acenden and supended warrant issued

tlal05
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4618 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone,

I got a a letter today saying a notice of eviction on 30th august 2011 from Matthew Arnold & Baldwin on behalf of acenden due to arrears on my mortgage which stand at £3,362.91.

I was in a agreement with acenden to pay off my arrears at 160.00 per month on top of my mortgage but due to me getting an ear infection and off work for 1 month i had no money coming in and they have issued the warrent again.

I spoke to them and have proof of absence from work as i saw the occupational nurse regarding my ear infection.

I have also been to seek advice from Chas (charity housing services) whom are getting a N244 from ready for me.

I phoned acenden with my income and expenditure details all they were interested in is "HOW MUCH LUMP SUM CAN YOU PROVIDE". thats all i got from them.

I was Burgaled on the 6/6/2011 and they stole a PPI cheque of £3940.00 which i didnt cash (due to working nights) and i reported it to the company whom stopped the cheque, this cheque was going to pay my arrears but my insurance company are still investigating.

I have tried to raise some cash but have had no success as yet as all acenden want is a lump sum.

could some one help me on this issue?

Thanks

tlal05

You appear to already be receiving assistance from CHAS, so what other assistance are you looking for?

Chase up the insurance for a new cheque. If they've put a stop on it, then there is no reason to delay re-issuing. Unless it has in fact been cashed and they are investigating any link to you on that score.

Lump sums are unnecessary. You should, however, bring the agreement back up to date and show in your defence that you can afford to pay the agreed sum going forward. Since you already have assistance with filling in your defence, there isn't much anyone here can do to assist you further.

Hi there, I know the horror of dealing with Acenden and can completely sympathise and relate to the constant pressure to pay a lump sum and would like to say dont let them force you to commit to something that you cannot maintain. Whilst I see Lea's point that you are getting help from CHAS, I think what this site can offer is moral support and understanding from others who have been in your situation and I would like to offer just that.

How is the N244 coming along? Have you submitted it yet? Are you in a position to restore the additional payments and are they realistic and affordable to you. This is something you should think about before submitting your forms to the courts.

Your arrears are relatively low (I know you probably dont think so!!!!), mine were at one point £6000+ including charges, I have now got them down to under £2000. One important thing is are they charging you arrears fees and are you able to pay on 1st of month which is what they want?

• 2 weeks later...

Good luck with these people, it seems you have reasonable case, but be prepared, these people are a nightmare and will lie in court. You have to make sure you challenge everything that they say and have your own case prepared. If you find anything they say is not true, then ask for time to prove it and stay calm. Also get this cheque followed up; that should help you to pay something off the arrears, but also be aware, they also lose payments as well. Make them prove everything! Good luck.