Getting Text messages to call Bryan Carter Solicitors urgently

mm2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

A couple of months ago I started getting regular missed calls and later txt messages from Fredrickson Internaltional to contact them urgently. After a quick googling I realised they were dodgy debt collection people and checked my credt file from Experian. When i relaised, as expected that everything was in order, I dont have any debts other than the credit cards and mortgage that I am paying, I thought I had nothing to worry about. So I just ignored these texts and sure enough they stopped about month ago.

This week I have started to receive a daily ext from Bryan Carter Solicitors. The message reads:

"This is an URGENT message. Please contact Bryan Carter Solicotrs on 02031478411 quoting reference no xxxxxxx. Thank you."

I have checked my credit file and have asked the banks if they have instructed any 3rd party to chase any debts. I am paying the minimm amount on 2 credit cards by direct debit.

I had thought if they were genuine then I ought to have received something in writing from them rather than just missed calls or text. but reading some of the tales from people on this forum makes me very anxious. What do you suggest I do?

Kind regards

MM2

Sounds like a phishing exercise on their part. Probably best to ignore them until such a time as they actually put something in writing to you. Sounds like they haven't a clue who you are and want you to contact them so that they can start hassling you over a debt that more than likely, from what you say, isn't anything to do with you anyway.

NEVER, EVER, EVER phone these people. If they were certain they were contacting the right person then they would have your address and would be happy to put everything in writing to you.

Sounds like a phishing exercise on their part. Probably best to ignore them until such a time as they actually put something in writing to you. Sounds like they haven't a clue who you are and want you to contact them so that they can start hassling you over a debt that more than likely, from what you say, isn't anything to do with you anyway.

NEVER, EVER, EVER phone these people. If they were certain they were contacting the right person then they would have your address and would be happy to put everything in writing to you.

Thank you for the response Mrs Blackadder.

I have been of the similar opinion and ignored them in the past. But reading a recent posting on this forum from someone who came to know long afterwards that this company had indeed managed to register a CCJ against them without even their knowledge has made me worried that companies can do that. I have been at my current address for 3 years and ocassionaly mail still comes to my old address but thankfully the people living there pass onto me any mail they get for me. usually just junk mail anyway.

One of the advices on this forum suggests writing a SAR to the bank, but I have accounts in several banks and a few credit cards too, so the £10 charge for each of these SARs soon adds up. Notwithstanding this is it still worth while requesting a SAR from all my lenders/banks? and should I get my credit file from all the agencies or should just the one be ok?

Many thanks in adavance.

If you haven't had your mobile very long there could be a good chance that your phone number has been recycled and these messages are for someone completely different. Do they ever include your name in the messages? My guess is that they don't, because they can't prove it is you they actually want. This is the mobile phone equivalent of sending a letter to a house addressed to 'The Occupier'. As Brokenbutnotbeatn says, once you respond to any of these messages you will be hounded relentlessly.

You are doing the right thing by keeping an eye on your credit file, and if any of your accounts had been passed to debt collectors you would usually have had something in writing. As the other half of someone who landed himself in much do-do with debt collectors, I can guarantee you that if they have an address for you then they will write to it!! If you are still concerned, maybe you can contact the people at your old address and ask them to make sure they forward anything that still arrives for you.

I wouldn't even begin to worry about something which hasn't happened, and IMO is unlikely too. Even if this clown managed to obt5ain a CCJ by default it would be easily set aside so don't let that worry you.

What ever this clown wants to say can be committed in writing, keep a diary of events for future reference.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!