the store where the contracts where taken out and also zero from the area manager of that store.

For those reasons they are going to cancel both these fraudulent contracts outright from their system and wipe out the commission paid to the store for them. Also the submissions made to the credit reference agencies will be deleted - but it may take upto 28 days.

I now have that in writing.

So a result but it still sounds fishy to me.

For good measure I have subscribed to CIFAS protection in case anything else is attempted against my good name.

Thx

Excellent. Now that you have it in writing you should be fine. The bull that it takes 28 days gets me though. All they have to do is push a couple of buttons and it's done.

Make sure you keep checking your file till this has vanished

• 5 months later...

Anyone who is being harassed by Lowell or Hampton for 3G accounts prior to June 2006 should check out the OFCOM ruling ref CW00888/01/06. Google 3G complaints may 2006. It gives many reasons why 3G terms and conditions were unfair.3 changed the terms to comply. If 3 try and send you terms and conditions after the date u signed insist on the set you agreed to.