Engage Trying to evict me- Help+ lots of Fees to get back ! EVICTION STOPPED

Pupter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Last year we were in mortgage arrears and were told we would be taken to court, they were after a possession order. Stupidly I didn't get legal advice due to cost and my local CAB being unavailable pretty much all the time. The Mortgage company said if I arranged an amount per month with them in additional to my payments they would just get a suspended possession order and I needn't attend court (bad advice it seems but I was naive).

so they got their suspended order and we started paying it, but then had some work difficulties and went through a period of not being able to pay the full amounts.

Now they are saying they are going for an eviction though no date is through yet. There want a large lump sum, I don't have one. Help!

I have filled in an income and expenditure which proves I can now afford the regular monthly payment, the spo amount and a small additional amount towards the arrears but it sounds as if they won't agree and just want possession now. Will they get it?

There are a few hundred £'s of insurance payments on there which they say they will remove due to me already having buildings insurance elsewhere.

They have bought this mortgage off another company which were charging me arrears charges of around £55 a month too. Can anything be done about that? Because if all of those things came off we would be a bit nearer to making a dent in the arrears?

Basically help! I have three kids and am worried sick!

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

Last year we were in mortgage arrears and were told we would be taken to court, they were after a possession order. Stupidly I didn't get legal advice due to cost and my local CAB being unavailable pretty much all the time. The Mortgage company said if I arranged an amount per month with them in additional to my payments they would just get a suspended possession order and I needn't attend court (bad advice it seems but I was naive).

so they got their suspended order and we started paying it, but then had some work difficulties and went through a period of not being able to pay the full amounts.

Now they are saying they are going for an eviction though no date is through yet. There want a large lump sum, I don't have one. Help!

I have filled in an income and expenditure which proves I can now afford the regular monthly payment, the spo amount and a small additional amount towards the arrears but it sounds as if they won't agree and just want possession now. Will they get it?

There are a few hundred £'s of insurance payments on there which they say they will remove due to me already having buildings insurance elsewhere.

They have bought this mortgage off another company which were charging me arrears charges of around £55 a month too. Can anything be done about that? Because if all of those things came off we would be a bit nearer to making a dent in the arrears?

Basically help! I have three kids and am worried sick!

Hi there, don't panic, there is always something we can do to help. If they refuse to accept your proposal you can apply to the court to get a hearing in front of a judge to get the eviction cancelled and we can help you with that.

I need to ask a few questions before I can advise further:

Who is the lender?

How much are the arrears (approx)

How many payments have you missed since the spo

have you filled in their income & expenditure sheet? or one of your own? have you given it to them yet?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Hi there, don't panic, there is always something we can do to help. If they refuse to accept your proposal you can apply to the court to get a hearing in front of a judge to get the eviction cancelled and we can help you with that.

I need to ask a few questions before I can advise further:

Who is the lender?

How much are the arrears (approx)

How many payments have you missed since the spo

have you filled in their income & expenditure sheet? or one of your own? have you given it to them yet?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Will pm you the company actually if that is alright, I don't know if it makes any difference but just in case. the arrears are £9500 ish overall with about £3400 since the SPO apparently. I paid fully in June, a big chunk of a months worth in May and a lump sum off about £1500 or £2000 i think earlier in the year and then whatever I could over the past few months. I will be making my full payment plus £300 ish this month, same next month and have offered to pay around £200 extra over the next few months. Yes to the I&E form and have sent them that.

Will pm you the company actually if that is alright, I don't know if it makes any difference but just in case. the arrears are £9500 ish overall with about £3400 since the SPO apparently. I paid fully in June, a big chunk of a months worth in May and a lump sum off about £1500 or £2000 i think earlier in the year and then whatever I could over the past few months. I will be making my full payment plus £300 ish this month, same next month and have offered to pay around £200 extra over the next few months. Yes to the I&E form and have sent them that.

Are you sure you can afford that amount towards the arrears in addition to the normal monthly payment? will you be able to maintain that amount ?

It's a shame you filled in their I & E form, they're usually pretty restrictive in regards to categories of outgoings. It's best to use the budget sheet that the CAB/Nationaldebtline use and which we also recommend. I've affixed a sample - it calculates automatically as you fill it in - try completing it and see if it gives a different result than the one you have already done. Did you send it to them by recorded delivery?

Budget Sheet.xls

Are you sure you can afford that amount towards the arrears in addition to the normal monthly payment? will you be able to maintain that amount ?

It's a shame you filled in their I & E form, they're usually pretty restrictive in regards to categories of outgoings. It's best to use the budget sheet that the CAB/Nationaldebtline use and which we also recommend. I've affixed a sample - it calculates automatically as you fill it in - try completing it and see if it gives a different result than the one you have already done. Did you send it to them by recorded delivery?

Budget Sheet.xls

I'll have a look at that now, thanks. I only sent it regular post and so far they haven't received it. I know we can afford it because I have gone over the figures and have factored in one offs and emergencies too plus I have asked to increase my hours at work so that would help too.

I'll have a look at that now, thanks. I only sent it regular post and so far they haven't received it. I know we can afford it because I have gone over the figures and have factored in one offs and emergencies too plus I have asked to increase my hours at work so that would help too.

Did you put a covering letter with the I&E ?

Did you put a covering letter with the I&E ?

OK, it's a fair chance that even if they have got it - it won't have arrived at the right desk. You need to send again with a covering letter (if you need help with it I can draft one for you) and send by either recorded or special delivery, so they can't say they haven't got it. Did you have the right department and address to send it to ?

I haven't got your pm yet with the name of the lender - it would be helpful to know who we are dealing with.

OK, it's a fair chance that even if they have got it - it won't have arrived at the right desk. You need to send again with a covering letter (if you need help with it I can draft one for you) and send by either recorded or special delivery, so they can't say they haven't got it. Did you have the right department and address to send it to ?

I haven't got your pm yet with the name of the lender - it would be helpful to know who we are dealing with.

Hi, got your pm :) and replied

Hi, got your pm :) and replied

Thank you for your reply. So step one is getting this I&E to them with my insurance schedule to see how much its reduced by and then try and get them to stop possession?

Thank you for your reply. So step one is getting this I&E to them with my insurance schedule to see how much its reduced by and then try and get them to stop possession?

You need to send the I &E with a covering letter outlining your payment proposal. Do you need help with the letter?

You need to send the I &E with a covering letter outlining your payment proposal. Do you need help with the letter?